Teen Gets Life For Brit Backpacker Mu...

Teen Gets Life For Brit Backpacker Murder

There are 10 comments on the Sky News story from Mar 25, 2009, titled Teen Gets Life For Brit Backpacker Murder. In it, Sky News reports that:

The teenager who murdered British tourist Karen Aim in New Zealand has been sentenced to life imprisonment.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sky News.

Since: Nov 08

Auckland

#1 Mar 25, 2009
Some life sentence - he could be out by the time he's 28....and probably put Bailey Junior to shame with his behaviour out on parole!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#2 Mar 25, 2009
Gutsfull wrote:
Some life sentence - he could be out by the time he's 28....and probably put Bailey Junior to shame with his behaviour out on parole!
He is in for life mate. A very very long time. Life is 12.5 years.
What a fooking joke. Guess in NZ you can get away with murder

Auckland

#3 Mar 26, 2009
Talkback radio buzzing with this story. Just hope the judiciary and the government are listening...the opinion seems heavily bent toward the sentence being too soft.

Jolly - what the hell is that in your post?
Beatlesinthebog

Christchurch, New Zealand

#4 Mar 26, 2009
Gutsfull wrote:
Talkback radio buzzing with this story. Just hope the judiciary and the government are listening...the opinion seems heavily bent toward the sentence being too soft.
Jolly - what the hell is that in your post?
Looks a bit like strawberry jam from here!

Auckland

#5 Mar 26, 2009
Sorry Jolly - there's some weird Yellow Pages hyperlinks that are coming up on some posts, but it's gone from your post now. Earlier, the words "get away" were hyperlinked to some rollover car sales pitch for Yellow Pages. One on DCSNZs post earlier too. Some strange viral marketing thing going on....stay vigilant!

Location hidden

#6 Mar 26, 2009
Gutsfull wrote:
Sorry Jolly - there's some weird Yellow Pages hyperlinks that are coming up on some posts, but it's gone from your post now. Earlier, the words "get away" were hyperlinked to some rollover car sales pitch for Yellow Pages. One on DCSNZs post earlier too. Some strange viral marketing thing going on....stay vigilant!
I hope I did not catch something from Akiwi or those sick yanks when I replied to them. Eeewww, cyber space viruses are hard to get rid of
Beatlesinthebog

New Zealand

#7 Mar 26, 2009
Jollyjumper wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope I did not catch something from Akiwi or those sick yanks when I replied to them. Eeewww, cyber space viruses are hard to get rid of
Strawberry jam is worse!
joe

Perth, Australia

#8 Apr 17, 2009
that is a joke hahaha they should put him in Paremoremo prison I hope they are not sending him to Rangipo??? As for the Uncle he should be doing time as well or is he??
Beatlesinthebog

New Zealand

#9 Apr 17, 2009
Jollyjumper wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that your sprint car Jolly?

Location hidden

#10 Apr 17, 2009
Beatlesinthebog wrote:
<quoted text>Is that your sprint car Jolly?
Nope, but I never miss the racing at Palmie or Wellies. I love it.
Now where is that medic from 16 Air, bet he is gonna acuse me of lying about this as well

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waikato, New Zealand Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
This House believes that the United Nations has... May '15 Azeez 1
creating a business plan Apr '15 Tan 1
pricing strategies Apr '15 Tan 1
News Bronze statue honours war artist Apr '15 Peter 2
Carousell Apr '15 Tan 1
News Wesley College hostel slammed by report (Oct '08) Mar '15 tongangodz 38
News Secrets from 373-year-old image Feb '15 Wigger Bullshine 1
More from around the web