Who was Jan Molenaar?

Who was Jan Molenaar?

There are 23 comments on the The Otago Daily Times story from May 14, 2009, titled Who was Jan Molenaar?. In it, The Otago Daily Times reports that:

Napier gunman Jan Molenaar was a loner with a persecution complex who was prone to bursts of extreme temper.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Otago Daily Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Nov 08

Auckland

#1 May 14, 2009
WHO CARES?

We've had enough of this incident and it's time we moved on, I reckon.

You'd almost think there was nothing else worthy for our news...
English and Proud

Austin, TX

#2 May 15, 2009
You do live in NZ, it could be worse.....try watching some news about Jade Goody everyday for 2 months, at least your pain only lasts a few days!

Since: Nov 08

Auckland

#3 May 15, 2009
English and Proud wrote:
You do live in NZ, it could be worse.....try watching some news about Jade Goody everyday for 2 months, at least your pain only lasts a few days!
How true! Plus the fact she was a manufactured celebrity...you have my deepest sympathy!
Arthal

Leeds, UK

#4 May 15, 2009
oh

“False Prophet”

Since: Jan 08

hamilton

#5 May 15, 2009
He was a druggie and druggies are the worst unbalanced people you can get.

Esp cause they in denial.

never ever trust a druggie to be reaonable

They are addicted and will eventually turn on their mother like a rabid dog if taken far enough
Doctor

Hamilton, New Zealand

#7 Jul 23, 2009
English and Proud wrote:
Parky was spot on: the media scrum around Goody highlights all that is paltry & wretched about England these days....cheap chav skank.

Seems Molenaar was just a good old boy who lost it when the old bill turned up. He would gone down for all the pot/weapons/explosives he had. Would have been a hefty lag.
ravaged

Auckland, New Zealand

#8 Nov 11, 2009
In 1994 A.D. I was charged by Napier Police for robbing The Brayebrooke sisters and putting them in Hastings hospital.-sic. The real offender was a male Maori.-sic. Ah am WHITE. I was found not Guilty At trial Ten Months latter. so far NO Appolgy Or NO Compensation from POLICE.Ahh Had Too turn too Da GOD-HEAD for Rectification .Maybe Napier Police are -HEXED. May Sanity Prevail in An Disturbed Mixed UP World.-Hare-Krsna.

“False Prophet”

hamilton

#9 Nov 11, 2009
All I want to know is why this fixation on what's her name who was married to Rod Strwart.

Stupid bitch turned down Robbie Williams.

Now she'as forty, fat and lost her looks and LONELY.

Why is the NZ media so fixated on this average Kiwi?????

I mean, I can't even remember her name.
Kate

Christchurch, New Zealand

#10 Nov 13, 2009
hinamanu wrote:
All I want to know is why this fixation on what's her name who was married to Rod Strwart.
Stupid bitch turned down Robbie Williams.
Now she'as forty, fat and lost her looks and LONELY.
Why is the NZ media so fixated on this average Kiwi?????
I mean, I can't even remember her name.
Old Rachel Hunter yeah you can buy her clothing label from the wharehouse what a cheap skank eh.
Kate

Christchurch, New Zealand

#11 Nov 13, 2009
And as far as Jan goes there are places out there you can get help before things get out of hand. There is no excuses for that bullshit and he knew it thats why he turned the gun on himself. What a nutter eh

“False Prophet”

hamilton

#12 Nov 13, 2009
Kate wrote:
And as far as Jan goes there are places out there you can get help before things get out of hand. There is no excuses for that bullshit and he knew it thats why he turned the gun on himself. What a nutter eh
He just didn't want to grow old

Completely fixated on himself and didn't think about his partner and kids

He would've been thinking about this for a few years now to go that far.
beatlesinthebog

New Zealand

#13 Nov 13, 2009
hinamanu wrote:
<quoted text>
He just didn't want to grow old
Completely fixated on himself and didn't think about his partner and kids
He would've been thinking about this for a few years now to go that far.
Who does? Want a shit bag on yer side?
Fixated..maybe
Nah! Most people like this just fuckup one day and blow it over something small.

“False Prophet”

hamilton

#14 Nov 13, 2009
beatlesinthebog wrote:
<quoted text>Who does? Want a shit bag on yer side?
Fixated..maybe
Nah! Most people like this just fuckup one day and blow it over something small.
well, when I read about Tim Bickerstaff dying alone in his home,

that was a wake up call.

Very sad way to go for some one so well known and popular.

Check your priorities, count your blessings, then try for more.

Just be ambitious without being a bitch about it.
beatlesinthebog

New Zealand

#15 Nov 13, 2009
hinamanu wrote:
<quoted text>
well, when I read about Tim Bickerstaff dying alone in his home,
that was a wake up call.
Very sad way to go for some one so well known and popular.
Check your priorities, count your blessings, then try for more.
Just be ambitious without being a bitch about it.
Count your blessings is right..........hahahaha!
Most people,no matter who they are,have to go without public fanfare!

“False Prophet”

hamilton

#16 Nov 14, 2009
beatlesinthebog wrote:
<quoted text>Count your blessings is right..........hahahaha!
Most people,no matter who they are,have to go without public fanfare!
Well,

my word of the week is unimpeded.

anonymity can be a gift when you're moving ahead with no opposition.
Dezzy

Auckland, New Zealand

#17 Nov 21, 2009
ravaged wrote:
In 1994 A.D. I was charged by Napier Police for robbing The Brayebrooke sisters and putting them in Hastings hospital.-sic. The real offender was a male Maori.-sic. Ah am WHITE. I was found not Guilty At trial Ten Months latter. so far NO Appolgy Or NO Compensation from POLICE.Ahh Had Too turn too Da GOD-HEAD for Rectification .Maybe Napier Police are -HEXED. May Sanity Prevail in An Disturbed Mixed UP World.-Hare-Krsna.
Let this be a warning to the cops, don't think for one minute, when you put on that uniform you all of a sudden become powerful and indistructable. The biggest problem with the pigs is that they have this arrogant, self important and we are better that you attitude, I wonder what was going through their minds when they were getting shot up,(f........k I thought we were untouchable), hahahahahaha it's only going to get worse

“LEX TALIONIS”

Since: Jul 09

Tauranga, New Zealand

#18 Nov 21, 2009
Dezzy wrote:
<quoted text>
Let this be a warning to the cops, don't think for one minute, when you put on that uniform you all of a sudden become powerful and indistructable. The biggest problem with the pigs is that they have this arrogant, self important and we are better that you attitude, I wonder what was going through their minds when they were getting shot up,(f........k I thought we were untouchable), hahahahahaha it's only going to get worse
Be careful what you wish for pal. The New Zealand force at present is castrated by political correctness. It can only go on for so long.
Molenaar would not have lasted an hour in the states. Sooner or later, when people kick PC to the curb, then we will see a strong police force with a backbone. When that day comes, my money will be on the boys in blue.
HELLS ANGELS exHASTINGS

Auckland, New Zealand

#19 May 28, 2010
my mate JAN was a good man, he did no wrong and was only a threat to the mongrel mob as they allways had to hassle him out and about for wanting him in there gang, he turned them down and bet the krap out of the askers, so from there on out he was allways ready to rumble- INCLUDING HE AND PAUL CHEEK {PALMY} SET FIRE TO THE NAPIER NIVEN ST M.M.M PAD LOL! cops knew he was armed and new the rumors its the cops fault for how it ended.
R.I.P jan
james morison

Renwick, New Zealand

#20 Jun 10, 2011
i dont know how else to reach his mum, now....perhaps the pain has eased just a little. this letter is 4 you. i knew your son in school i was a skinny white kid he was this huge fearful god that 4 reasons unbeknown protected me from the 1nz which made my life hell. i have and will not ever forget his mana and the protective mantle he laid, quietly thoughtful only every now andagain answering my questions. i will always be grateful Jan existed thanks 4 having him.
paul cheek

New Zealand

#21 May 12, 2012
[he was a man of honour,he didnt take drugs.as for all you clowns talking shit,you didnt know him or anything about him so you cant say anything.i knew him my whole life and he was the kind of guy that would do anything for you...the cops knew exactly what they were walking into,they have known him for years.him and my father tore shit up back in the day..yeehaa!R.I.P Jan Miense Molenaar,he died a king defending his castle

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hawke's Bay, New Zealand Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man charged over shooting of Hell's Angels gang... (Mar '07) May 19 ftp auks 4,167
News Forest & Bird wins Ruataniwha appeal Jan '15 yep 6
News TimberNook New Zealand to Launch Children's Out... Dec '14 jeffry 1
News New Zealand reader finds 1944 story of his war ... Dec '14 idi amin livinabin 2
News NZ@Noon: Destructive spree and gifts of 'weed' Dec '14 jeffry 1
News Missing man's body found at sea (Nov '14) Nov '14 Nick 9
News Sex charges 'bad luck' (Nov '14) Nov '14 bangers12 1
More from around the web