Since: Jan 13

Auckland, New Zealand

#1 Jan 29, 2013
Today, my friend just told me that he found a job at a Chinese restaurant in a flat. He saw it on an advertising poster, written in Chinese, which he found in the apartment's lobby.

Anyway, this was my response to him:

"That's unfair. If it is written in Chinese, then nobody would understand it. Therefore, this job is exclusive only to Chinese readers. I thought this was against the employment law of New Zealand?"

Any thoughts? Comments? Speculations?

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#2 Jan 30, 2013
I know what you mean. I see them everywhere and its not really fair. However i can tell you now. With those kind of asian business' I would not want to work for them in the first place.

I have been told that they advertise only in chinese to attract desperate chinese newcomers and they pay them well below minimum wage and work in very corrupt ways.

As for the laws im sure you could research them online on a govenment website.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Auckland, New Zealand Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Zealand Woman Blames Passing Plane For 'Clu... 17 hr Curry Taxidriver gfc 6
Melbourne world's most liveable city, Damascus ... (Aug '13) Sep 28 interested 52
Aucklanders' alcohol-related harms worse than r... Sep 19 bloody mary 27
New Zealand: Gay Activists Angry As Straight Me... Sep 19 kenny thomas 17
Snap chat Sep 19 Marcusmurphy 1
Clarapagex Sep 15 Chichichillout 1
Whats the best university in New Zealand? (Oct '08) Sep 11 Adel 58

Auckland, New Zealand People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE