Couple withdraws money, flees after b...

Couple withdraws money, flees after bank error

There are 1 comment on the El Paso Times story from May 21, 2009, titled Couple withdraws money, flees after bank error. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Police launched an international search for two New Zealanders who allegedly took the money and ran after a bank mistakenly put 10 million New Zealand dollars into their account.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

Ana

Seminole, FL

#1 May 21, 2009
I realize what they did was wrong, but deep inside I want to say "good for them." These banks make so many major mistakes with our money and they believe themselves to be untouchable. Bank of America recently made a major mistake with a deposit I made and when I pointed it out the customer service people very nonchalantly reminded me that per the service agreement the bank had a certain amount of time to fix the error. They could have cared less how this major mistake affected me. I have heard that other banks are the same way. So, though this couple should return the money, maybe the banks should be held more accountable for their mistakes, too. www.dimequecrees.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rotorua, New Zealand Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rotorua Music Thread (Jan '15) May 10 Musikologist 2
News Government to spend $330m on 41 new cycleways a... (Jun '15) Jul '15 article 2
News Same-sex voucher stoush: Does NZ treat gay coup... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Abrahammock Regions 7
pocbox (May '15) May '15 bretthutton 1
News Armed fugitive arrested in Kaimai raid (Apr '15) Apr '15 Mr Beastly 1
News Teen who fatally stabbed man not guilty of murder (Aug '09) Jan '15 northland sess 33
News New Zealanders invited to visit national treasure (Dec '14) Dec '14 spankyham 5
More from around the web