Wairoa council looks at homes buy up

There are 2 comments on the Hawkes Bay Today story from Jan 10, 2012, titled Wairoa council looks at homes buy up. In it, Hawkes Bay Today reports that:

TROUBLE AT MILL: North Clyde resident Julianna Dawson, with her son David, want this open area to a mill opposite her home on Crarer St fenced off to help make the industrial section of the community safer for families.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hawkes Bay Today.

Local support

Wairoa, New Zealand

#1 Jan 11, 2012
Great work Juilliana. you are standing up for a township that obviously has not had the right leadership or otherwise we would not be in the headlines about this.

As printed:
The council's chief executive Peter Freeman said buying homes in North Clyde, as they came up for sale, was one option. "I can't say we have any policy to do that, but it's not beyond the realms of possibility.We would need to have a discussion around that and it is something that could go into our long-term plan which is up for review this year and then work it into our district plan."

Obviously hes not from wairoa because if he was then this crap wouldn't be going on. Just as well a review is near, time for a new change in Council representation. This is a wider call to the people of wairoa to start thinking about having wairoa people make future decisions for wairoa not these wanna bees stinging the life out of our town and people to fund their comfortable lifestyles and fringe benefits of whenua.

good on you Juilliana for having the heart and the courage to fight these greedy monsters (who only hire around 20 people, is that all for all the crap and destruction that they have created. i wonda how many are locals, good on you for standing up to the council who havent cared at all. keep standing up for your beliefs.
Julianna dawson

Gisborne, New Zealand

#2 Jan 15, 2012
Thankyou for the support and YES this is wider call for the rest of our WAIROA/ NORTH CLYDE community to put forward a say...... Greed is the name of the game in Wairoa at the current time and only the people can change this. Mr Freeman, Mr Probert (mayor) are not local and do not care about locals and yet they are the elected to protect our affairs?- NO MORE! I'm Standing up and fighting back....Kia Ora :)
P.S 20 workers....more like 10.....5 local, 5 not. Dont Sack the worker....relocate the Bizo.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hawke's Bay, New Zealand Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man charged over shooting of Hell's Angels gang... (Mar '07) May 19 ftp auks 4,167
News Forest & Bird wins Ruataniwha appeal Jan '15 yep 6
News TimberNook New Zealand to Launch Children's Out... Dec '14 jeffry 1
News New Zealand reader finds 1944 story of his war ... Dec '14 idi amin livinabin 2
News NZ@Noon: Destructive spree and gifts of 'weed' Dec '14 jeffry 1
News Missing man's body found at sea (Nov '14) Nov '14 Nick 9
News Sex charges 'bad luck' (Nov '14) Nov '14 bangers12 1
More from around the web