Reward Offered in Vacaville Teen's Murder

There are 17 comments on the News10 Sacramento story from Jul 26, 2007, titled Reward Offered in Vacaville Teen's Murder. In it, News10 Sacramento reports that:

A $6,000 reward is now being offered for information leading to the arrest of Joseph Stanley Duran III, 18, of Vacaville.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News10 Sacramento.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
A Rush to Judgment

San Jose, CA

#31 Jul 28, 2007
Peace on earth wrote:
All the family members and all the young people involved in this tragedy are in my prayers. No matter what really happened, once someone is accused they are judged guilty and thrown into the jaws of the ravenous prison machine. Anyone who thinks that all the people in prison are guilty just doesn't understand that the system is corrupt arrest through parole. Several young lives will be lost over this incident before it's all over.
Most Definetly !!! In Agreement ~~holding up in prayer,for peace,protection and direction,and divine guidance and intervension ~~for all the families involved !!
xxx

San Bruno, CA

#32 Jul 28, 2007
YC RESIDENT wrote:
<quoted text>
I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU ON THIS DETECTIVE. IF YOU READ OTHER STORIES COMMENTS YOU WILL FIND THE SAME THING, RACIST COMMENTS. IT IS SAD THERE ARE STILL PEOPLE IN THE U.S. THAT AUTOMATICALLY PONIT THE FINGER TO THE PERSON THAT IS NOT WEARING THE "WHITE COAT". A CHILDS LIFE WAS TAKEN AND ANY PERSON OF COLOR COULD HAVE DONE THIS. IT HAPPENS EVERYDAY. WHAT ABOUT THE TRIAL THAT IS GOING ON IN YUBA COUNTY RIGHT NOW. TWO (WHITE) MALES WENT ONTO ANOTHER PERSONS PROPERTY WITH THE INTENT OF ROBBING THEM, OF DRUGS OF COURSE, AND KILLED THE OWNERS SON AND HIS FRIEND! LOOK, I SAID WHITE MALES. PROVES MY POINT THERE ARE CRIMINALS OF EVERY RACE! DO EVERYONE A FAVOR AND FIND THIS "SUSPECT" AND BRING THE FAMILY OF THE VICTIM SOME JUSTICE. AS FOR ALL THE RACIAL COMMENTS, TAKE IT SOMEWHERE ELSE WITH YOU , LIKE HELL. IT SAYS IN THE BIBLE LOVE ALL PEOPLE, RED, YELLOW, BLACK OR WHITE, WE ARE ALL PRECIOUS CHILDREN. ISN'T IT A SIN TO HATE?
where does it say that in the bible? the bible also says its ok to have slaves.
Nothing is as it appears

Sunnyvale, CA

#33 Jul 28, 2007
"Until The ∆ Liv∆nz Be∆nzs are awakened by their own court-hardships, each will continue to repeat the words, like a parrot wanting a cracker, that America has the fairest courts in the world. Some have come to realize that this is not true as the justice system continues to advance, plundering American citizens at its whim.

"When you voluntarily go into court you will find (or have found) that many times you will lose even though the law is clearly on your side. After such loss, due to your sense of justice, you file subsequent lawsuits or complaints against judges, you appeal decisions, and spend time and other resources thinking of other legal strategies for recourse, etc.

"Even worse, you become occupied for years on a course that costs you large sums of money and keeps you busy with very little to show for it except perhaps high blood pressure. Most often however, you become even more outraged and impoverished than when you innocently started down this path many years before.

"This is the "LITIGATION VORTEX"; where nothing is as it appears and where the plaintiff or Defendant is never to be seen again - with money
lynaqueesha sharpton

Walnut Creek, CA

#34 Jul 30, 2007
this is not a race issue? O.K.
Look at the any police department statistical data and tell me that crime and race are not related.
Salvie89

Oakland, CA

#35 Aug 1, 2007
hey i know the boy who got shot, that man went to my school, he got shot for nothing, i just pray for his mother and to anyone who can find this kid that took my friends life away.
lovedbysomany

United States

#36 Aug 5, 2007
If you take away the O in ANGELO your left with ANGEL...Look at his pics in the paper he was always smiling. It is not a race thing, nor economic class thing.
It truly is a senseless act of violence. YOU MUST REMEMBER THAT ANGLEO WASN'T THE INTENDED VICTIM!!
I have seen the law work both ways as I have read all of the comments. But in this case I want to commend the officers on the job they are doing and ask the public to please help them locate JO DURRAN III. And let the family know that we love them and want justice for there loss.(As we all would want it if it happened to us)... I went to ANGELO'S service I watched 100 young people (all race's) receive CHRIST (get saved) because they want to see Angelo again in heaven and they wanted to make some changes in their lives for the better. It was one of the most beautiful experiences I have had the pleasure of witnessing. This is how Angelo touched our lives. His family wants justice not revenge and we want "GOD'S MIDDLE LINE BACKER #5" to RIP. If you know anything about this case please call Vacaville PD...
lovedbysomany

United States

#37 Aug 5, 2007
One more point, Jo Duran III was shooting at a group of young people. So he didn't care who he hit because bullets have no names..It just so happened he hit Angelo Solano College football captain. He received that honor that same morning
his girlfriend and a few friends were going out to dinner to celebrate. He told her "I will be right back".......... and now we are all dealing with and talking about this. Let justice take its course, but if he is not caught there won't be any justice. If I had a child in Jo Durran's shoes, I would bring him in either to clear his name or to face his responsiblilty. And as his parent I would stand by his side every step of the way. If family or friends are hiding him what are you showing him.
gun deaths

San Jose, CA

#38 Aug 6, 2007
mesha Monge-Irizarry speaks of her son's death with pain. She has used her grief as inspirationto start the Idriss Stelley Foundation to help families cope with the death of a loved one killed at the hands of law enforcement.
Idriss Stelley, 23, tutored students in three different languages at the City College of SanFrancisco. He also attended Heald College. According to his family and friends, he was always a non-violent and captivating young man.According to published reports, he and his girlfriend, Summer Galbreath,went to the AMC Loews Metreon 15, where Stelley was allegedly smoking and drinking in the back of a movie theater.
There are conflicting reports as to who called the nine police officers and why they were called. What is known is that they came and evacuated the theater. Stelley's girlfriend called his mother, Mesha Monge-Irizzary, and when Irizarary called back, she heard the gunshots.
According to various news sources the police had shot Stelley between 10 and 48 times.
His professors (came to the funeral) and said Idriss was not crazy,we called him the shaman. He was our spiritual leader.
Irizarry sued the city of San Francisco for negligence and wrongful death. Om August 17, 2002, she received a $500,000 settlement.It was one of the largest settlements in San Francisco history involving excessive force. Forty-five percent of the money went to her attorney.
The rest of the money she used to start The Idriss Stelley Foundation which supports the families of those who have died at the hands of police with educational resources and builds community awareness about police-related deaths throughout the Bay Area.
Irizarry and her volunteer staff hold community gatherings, make Web sites for victims families, and accompany family members to City Hall or to court. She also provides translation in several languages to non-English speaking families, including French and Spanish.
Since she began in 2002,Idriss Stelley foundation has helped at least 36 families. Her clients include the family of 26-year-old Julio Ayala, a man who died after being put in a body wrap restraint device. Another client is the family of Richard Tims, a mentally-disabled man with AIDS who was shot and killed after a weapons scuffle on San Francisco MUNI.
We do not condone police brutality here,said Sgt. Neville Gittens, a spokesman for the San Francisco Police Department.If there are any brutality complaints, police officers will be addressed accordingly. If anyone has any complaints, we have the Office of Citizens Complaints.
Sgt. De Lacy Davis, a retired police officer from East Orange,NJ,said that excessive force could stem from racism and what he calls group think.
We were told to protect and serve people, all the people,Davis, an author and vocal critic of excessive police force,is a close friend of Irizarry. He does not believe that any police action should be based on sexism,racism, brutality or homophobia. He founded the organization called Black Cops Against Police Brutality in 1991.
Irizarry said that she is very passionate about what she is doing for families and in memory of her son.
To get more information or to volunteer, visit http://mysite.verizon.net/vzeo9ewi/idrissstel...
lovedbysomany

United States

#39 Aug 6, 2007
Unfortunately there are good and bad people in the world, good and bad in all different work forces. And I am glad there are foundations like the above that take action in a positive way. Those that have experienced negative treatment in that fashion should seek help and advice. The Detective that is handling Angelo Hurst Murder, is a good officer that is asking for public help in solving this crime..People speak up!!
some dude

United States

#40 Aug 20, 2007
lynaqueesha sharpton wrote:
this is not a race issue? O.K.
Look at the any police department statistical data and tell me that crime and race are not related.
as if that has any relevance to this topic? Perhaps you should quit looking at the statistics and instead consider the social factors that produce them. By your logic, skin color dictates your commitment to crime.

This isn't a racial issue, so lets please keep that seperate from this topic. I wish the hurst family and friends much strength. I sincerely wish for Joseph Duran to be arrested so that investigations on this case can continue.
Mallory

United States

#41 Feb 12, 2008
i am a family friend of the hurst family. i was there at the hospital when they found out they lost their son to this gun violence! as we come up on angelo's year anniversary... i hope joe duran will get whats comin to him... he took a life...and he deserves to have his taken as well... in whatever way we all wish to interpretate that!
The first one

Austin, TX

#42 Apr 10, 2008
For the persons thinking it was a recial issue. You are so far from right. This had nothing to do with race or anything of that sort. Angelo was the most kind hearted person I have ever met. I don't just say that because he is gone. He truly is the most amazing person any of us had come across. Nearly a year has gone and I still think about him very often. Wishing for just another day of his presence. He was not the person intended to be shot. Unfortunately, he had to take that burdon. And Lovedbysomany is so Right when she says that Angelo is an Angel. And god definately has a plan for him. He is our Angel, he is our protector. And honestly Angelo is such a good hearted guy that I bet he is protecting Joseph Duran. Just because he is a kind person who wishes no harm on anybody. Revenge is not the answer. All I know is that we terribly miss Angelo and yes it angers me that Joseph did this and I am just as furious as any other person. If I ever did run across him he definately would get something coming to him. I just hope that everyone does help to capture him. RIP Angelo. We love you and Miss you!
yung booi

San Mateo, CA

#43 Jun 17, 2008
ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha
yung booi

San Mateo, CA

#44 Jun 17, 2008
Brenda wrote:
I want to know why charges aren't being filed against the family members who are being uncooperative. Hopefully, officials are keeping an eye on their residences for any sign of this scumbag.
mind ya business booooooi ha,ha,ha,ha,ha
Fake Wannabe Gangbangers

AOL

#45 Aug 19, 2009
1st off the brother and cousin of the shooter still are good friends with the driver who is the main 1 that is telling what the coward did...Him and his sister...So what kind of family is that...They post stuff talking about the Berrys then go out and buy them drinks...2nd off didnt they have to get a blood test to see if that girl Jasmines baby was the brothers...Gangs are cowards and you arent even on that level...lol
Facts are in

Dallas, TX

#47 Nov 27, 2010
Justice4all wrote:
the lives of three young people are involved here, one is already dead. The other two are being judged guilty before there has been a trial. Is this America or some Fascist country where innocent until proven guilty. The boys obviously knew one another, if there was any justice in the courts, Duran wouldn't have disappeared. With these types of comments, the attitudes are clear. One death will result in the destruction of several lives no doubt. Seasoned gang banger? Wanton Killer? Hardly! Such hateful fascist diatribe on these boards when nobody knows what happened.
Yeah, he did it and now he is going to do the time. Wannabe gangbanging muderer indeed. He murdered a innocent young man and now he will pay for it
Life

Dallas, TX

#48 Nov 27, 2010
yung booi wrote:
<quoted text>mind ya business booooooi ha,ha,ha,ha,ha
Life without parole..Ha,ha,ha,ha you feel that coward. All you feel that and thank Angelo Duran for getting that reward money. Lmao, what people do for money. More charges to follow boy. Keep feeling those years and happy holidays.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oakland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Drive a Car in Oakland? Your Movements Are Bein... 1 hr Whiny1 2
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 16 hr Chuck 19,892
Benicia - Best place to raise a family? (May '07) 23 hr BizOwner 35
News Al Gore: "I Could Become Catholic Because of Th... Mon Earl the Pearl 11
How to Convert Sony Handycam MTS to MP4 on PC/M... Sun aivian 3
2015 Oakland Murders May 2 Inglewood92 7
May Day rallies broaden to address police bruta... May 2 Say What 2
More from around the web

Oakland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]