Runaway millionaires sentenced

Runaway millionaires sentenced

There are 3 comments on the Waikato Times story from Aug 23, 2012, titled Runaway millionaires sentenced. In it, Waikato Times reports that:

One of the country's most notorious bank thieves, Hui 'Leo' Gao has been handed a jail term of four years and seven months at sentencing in Rotorua District Court this morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Waikato Times.

Darren

Australia

#1 Aug 24, 2012
Can someone please explain to me how has been jailed. If I were to accidently deposit money via direct debit into the wrong account, the bank will not provide me with any assistance or tell me who owns the account due to privacy, but I am left to recover the money myself. How am I suppose to recover the money when all I have is an account number. However the bank deposits the wrong amount and sets the police on them. It's the bank's mistake.

“KFC has got nuffink on me”

Since: Aug 12

Apia, Samoa or w/e the KFC is

#2 Aug 24, 2012
Spending money of which you know is not your's is a criminal offence. Regardless of who's mistake it was, they money is NEVER your's and if you spend it, you are in the wrong.

Yes, you have to pay the bank to fix up an error if you pay money into someone else's account, but you will get your money back. The bank made this error, removed the money when it realized but it had already been withdrawn, meaning the person's who withdrew the cash were nothing but opportunistic thieves.
video

Pavel, Bulgaria

#4 Aug 24, 2012

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rotorua, New Zealand Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rotorua Music Thread (Jan '15) May '16 Musikologist 2
News Government to spend $330m on 41 new cycleways a... (Jun '15) Jul '15 article 2
News Same-sex voucher stoush: Does NZ treat gay coup... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Abrahammock Regions 7
pocbox (May '15) May '15 bretthutton 1
News Armed fugitive arrested in Kaimai raid (Apr '15) Apr '15 Mr Beastly 1
News Teen who fatally stabbed man not guilty of murder (Aug '09) Jan '15 northland sess 33
News New Zealanders invited to visit national treasure (Dec '14) Dec '14 spankyham 5
More from around the web