'Lion Man' convicted of assault on partner

May 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Manawatu Evening Standard

High profile Northland man Craig Busch - best known as TV's 'Lion Man' - was today convicted on two charges of assault after finding his partner in bed with a naked couple. via Manawatu Evening Standard

Comments
1 - 20 of 335 Comments Last updated Feb 23, 2013
First Prev
of 17
Next Last
Kimberlee Anderson

New Zealand

#1 May 30, 2007
Personally HE is right for doing what he did because it is quite a shock to the system when you find your partner in bed NAKED with another couple for me as a 13 year old i was appaled not for him but for the lady in the bed with the couple!!! And i am glad that she is now not with him or the lion park and
i think she dosnt deserve the amount of money he had to pay to her when it should be the other way round.Hopefully he is happy without her and if it was me i would have feed them to the lions !!!!! HAHAHAHA
kyle

Upland, CA

#2 Jun 5, 2007
i agree with the young lady miss kimberlee about understanding his reaction to such a shocking event,but the court was right for making him pay for medical expenses and suffering. i love the tv series,new zealand should let the series be shown,the lion man is not a bad guy.
kyle

Upland, CA

#3 Jun 5, 2007
lion man rules!!!
Kimberlee Anderson wrote:
Personally HE is right for doing what he did because it is quite a shock to the system when you find your partner in bed NAKED with another couple for me as a 13 year old i was appaled not for him but for the lady in the bed with the couple!!! And i am glad that she is now not with him or the lion park and
i think she dosnt deserve the amount of money he had to pay to her when it should be the other way round.Hopefully he is happy without her and if it was me i would have feed them to the lions !!!!! HAHAHAHA
anon

Auckland, New Zealand

#4 Jun 13, 2007
perhaps you guys should hear both sides of the story before passing judgement.

Im on her side
Jan

Perth, Australia

#5 Jul 11, 2007
Only they know how dis/functionable their relationship was but I'm shocked and disappointed to hear this news.It was the wrong thing assaulting her of course,but a shock like that would undoubtedly cause irrational behaviour in a person.I feel that an incident like that would border on tempory insanity!I sure can't tell you how I would react in a similar situation!!!
Jan

Perth, Australia

#6 Jul 11, 2007
By the way I am from Kaitaia not Oz
Dargavillian

Auckland, New Zealand

#7 Jul 14, 2007
Mmmm....i don't think many people would walk away thinking" oh well thats ok" after seeing that behaviour in my home.The woman shouldn't of hopped in the bed in the first place,especially if she knew(as she says on 20/20) her ex had a temper.He seems alot happier with his new girlfriend.You rock Lion Man
filly

Auckland, New Zealand

#8 Jul 24, 2007
" i love the tv series,new zealand should let the series be shown,the lion man is not a bad guy. "

You realise they have released footage of him kicking and hitting the lions for fun ay? Theres tons of clips of him hitting a lion and laughing about it. They never aired them before because it was a kids show.

He is the complete opposite of a good guy
Jan Morup

Denmark

#9 Aug 3, 2007
I don't think he actually hit any lions. If you have the structure of a 200-500 lbs predator, what may be conceived as a hit to a person, is probably padding to you. Clyde Beatty, the famous lion tamer, once said 'no one who wants to live long, ever pokes a big cat'. If he had abused his lions, he would most likely receive ample amounts of justice from the cats sooner, or later.
jean

Riddle, OR

#10 Sep 14, 2007
I have heard it all when some one will stand up for a person that has the imputance to expose herself to any other man than her partner. What a horrible thing to do. What were they thinking, she would have probably ended up shot in the US not slapped. And as far as not knowing what the other side is or was , What ever the situation you dont pretend to love someone and then crawl in bed naked with another couple.
Good for you Craig. I only wish you didnt have to pay her any money and it could have went to where it is needed the park.
George A Flaxamn

London, UK

#11 Sep 25, 2007
I have reservations about Craig's actions whatever the provocations; but the important thing is the Cats. If he has Anger issues, then he should seek either professional help, or listen to his friends. I think that both he and Karen are basically descent, and loving of the cats. It's been a sad episode, that I hope both can move beyond.
Patrick

Sydney, Australia

#12 Oct 12, 2007
The Lionman is most likely mentally ill. He has ripped countless people off, and should be in jail. His abilities with his animals are poor as well and he does not deserve any support.
charliescouse

Liverpool, UK

#13 Nov 6, 2007
i think the three of them got off lightly,i,d of lashed them for messing my bed up.well done craig, dont let any one mess with the pride.
Rich

Callington, UK

#14 Nov 12, 2007
I assume that the only people condemning his actions are Swingers & radicle Feminists & I assume that Patrick from Australia is a respected Lion Tamer.
Grant

Christchurch, New Zealand

#15 Nov 12, 2007
The lion man is o.k to me,he looks pretty well at home with the lions, Most of those lions would be dead if he wasn't there helping out.
About his wife she should have to pay him,For the trust they once had ,That she broke! By sleeping around,And she got hurt & snaped Ana!

Don't mess with the Lion-man He's the king of the jungles right hand mon!
Aaron

Perth, UK

#16 Nov 17, 2007
As a keen conservationist myself i think that Craig Busch's work speaks for itself to show what kind of a person he is, i do not think that it is right for us to pass our judgement on his actions as it is safe to say that we have all lost our tempers at some stage, and from the series i percieved that Craig Busch and his wife had a close and loving relationship and to find that relationship shattered would have been devastating and ithink that Craig Busch's actions while not justifed are understandable. though as a 15 year old perhaps my view is immature.
Aaron

Perth, UK

#17 Nov 17, 2007
This is very important I am not English I am Irish!
Tuxz

#18 Nov 17, 2007
Aaron wrote:
As a keen conservationist myself i think that Craig Busch's work speaks for itself to show what kind of a person he is, i do not think that it is right for us to pass our judgement on his actions as it is safe to say that we have all lost our tempers at some stage, and from the series i percieved that Craig Busch and his wife had a close and loving relationship and to find that relationship shattered would have been devastating and ithink that Craig Busch's actions while not justifed are understandable. though as a 15 year old perhaps my view is immature.
15yrs old, Well when you get someone that u love and care for, Sleep with your matex2 ,You think you would be mature enough to say the same thing? In time you will see!
Conan

#19 Nov 17, 2007
Aaron wrote:
Irish! not English
Is that meant to make me think twice? I,m a Maori!
And let me tell you that the Irish came of the Maori people, Did you know that!
michelle

Hemel Hempstead, UK

#20 Nov 22, 2007
whats wrong with being English? i am and i am very proud of it ! at the end of the day it doesn't matter where you are from! Its what you believe in!That s what matters.
Aaron wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Whangarei, New Zealand Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Teenager dies after New Zealand rugby match Jul '14 Sand Man 32
168kmh wind recorded as storm hits north Jul '14 Tarris 2
Where is the Scow Kohi (Jan '12) May '14 John Ward 20
Cancer patient to regrow lost breast Mar '14 SANDY SMIITH 1
Man saved pictures of pre-teens (Nov '13) Mar '14 kiwis are pedophiles 3
Home detention for sex with teen (Feb '14) Mar '14 hey hey hey girl 3
Dr Shane Reti picked as National's candidate fo... Mar '14 Russ and Sally 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••