Paeroa man fights Coca-Cola for World Famous in New Zealand tag

Dec 16, 2009 Read more: Tvnz.co.nz

A Paeroa man is trying to stop drinks giant Coca-Cola trademarking the phrase "World Famous in New Zealand". Coca-Cola Amatil wants to trademark the slogan which promotes its L&P, or Lemon and Paeroa, soft drink, but faces opposition from Tony Coombe, who previously co-owned and ran the L&P Cafe in Paeroa, and owns a non-trading company named World ...

Read more
Colonel Bob Jones

Hastings, New Zealand

#1 Dec 17, 2009
If someone can provide contact information for Mr. Coombe, I'd like to get in touch with him. I can testify that I heard the expression "World Famous in New Zealand" in 1991. In 1992, when I came to the Far North, I heard that phrase used to describe the Mangonui Fish Shop.

“False Prophet”

Since: Jan 08

hamilton

#2 Dec 17, 2009
Colonel Bob Jones wrote:
If someone can provide contact information for Mr. Coombe, I'd like to get in touch with him. I can testify that I heard the expression "World Famous in New Zealand" in 1991. In 1992, when I came to the Far North, I heard that phrase used to describe the Mangonui Fish Shop.
Is hearing enough though

documentation will be needed agaist a giant like Coke.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Waikato, New Zealand Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bronze statue honours war artist 4 hr Peter 2
Carousell Apr 12 Tan 1
News Wesley College hostel slammed by report (Oct '08) Mar 25 tongangodz 38
News Secrets from 373-year-old image Feb '15 Wigger Bullshine 1
News Police follow tip in Mona Blades case (May '13) Dec '14 sjday 3
News Otorohanga main street 'critical' in five years Oct '14 Sand Man 4
News Self-help kiosk set up in hospital's emergency ... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Mr Palmer 3
More from around the web