Canada-U.S. soccer ref defended by father

Aug 7, 2012 Full story: CBC News

Canadian forwards Christine Sinclair, left, and Melissa Tancredi react after losing 4-3 in extra time in women's soccer action against the U.S. on Monday.

Full Story
biguggy

Stephenville, Canada

#1 Aug 15, 2012
Perhaps Mr Pedersen and his daughter should sit down together and watch the game then she could indicate to him when she warned the Canadian 'keeper.
I would then suggest that they obtain a copy of the publication available here:-
http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/...
and then read the section on page 125 that deals with the subject of kicking the ball directly at an opponent when taking a free kick. In case they are in any doubt the FIFA definitions of 'careless','reckless' and 'using excessive force' are given on page 111 of the above publication.
Perhaps then Mr Pedersen could explain why the Canadians were not awarded a free kick for the manner in which the US free kick was taken
Anonymous

Ottawa, Canada

#2 Aug 15, 2012
biguggy wrote:
Perhaps Mr Pedersen and his daughter should sit down together and watch the game then she could indicate to him when she warned the Canadian 'keeper.
I would then suggest that they obtain a copy of the publication available here:-
http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/...
and then read the section on page 125 that deals with the subject of kicking the ball directly at an opponent when taking a free kick. In case they are in any doubt the FIFA definitions of 'careless','reckless' and 'using excessive force' are given on page 111 of the above publication.
Perhaps then Mr Pedersen could explain why the Canadians were not awarded a free kick for the manner in which the US free kick was taken
The stupid b*&^c that refereed that game was actually a man if you look closely. And everyone, including numerous Americans who hav commented on here, knows that we were screwed again by both the IOC and FIFA. I am just not sure how players on the US can sit there and smile on the podium when they know very well they should have been playing for a bronze medal and NOT a gold. Especially that loud-mouth, outspoken tramp Hope Solo who could been seen laughing during the national anthem of the medal ceremony. She is a disgrace to the game of a soccer with her poor sportsmanship and criticism of fellow players and even American commentators. Not sure why the American coach puts up with her because she had a lousy tournament and is really not that good.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Summer Olympics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Skuriat shines in & out of water Feb 26 stewart scott 2
Greg Rutherford enjoyed an impressive day in Bi... Feb 23 stewart scott 2
Kate to visit Ainslie sailing hub Feb 12 Christopher Cross 1
Carl Froch has decided to vacate his IBF super-... Feb 4 jeff12365 1
Kenpong shakes Accra with big party Jan '15 monaisabitch 1
Martina Navratilova Marries Julia Lemigova In N... Dec '14 Ray 1
Premier League: Fan arrested for anti-Semitic a... (Mar '14) Dec '14 kabustimawa 2
More from around the web