Man near death in Oakland Uptown dist...

Man near death in Oakland Uptown district attack; suspects sought

There are 18 comments on the Inside Bay Area story from Apr 17, 2010, titled Man near death in Oakland Uptown district attack; suspects sought. In it, Inside Bay Area reports that:

A 59-year-old San Francisco man is not expected to survive injuries suffered Friday afternoon when he was punched in the face by a man who had been part of an earlier assault on the victim's son, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inside Bay Area.

lows

San Francisco, CA

#1 Apr 18, 2010
Poor reporting. The description of the young men who did the attacking were 2 young black thugs as seen on TV. The way it was written we thought it was done by Asian men, Hispanics, Arabs or even Caucasians.
Creeping Crap

Pittsburg, CA

#2 Apr 18, 2010
HATE CRIME!
Creeping Crap

Pittsburg, CA

#3 Apr 18, 2010
Why not call it what it is?
alison devereaux jones

UK

#4 Apr 18, 2010
w.wwhats going on in this world in broad daylight innocent man and is son for no reason .i live in the uk i can see whats happening to my country to london alone crime has gone out of control in many parts of the city due to immegration black ghettos they got nothing better to do than be high on drugs low life scum of the earth send them all back to their own country where they belong al
Sig Ryko

Mountain View, CA

#5 Apr 18, 2010
lows wrote:
Poor reporting. The description of the young men who did the attacking were 2 young black thugs as seen on TV. The way it was written we thought it was done by Asian men, Hispanics, Arabs or even Caucasians.
Did you really read the whole report? It gives a full description of these two turds with legs including the fact that they were black (which is no surprise to anybody who lives in the Bay Area!). They also show these punks pictures and it's quite clear what their race is. That's as it should be. I'm totally against descriptions of suspects that omit the race because it's politically correct to do so. That's not the case here though!
Sig Ryko

Mountain View, CA

#7 Apr 18, 2010
alison devereaux jones wrote:
w.wwhats going on in this world in broad daylight innocent man and is son for no reason .i live in the uk i can see whats happening to my country to london alone crime has gone out of control in many parts of the city due to immegration black ghettos they got nothing better to do than be high on drugs low life scum of the earth send them all back to their own country where they belong al
There was a time when I would have argued vehemently with you about that...but not so much anymore. Look most of us truly couldn't care what color or race our neighbors are. We do however expect them to act civilly and have respect for their fellow human beings. That seems to be an unknown concept among certain segments of our society. Not a majority of those people but a sizable minority which seems to be on the increase. Of course you have that cultural rot called "gangsta rap" glorifying these punks, thugs and gangs and condoning every uncivil and criminal act up to and including murder. Great message for impressionable youth eh? A lot of people out there (these thug punks a prime example!) obviously think that their shit doesn't stink and frankly I don't want to be anywhere near them!
Sig Ryko

Mountain View, CA

#8 Apr 18, 2010
Creeping Crap wrote:
Why not call it what it is?
It's a hate crime but it's obviously politically incorrect to call it that when the perpetrators are black. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton would not approve! This follows several other brutal African American thug attacks on other Asian people in the Bay Area, including one in which an elderly man later died after being pummeled by some black punks on the 3rd Street Muni light rail line in San Francisco! If that had been a black gentleman murdered by skin head whites Jesse and Al would be out here inciting rioting in the streets. Different set of standards there you understand...and just for the record I'm not condoning attacks on anybody at any time! Just leave everybody alone all of you stupid bastards!!!
Jackie2

United States

#10 Apr 18, 2010
It doesn't matter. Everyone suspects that the perps of violent crime against innocent bystanders in this city are young black men. Why? BECAUSE THEY ARE. Oakland has a problem and and the liberal white politicos won't address it b/c they are afraid of being labeled racist.

Ron Dellums; Barbara Lee---step up to the plate. Get your butts into the flat-lands. Stop riding the fumes of a bygone success. Ron, your failure as Oakland's mayor totally obliterated the laurels you earned when you were a young congressman. Before its too late, do something to save Oakland. We can't do it. It has to be an African American. You think you got any influence anymore?

And Babs....SO YOU VOTED AGAINST THE WAR...ANCIENT HISTORY. That only impressed your liberal white fan base anyway. What about YOUR people? Where's your loyalty? The best thing you can do to redeem yourself from being cozy with the black muslim bakery crooks is to help young black men. Come home from the beltway and the unions, move into the flats, roll up your sleeves, and do something useful, practical...save some kids eh?
Sig Ryko wrote:
<quoted text>
There was a time when I would have argued vehemently with you about that...but not so much anymore. Look most of us truly couldn't care what color or race our neighbors are. We do however expect them to act civilly and have respect for their fellow human beings. That seems to be an unknown concept among certain segments of our society. Not a majority of those people but a sizable minority which seems to be on the increase. Of course you have that cultural rot called "gangsta rap" glorifying these punks, thugs and gangs and condoning every uncivil and criminal act up to and including murder. Great message for impressionable youth eh? A lot of people out there (these thug punks a prime example!) obviously think that their shit doesn't stink and frankly I don't want to be anywhere near them!
Jackie2

United States

#11 Apr 18, 2010
It doesn't matter. Everyone suspects that the perps of violent crime against innocent bystanders in this city are young black men. Why? BECAUSE THEY ARE. Oakland has a problem and and the liberal white politicos won't address it b/c they are afraid of being labeled racist.

Ron Dellums; Barbara Lee---step up to the plate. Get your butts into the flat-lands. Stop riding the fumes of a bygone success. Ron, your failure as Oakland's mayor totally obliterated the laurels you earned when you were a young congressman. Before its too late, do something to save Oakland. We can't do it. It has to be an African American. You think you got any influence anymore?

And Babs....SO YOU VOTED AGAINST THE WAR...ANCIENT HISTORY. That only impressed your liberal white fan base anyway. What about YOUR people? Where's your loyalty? The best thing you can do to redeem yourself from being cozy with the black muslim bakery crooks is to help young black men. Come home from the beltway and the unions, move into the flats, roll up your sleeves, and do something useful, practical...save some kids eh?
lows wrote:
Jackie2

United States

#12 Apr 18, 2010

Jackie2

United States

#15 Apr 19, 2010
As long as gangsta rap sell, then the filthy rich white boys (and black boys) in the record industry are going to promote them. They rec-execs ain't gonna suddenly get a conscience. Green trumps all other colors...and I am not talking "environmental green" I'm talking $$$.
concerned

San Francisco, CA

#16 Apr 20, 2010
Jackie2 wrote:
As long as gangsta rap sell, then the filthy rich white boys (and black boys) in the record industry are going to promote them. They rec-execs ain't gonna suddenly get a conscience. Green trumps all other colors...and I am not talking "environmental green" I'm talking $$$.
its not because of music its about lack of family and family values. No fathers and bad mothers combined with a free ride welfare system where the more spawn you produce the more money you get. The system is broken and these sun humans have shown they will take advantage of every penny and don't care about doing the right thing. Also prision is not harsh enough- all their friends are there anyhow.
Sig Ryko

Mountain View, CA

#17 Apr 20, 2010
Jackie2 wrote:
Well of course the record execs are going to market the music (and calling that gangsta rap garbage "music" is really a stretch!") that sells. It's the same in every aspect of capitalistic commerce! You market what sells! If there weren't hundreds of millions of jerks that wanted to buy and listen to that trash they wouldn't be marketing it! The primary blame is the illiterate, foul mouthed, racist, sexist "artists" (again a real stretch to call them that!) that do the rapping and the morons (of all races!) that listen to and buy it! Trying to shift the blame to record company execs is simplistic!
Sig Ryko

Mountain View, CA

#18 Apr 20, 2010
concerned wrote:
<quoted text> its not because of music its about lack of family and family values. No fathers and bad mothers combined with a free ride welfare system where the more spawn you produce the more money you get. The system is broken and these sun humans have shown they will take advantage of every penny and don't care about doing the right thing. Also prision is not harsh enough- all their friends are there anyhow.
No real argument about the causes you mention but "gangsta rap" which glorifies punks, thugs and gangs just as it condones every uncivil and criminal act up to and including murder is a horrible message for young people! Talk about a lack of family values!!! The rappers themselves are shooting each other, bragging about their criminal past and the number of bullet holes in them! Good role models? I don't think so! It can't be dismissed as a contributing factor to the increased level or criminal activity and violence among urban youth or for that matter youth all over the country!
Sig Ryko

Mountain View, CA

#19 Apr 20, 2010
The good news is that these filthy little scumbags have been caught! Good work Oakland P.D.! Hopefully they will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law!

Now watch for a defense saying that these Asians started the whole thing, threw the first punch or used the "N" word (when in trouble always pull out the old "R" card!). Shiny suited ambulance chasing scumbag lawyer who has never met a black thug he didn't like is probably already on the case. Al Sharpton is already on his way out to denounce this persecution of the "brothers"!
concerned

Fairfield, CA

#20 Apr 20, 2010
Sig Ryko wrote:
<quoted text>
No real argument about the causes you mention but "gangsta rap" which glorifies punks, thugs and gangs just as it condones every uncivil and criminal act up to and including murder is a horrible message for young people! Talk about a lack of family values!!! The rappers themselves are shooting each other, bragging about their criminal past and the number of bullet holes in them! Good role models? I don't think so! It can't be dismissed as a contributing factor to the increased level or criminal activity and violence among urban youth or for that matter youth all over the country!
. Well I guess video games that give high scores for killing people are to blame too? Its a game man the music is not real either - these monkey see monkey doos need a father figure or real good person in their life to teach them that. The prob is the people having kids are too dumb to know the difference. Like I said these people should not be able to reproduce! Steralize, imprision and force to work for their food or put a bullet in their heads.
Sig Ryko

Mountain View, CA

#21 Apr 20, 2010
concerned wrote:
<quoted text>. Well I guess video games that give high scores for killing people are to blame too? Its a game man the music is not real either - these monkey see monkey doos need a father figure or real good person in their life to teach them that. The prob is the people having kids are too dumb to know the difference. Like I said these people should not be able to reproduce! Steralize, imprision and force to work for their food or put a bullet in their heads.
You're goddamn right those video games that are nothing more than murder simulators are part of the problem too. Same with all the extreme violence in movies and to a lesser extent TV. You think it's just a coincidence that the cops are more and more finding kids as young as 12 and 13 carrying guns and not afraid to use them at the slightest provocation, sometimes just for fun? I don't! Young people in particular are greatly influenced by pop culture and all of these things...gangsta rap, violent video games, violence in the media are contributing factors to our increasingly violent society. There is plenty of evidence and opinion by experts to back this up!

I'm totally against people having children irresponsibly, these non working, welfare single mothers and "my baby's daddy" fathers who abandon mama and child about the same time they pull their dicks out of mama's vagina but your comment that such people should get "a bullet in their head" if they don't meet your standards is deplorable and ignorant. You would have a great Nazi and supporter of Hitler!
MoronSlayer

Warrington, PA

#23 Apr 30, 2010
Unfortunately decent black people will suffer because of the actions of these cowardly thugs. I have a lot of black friends who are also parents and let me assure you if they found out their kids were involved in something like this they would get the azz whipping of their life before their parents called the police!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Oakland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vallejo man arrested in Oakland in fatal shooti... 4 hr Fairy God Mother 18
News For transgender victims, respect starts with us... 4 hr TerriB1 9
Raiders to withdraw the deal on moving the team... Wed Local 4
Raiders Wed Rick grande 3
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Wed Proud American 20,707
News The Latest: Official: Refrigerator potential so... Wed Go Blue Forever 1
dana wilkes shyla wilkes gavyn wilkes 5 years o... Tue OCCUPPY 2017 1

Oakland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Oakland Mortgages