Glassie killer segregated from other inmates

Full story: The Press On-Line

One of the brothers found guilty of killing Rotorua toddler Nia Glassie has been separated from other inmates out of fears for his safety.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
Steph

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2008

Emotional welfare? What of Nia and her sisters emotional and physical safety? The feral bastard and his scum bag lawyer Craig Horsley should both be hung alongside and other five murders Michael Curtis, Michael Pearson, Lisa Kuka, Oriwa Kemp and William Curtis (and their defence lawyers). May they all rot in hell, or at least receive whatever karma determines.
Bart

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2008

Steph wrote:
Emotional welfare? What of Nia and her sisters emotional and physical safety? The feral bastard and his scum bag lawyer Craig Horsley should both be hung alongside and other five murders Michael Curtis, Michael Pearson, Lisa Kuka, Oriwa Kemp and William Curtis (and their defence lawyers). May they all rot in hell, or at least receive whatever karma determines.
Don't worry. They are fucked. They are going to spend every day of their prison life constantly looking over their shoulders. The only time they will be safe is when they are looked in their Cell...... alone.

I'm not sure if they have been sentenced yet? but what worries me the most is what lame prison term NZ will dish out. And even then how much of that term they will serve before being released on "good behavior".

Before I left NZ I worked in the Court system and it was a joke.

“TIGRESS,SCORPION ,PHOENIX”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2008

Separated?? For What?? Now that is plain stupid!
Dont separate him and the rest of those dogs from the rest of the prison community. Let them have him...all of them! If I were prison warden I surely would make it point to let the prisoners have a go at them at least once a week or bimonthly....with STRICT rules for participation.

They can torture,kick and beat him around until he passes out. Putting his lights out permanently and immediately is not to be condoned, and one may lose his right to participate. Take him to the infirmary let them mend him-them up and let him(them) recuperate. Once recovered, then the process can be repeated as scheduled.

That child did not deserve to die. These dogs and sticks in the mud need to know that. There is more concern for the lives of these criminals and thus they deserve protection??? Who was there to protect Nia?Who was there to see and hear her fear, her suffering at the hands of these demons??

In my book they no longer belong to the human race...they should no longer be considered members of society.

Rest in peace little Angel Nia.
frances

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

who are we to judge... make sure you know the truth before you start judgement.
This life is all about being judged by media, and race. if they where WHITE then it would've been wiped under the carpet, just like every, and WHITE child abuser, and WHITE child murderer. A Maori/Polynesian/Gangsters life is only highlighted for bad. and it will always be this way. Just shows How racist NZ is.
blah blah

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

frances wrote:
This life is all about being judged by media, and race. if they where WHITE then it would've been wiped under the carpet, just like every, and WHITE child abuser, and WHITE child murderer. A Maori/Polynesian/Gangsters life is only highlighted for bad. and it will always be this way. Just shows How racist NZ is.
Mate you are full of shit. Race does not matter when you kill a kid. It just happens the more maori kill their kids then whites do. I am not saying this to be racist it is just true. Look at the statistics on it. So stop trying to say maori are hard done by in this area.

Auckland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

frances wrote:
Like the poster above said...stop talking rubbish. Child abuse/killing by whites is NOT swept under the carpet. It just doesn't happen that often.

Speaking of how racist this country is...your comments indicate that you are about as racist as they come.

Also, speaking of 'gangsters', they are highlighted for bad because that's all they do.
anti Mormon

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

blah blah wrote:
<quoted text>
Mate you are full of shit. Race does not matter when you kill a kid. It just happens the more maori kill their kids then whites do. I am not saying this to be racist it is just true. Look at the statistics on it. So stop trying to say maori are hard done by in this area.

Nah mate "You're" full of shit! ever heard of "Stats per Capita?" Just because Maori are fewer in number than Europeans, they register higher in statistics than actual crimes per individual.
anti Mormon

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Such is the case pertaining to "Child Abuse Causing Death" in NZ. Truth be told Pakeha win hands down.

Since: Dec 09

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

Great, we have a thread full of x convicts.

Auckland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

anti Mormon wrote:
Such is the case pertaining to "Child Abuse Causing Death" in NZ. Truth be told Pakeha win hands down.
Either you're not too good at maths, or you really are deluded...

My understanding is that Maori account for more than half the child abuse cases in this country. For a people that are only 15% of the population, that makes them around 3 x more likely to abuse their kids. That's before you consider the amount of abuse that goes unreported, and apparently that number is disturbingly high amongst Maori as well.
anti Mormon

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

You're intent to mislead this conversation is pure irony. "Child abuse" is a whole different chapter, "Causing Death" is the topic at hand and by more than half, NZ Europeans lead in comparison to all Non NZ Europeans. But somehow because the Pakeha population stand's at around 70% whitefolk feel less inclined to take any responsibility since statistics rule in their favour. 15% Maori = 29% Child deaths = Clear consciences for Pakeha = Go figure.
Anti Moron

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

whites love raping children Fact. not just in nz but world wide the entire world knows it, the white people on here probably done something to there kids. look at the worst rapist in new zealand, a white man dubbed the beast of blenhiem and of course the multiple white predators aka priests
blah blah

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Anti Moron wrote:
whites love raping children Fact. not just in nz but world wide the entire world knows it, the white people on here probably done something to there kids. look at the worst rapist in new zealand, a white man dubbed the beast of blenhiem and of course the multiple white predators aka priests
Wrong again man. Parnel panther. Serial rapist...fact...murder...lucky to get away with that.
Look man keep the the white bashing it just makes you look petty, small minded and when you try to use number to back yourself up. Make you sure you are right as of yet not have not been accurate.
anti Mormon

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

Well if you can account for the actual figures at hand then speak up for the entire world to see, unless you'd rather the truth remain under false representation.
blah blah

New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

anti Mormon wrote:
Well if you can account for the actual figures at hand then speak up for the entire world to see, unless you'd rather the truth remain under false representation.
Go to google and type in statistics no child murders in new zealand and download the pdf files that are from the government. They say maori children are 6 times more likely to be abused, injured, and killed. You do this if you can read that is. I know no facts. Now go read and learn something.

Auckland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

anti Mormon wrote:
You're intent to mislead this conversation is pure irony. "Child abuse" is a whole different chapter, "Causing Death" is the topic at hand and by more than half, NZ Europeans lead in comparison to all Non NZ Europeans. But somehow because the Pakeha population stand's at around 70% whitefolk feel less inclined to take any responsibility since statistics rule in their favour. 15% Maori = 29% Child deaths = Clear consciences for Pakeha = Go figure.
You really need to get the real facts, and get them straight, before you come on here on try to deflect blame for this most hideous, subhuman act of killing kids.

I'll never clam that non-Maori don't kill their kids, but no matter which way you stack the numbers, Maori have very real issues with child abuse/child killing. In much the same way they top the charts on most every other negative indicator. That's not me being racist, or trying to ease my conscience...it's just fact (real fact, unlike the imaginings you've posted). And by denial of this, you're not doing one bit of good toward helping your people sort their issues. If we keep ignoring or denying or deflecting blame, the innocent little Maori kids will keep getting abused. And killed. It's sad you can't see this.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Rotorua, New Zealand Discussions

Search the Rotorua, New Zealand Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NZ Mana party leader upbeat on Dotcom link Apr 14 joker 2
Explore New Zealand's Thermal Wonderland - Rotorua Apr 9 Sanjay Apoopinmapants 2
New Zealand's top destinations revealed Mar '14 Muslim Mom 2
The Cubans are coming to Rotoura Feb '14 Chris Kyle 1
Taurua's husband found guilty of DoC land charges Jan '14 Confiscate their lodge 2
Man jailed for bashing French tourists Jan '14 point out the obvious 6
Man burned from fall into mud pool Jan '14 Hone Ma Heke 1
•••
•••
•••
•••