The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U...

The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mostly Nice Places

There are 20971 comments on the Gawker story from Nov 22, 2010, titled The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mostly Nice Places. In it, Gawker reports that:

According to a study of FBI crime statistics by CQ Press, St. Louis , Mo. was the "most dangerous city in the U.S." in 2010, probably due to former St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Gawker.

Curious

Wimberley, TX

#8464 Aug 4, 2012
mdom1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
So... Whats your point? Are you suggestion taking action against a particular race or that all blacks are the problem? So if this was an article about corporate crimes in big cities and I responded by saying "its all caused by white people... Surprise surprise. Funny how some news papers don't mention that" What would you say to me? Regardless if you are white or not, my hypothetical response would be irrational, inadequate, and borderline racist just as yours. If you were striving to achieve those 3 things you definitely get A+.
I encourage you to openly discuss exactly what you said in a conversation with a black "friend". That is if you genuinely have any. I also encourage some ethnic/cultural diversity in your life. I promise it is a lot fun and you'll learn more than listening to crappy polarizing liberal and conservative news.
Corporate crime is yet another Diversity thang, where white queers and white Israelis revel and excel.

Obama demonstrated that fact very clearly with his Wall Street bailouts targeted for Diversity people run businesses.

Celebrate Diversity...

http://www.celebratingourdiversity.com/

http://www.goldmansachs.com/who-we-are/divers...
yomama

Saint Louis, MO

#8465 Aug 4, 2012
If your referring to me, no I am not talking about taking action against a particular race, I am saying somebody from the black communities needs to really step up and help. Many of these young men don't have fathers and now its cyclical. I don't want to kill off black people, I am saying black people need to change the views of a good portion of their cultural thinking and quit accepting not being accountable and not being more responsible for your actions. Quit waiting and start going to get, legally. Again, this is not a shot at the whole race, but if you are of the portion I am talking about, you should take heed. A guy like Al Sharpton should not be a representative of the race, he only defends whether right or wrong. He needs to defend when it is necessary and denounce and criticize the wrong doings of some of these young men, instead of making excuses. He would be respected by both races if he did. All he does is create apathy.
lmao

La Plata, MD

#8466 Aug 5, 2012
yomama wrote:
If your referring to me, no I am not talking about taking action against a particular race, I am saying somebody from the black communities needs to really step up and help. Many of these young men don't have fathers and now its cyclical. I don't want to kill off black people, I am saying black people need to change the views of a good portion of their cultural thinking and quit accepting not being accountable and not being more responsible for your actions. Quit waiting and start going to get, legally. Again, this is not a shot at the whole race, but if you are of the portion I am talking about, you should take heed. A guy like Al Sharpton should not be a representative of the race, he only defends whether right or wrong. He needs to defend when it is necessary and denounce and criticize the wrong doings of some of these young men, instead of making excuses. He would be respected by both races if he did. All he does is create apathy.

When did Mr. Sharpton ever defend or make excuses for wrongdoing? No matter what he does folks like you simply are not going to dig what he's saying because he is black. Case closed.
lmao

La Plata, MD

#8467 Aug 5, 2012
http://www.pacovilla.com/...
Decline in Blacks in State Prisons for Drugs

The number of African-American drug offenders in state prisons has declined for the first time since law enforcement agencies started the war on drugs 25 years ago, even as convictions of white drug offenders have increased, according to a new study released Tuesday…the number of blacks in state prisons for drug crimes dropped 21.6 percent from 1999 to 2005, the last year for which data are available. The number of white drug offenders in state prisons grew by 42.6 percent in the same period.

The total number of drug offenders in state prisons increased to 253,300 in 2005 from 251,200 in 1999…

Experts in criminal justice suggested several reasons for the decline in imprisoned black drug offenders, including a reduction in racial profiling, a drop in open-air drug sales and a cooling of the crack cocaine trade that devastated urban communities throughout the 1980s and ’90s…David Kopel, an associate policy analyst for the Cato Institute, attributed the decline in black inmates serving time for drug offenses to the decline in crack cocaine, which was the drug of choice for many black addicts.

“We’re probably just seeing a shift in drug use and consumption patterns of crack cocaine, and so there is less production as well,” Mr. Kopel said….

Stiffer enforcement of laws against the production and use of methamphetamine, which is generally associated with white drug users, could account for the increase in imprisoned white drug offenders, said Beau Kilmer, a fellow at the RAND Corporation in Santa Monica, Calif.

In California, the number of felony arrests for methamphetamine production increased by about 70 percent over the last decade, Mr. Kilmer said…
 (theres more of course)

I figured since White Nationalists can blow out of anything out of context concerning blacks (ex. a JandJ article claiming 1 of 2 blacks having an STD) how can White Nationalists explain this.

Meth is the white mans crack. No race is immune to flaws, for the record. So before you throw blacks, jews and whomever else you don't desire under the bus- consider a mirror to look into.

When you whites want to reach out to us and our leaders, we will not turn our backs on you, say it is your problem, throw statistics at you, mock nor belittle you. Even though the stance that many whites took against us in the late 80's and 90's really blew us away, we will not treat you the same way!
Obskeptic

United States

#8468 Aug 5, 2012
lmao wrote:
<quoted text>.
When did Mr. Sharpton ever defend or make excuses for wrongdoing? No matter what he does folks like you simply are not going to dig what he's saying because he is black. Case closed.
I don't dig what he is saying because he pedals hate for a living, not the gospel. So do you mean besides the Tawana Brawley rape case? Here is a more recent example of the love, forgiveness, and togetherness the "Reverend" preaches.

http://www.dividedstates.com/two-black-teens-...
Sharpton and Jackson are just tools being used by the white, democrat power structure to keep the more ignorant blacks in America whipped up and angry at everything and everyone. Just like the slave master used the "house negroes" against the slaves living in the barns on the plantation.
lmao

Washington, DC

#8469 Aug 5, 2012
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't dig what he is saying because he pedals hate for a living, not the gospel. So do you mean besides the Tawana Brawley rape case? Here is a more recent example of the love, forgiveness, and togetherness the "Reverend" preaches.
Sharpton and Jackson are just tools being used by the white, democrat power structure to keep the more ignorant blacks in America whipped up and angry at everything and everyone. Just like the slave master used the "house negroes" against the slaves living in the barns on the plantation.
I didn't read anywhere in this horse$h!t where Mr. Sharpton instructed anyone to exact revenge on any white person for what happened to Trayvon. Where did you get this garbage from, Stormfront or something?
lmao

Washington, DC

#8470 Aug 5, 2012
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you not strong enough mentally to read an article like this and trash it like it so rightfully deserves. You folks simply cannot be this easy to manipulate.
lmao

Washington, DC

#8471 Aug 5, 2012
yomama wrote:
Hypercup.org
How Heroin Is Making Its Way To The Suburbs
by BRIDGET on JUNE 24, 2012
During the 1980s, half of all heroin addicts lived in either New York or California. The big cities provided the easiest access to the drug and caused millions of individuals to become severely addicted. Since then, heroin has spread around the country. Usually found in inner cities and run-down areas, officials now say that heroin is making its way to where you would least expect it; the suburbs. Kids in the suburbs are taking up the drug in staggering numbers, and are experiencing devastating consequences as a result. Heroin is one of the most addictive and dangerous drugs in the entire world, and if a person is not treated for an addiction, they will more than likely end up in jail or dead.

Suburban Areas

Ironically, kids that live in large cities have heard and understood the message that heroin is extremely dangerous, while kids in the suburbs never have. Parents and educators in better neighborhoods never fathomed that their kids would be brazen enough to use heroin in the first place. However, that is exactly what is now happening in record numbers.  Young people in suburbs are beginning to experiment with heroin because they are not fully aware of what can happen to them if they develop an addiction.

New Research

New research from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration reveals that the number of teenagers dying from heroin overdoses has risen substantially in the past twenty years. In 1999, 198 young people overdosed on heroin. In 2009, there were 510 deaths. Thankfully, more teens are now becoming aware of the dangers of heroin, and more and more young people who are struggling with an addiction are seeking treatment. This is an encouraging sign that education on the dangers of drugs are starting to have an effect on young people in the suburbs where 90% of heroin addicts are white. Some researchers believe that the increase in heroin use among young people can be directly linked to prescription drug abuse.

How do you plan in fixing this?
Manuel Moses

Dayton, OH

#8472 Aug 5, 2012
Al Sharpton, black and proud...

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/Articles/o...
lmao

United States

#8473 Aug 5, 2012
Manuel Moses wrote:
Al Sharpton, black and proud...
http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/Articles/o...
Interesting!
yomama

Saint Louis, MO

#8474 Aug 5, 2012
NY Times 2009. While blacks make up 35% of the population in New York, they make up 66% of all violent crimes and 80% of all murders. lmao, you skew numbers, you just want to win the argument with bulls.it, not look at the facts.
lmao

Falls Church, VA

#8475 Aug 5, 2012
yomama wrote:
NY Times 2009. While blacks make up 35% of the population in New York, they make up 66% of all violent crimes and 80% of all murders. lmao, you skew numbers, you just want to win the argument with bulls.it, not look at the facts.
Men are four times more likely than woman to die by suicide, but women try to commit suicide twice as often as men (they're just unsuccessful). Such attempts are often viewed as a "cry for help" rather than an actual attempt to end the person's life.

Guns are the most commonly-used method for committing suicide. Using a gun to kill oneself accounted for nearly 60 percent of suicides. Seventy-three percent of all suicides are committed by white men, and 79 percent of all firearm suicides are committed by white men. The highest suicide rate was for white men.

36,000 suicides
12,000 homicides

4500 homicides by blacks
32,000 suicides by whites
Rodin Kerry

Dayton, OH

#8476 Aug 5, 2012
lmao wrote:
<quoted text>
Men are four times more likely than woman to die by suicide, but women try to commit suicide twice as often as men (they're just unsuccessful). Such attempts are often viewed as a "cry for help" rather than an actual attempt to end the person's life.
Guns are the most commonly-used method for committing suicide. Using a gun to kill oneself accounted for nearly 60 percent of suicides. Seventy-three percent of all suicides are committed by white men, and 79 percent of all firearm suicides are committed by white men. The highest suicide rate was for white men.
36,000 suicides
12,000 homicides
4500 homicides by blacks
Suicide is not murder, meatball.
lmao

Falls Church, VA

#8477 Aug 5, 2012
Rodin Kerry wrote:
<quoted text>
Suicide is not murder, meatball.
"meatball?"

You actually made laugh!

FaithUSA

“TUEBOR”

Since: Jul 11

Michigan

#8478 Aug 5, 2012
Blacks are seven times more likely to commit murder than any other race.
Blacks are eight times more likely to commit robbery than any other race.
Blacks nearly three times more likely than non-blacks to use a gun, and more than twice as likely to use a knife.
Hispanics commit violent crimes three times the rate of Whites.
Of the 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every year involving negros and Whites eighty-five percent have black offenders and White Victims
Whites only make up ten percent of all gang members.
What determines this? Why are blacks so much more violent than Whites? Keep in mind, these statistics are not arrest statistics, they are convictions. If we were to factor in all the crimes committed by both and or all races that are not reported it would be even higher and make the point even stronger!

It's become quite evident that based on history and one's eyesight that blacks are simply more violent and predatorily in nature.

It's shocking.
lmao

Greenbackville, VA

#8479 Aug 5, 2012
FaithUSA wrote:
Keep in mind, these statistics are not arrest statistics, they are convictions.
As of 2010, statistics report that of 16,277 murders, 10,568 were committed by males, 1,176 were by female, and 4,533 were committed in which the offenders sex was unknown. Likewise, 5,334 murders were committed by white offenders, 5,943 were committed by black or black and Hispanic offenders, 273 were committed by offenders of other races, and 4,727 murders were committed by offenders whose race is not known.
Notice how Blacks and Hispanics are lumped together.
all persons arrested for offending, stated that of the crimes surveyed for which the identity of the offender could be determined, 77.2 percent of all persons arrested were white or Hispanic, 20.3 percent of people arrested for offending were black or black and Hispanic; and the remaining 2.4 percent were of other races.
77% of ALL crimes are done by whites! ALL CRIMES!
yomama

Saint Louis, MO

#8480 Aug 5, 2012
lmao wrote:
<quoted text>
36,000 suicides
12,000 homicides
4500 homicides by blacks
Your point?
yomama

Saint Louis, MO

#8481 Aug 5, 2012
lmao wrote:
<quoted text>
As of 2010, statistics report that of 16,277 murders, 10,568 were committed by males, 1,176 were by female, and 4,533 were committed in which the offenders sex was unknown. Likewise, 5,334 murders were committed by white offenders, 5,943 were committed by black or black and Hispanic offenders, 273 were committed by offenders of other races, and 4,727 murders were committed by offenders whose race is not known.
all persons arrested for offending, stated that of the crimes surveyed for which the identity of the offender could be determined, 77.2 percent of all persons arrested were white or Hispanic, 20.3 percent of people arrested for offending were black or black and Hispanic; and the remaining 2.4 percent were of other races.
Those numbers are not correct, wikipedia that. Your skewing numbers again.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#8482 Aug 5, 2012
lmao wrote:
<quoted text>
Blacks are only 12.5% of the population and they commit 60% of all violent crimes. They are more likely to go to prison than college. Detroit has a 25% high school graduation rate. 70% of all blacks are born out of wedlock. 35,000 white women are raped by blacks each year. So few black women are raped by whites that it cannot be statistically expressed.
At midnight, would you feel safer walking down the streets in an all black neighborhood? An all white neighborhood?
junebug

AOL

#8483 Aug 5, 2012
a lot of blacks ,not all, are very lazy, just want to live off tax payer,s,so they steal and rob to keep out of work force. I blame are gov, local and other for letting this happen,when women get sec 8 ,gov housing, they need to keep eye on them, they move dope dealing boy friends in,some times half doz will be living off you and i,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oakland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Girl who came to U.S. illegally can't get loans (May '10) 32 min Juan 3,258
News UC Berkeley calls off Ann Coulter talk for secu... 1 hr Thismachinekillsl... 5
News Al Gore: "I Could Become Catholic Because of Th... (May '15) 3 hr Aurora Colorado 53
News HORROR - Mob of 60 Teenagers Rob, Beat Passenge... 9 hr Cordwainer Trout 2
Steve Kerr likely will not survive his life thr... Sun Bay Area 1
News Survey: Most Californians support school a sanc... Sat ICE MAN 4
News marshaw lynch to raiders? (Oct '14) Apr 15 People phart 8

Oakland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oakland Mortgages