What is your favorite nickname for Oa...

What is your favorite nickname for Oakland?

Created by Ice Cream Man on Oct 7, 2007

211 votes

Click on an option to vote

Oaktown

Sunny Side of the Bay

The O

The Town

The Biggity Biggity O

Other (comment?)

I hate nicknames

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
K-dogg

United States

#1 Oct 8, 2007
"WEst Side Till I Die"
vergil goodman

El Dorado Hills, CA

#2 Oct 8, 2007
We prefer to call it JOKELAND, especially since Jokelanders elected Dellums as mayor!
menards

Cherry Hill, NJ

#3 Oct 10, 2007
"Should I get out of the car?"
90056Native

AOL

#4 Nov 5, 2007
A HELL-HOLE for poor Blacks & Mexicans. Always has been and it seems it always will be.

Nothing has changed much since the 1960's
vergil goodman

El Dorado Hills, CA

#5 Nov 5, 2007
90056Native wrote:
A HELL-HOLE for poor Blacks & Mexicans. Always has been and it seems it always will be.
Hey, they're not only poor - they're ignorant and violent, and proud of being both! Why do you think i call it JOKELAND?
Carl

Concord, CA

#7 Nov 6, 2007
I prefer to call it "home". The Lake Merritt area and Oakland Hills are gorgeous. The Chabot Science Center is top notch. The Paramont theater is a top notch show place. Some parts of are pretty bad, to be honest, but there are part of town that are beautiful and peaceful.

Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater Don't malign the whole city because some parts of it are less desirable to live in than other.

I call Oakland "Home".
peter

Mendota, CA

#8 Nov 6, 2007
i hate it cause okland is gay
haha

Oakland, CA

#9 Nov 6, 2007
coakland...thanks felix mitchell
peter

Mendota, CA

#10 Nov 6, 2007
cause it is not cool over tere and its ugly and boring and dont dont have any femals like stocktone 209 okland
vergil goodman

El Dorado Hills, CA

#11 Nov 7, 2007
Carl wrote:
I prefer to call it "home". The Lake Merritt area and Oakland Hills are gorgeous. The Chabot Science Center is top notch. The Paramont theater is a top notch show place. Some parts of are pretty bad, to be honest, but there are part of town that are beautiful and peaceful.
Paramount Theater is beautiful - but can only get corny gospel shows. Now Jokeland dumps millions into renovating old Fox Theater - what are they (almost) thinking?

Since: Jul 07

Union City, CA

#12 Nov 8, 2007
Brian Wilson, tori amos, ben harper, brian setzer are corny gospel shows?
vergil goodman wrote:
<quoted text>
Paramount Theater is beautiful - but can only get corny gospel shows. Now Jokeland dumps millions into renovating old Fox Theater - what are they (almost) thinking?
vergil goodman

El Dorado Hills, CA

#13 Nov 8, 2007
Oaktown Dimond wrote:
Brian Wilson, tori amos, ben harper, brian setzer are corny gospel shows?
<quoted text>
Wow, i'm impressed - and you forgot Dellums' inaugural melee. Go see what's on the marquee now. So, what's your fav name for JOKELAND?
Marcus

Fremont, CA

#14 Nov 9, 2007
Punkland as in Punk Rock!
Georgina

Emeryville, CA

#15 Nov 10, 2007
GhettoLand~

OK, Carl, quit bull$hitting yourself. Chabot Space Center is not really Oakland, that's a regional park where practically nobody lives. College Avenue is not Oakland either, that's some extension of Berkeley, which is also ghetto. Those are tiny little exceptions to a city that is filled with poverty and criminals.

It's never going to get better here. Dream of gentrification all day, but where are all these people going to go? Don't forget, most people live to about 80 years old, so many if not most are going to outlive you and all the social programs and community college courses are not going to help them become normal, contributing members of society.

Just wait until you get jumped, mugged, or shot at. Yeah, you'll be running back to the burb's in no time.
Carl wrote:
Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater Don't malign the whole city because some parts of it are less desirable to live in than other.
I call Oakland "Home".

“Apply directly until it hurts”

Since: May 07

Rohnert Park, CA

#16 Nov 10, 2007
Jokeland. I can't take credit for it.
mandawg

Seffner, FL

#17 Apr 17, 2008
90056Native wrote:
well gosh i may not live there but y insult
ppl like that.what r u racist.
THE BaYaReA

United States

#18 Apr 18, 2008
i call it self destruction city..get money muthAfukas

Since: Apr 08

Whole BAY AREA 415, 510, 707

#19 Apr 18, 2008
haha wrote:
coakland...thanks felix mitchell
...wow so u knew him huh?? Big man no can fullfill his shoes.

#20 Apr 18, 2008
menards wrote:
"Should I get out of the car?"
ummm no best u dont even drive threw....lol

#21 Apr 18, 2008
Carl wrote:
I call Oakland "Home".
yaaaaaaaaaay big ups to u...yes there are great and beautiful things about Oakland..and u have named them....good for u show them the light...*claps*

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oakland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 11 hr Dominican 17 21,055
News Doctor heads to court after online sex sting (Nov '06) Thu Sweet J 17,496
antifa Thu black kid joe 2
Thousand Oaks County Mugshots and Criminal Arre... (Sep '16) Thu Chol 3
San Francisco County Mugshots and Criminal Arre... (Sep '16) Thu Jo jo 3
News Courts unifying computer systems (May '06) May 23 Your Service Prov... 3
News Vallejo marijuana talk draws sizeable crowd May 22 shoot first 5

Oakland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oakland Mortgages