Where to see a psychic on Long Island

Where to see a psychic on Long Island

There are 105 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 25, 2009, titled Where to see a psychic on Long Island. In it, Newsday reports that:

In uncertain times, we're all looking for answers. Some turn to a financial adviser, some to clergy and others to clairvoyants.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Jamison

United States

#1 Jan 25, 2009
These people are all rip-offs. give me a break. Stop drinking the kool-aid and snap out of it.
Helllloooooo

Bronx, NY

#2 Jan 25, 2009
Call this section "Exploit Long Island".
Whodeenee

Coram, NY

#4 Jan 25, 2009
It's an old joke, but I like it.

Call up a psychic and when you get the answering machine say, "Oh, you know who."
Frankie M

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Jan 26, 2009
Why would Newsday promote psychics?

That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of.

Newsday, why not promote Bernie Madoff and tell people he is a good investor?

Newsday is going the route of the defunct Weekly Word News
John

AOL

#6 Jan 26, 2009
Robert Hansen's price has gone up considerably since I met him. The best part of his 'reading' was meeting his mother in the waiting room.
Gerry Arato

Port Washington, NY

#7 Jan 26, 2009
Jackie Reilly's Pub, $45.00 three course dinner and a Physic reading wed. nights

“Lovely year for a Guinness”

Since: Dec 07

Daytona Beach

#8 Jan 26, 2009
the unemployment line ?

“It might have been !!!”

Since: Aug 07

F&P City

#9 Jan 26, 2009
Guinness Drinker wrote:
the unemployment line ?
I knew you were going to say that.

“Lovely year for a Guinness”

Since: Dec 07

Daytona Beach

#10 Jan 26, 2009
Tap San in LIC wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew you were going to say that.
do people know the fortune cookies at your local take out are free ? you even get the lottery numbers with some
liner

Hicksville, NY

#11 Jan 26, 2009
Apparently there are 678 born every minute.
Life LIer

Greenvale, NY

#12 Jan 26, 2009
Thanks for telling me who to avoid. Come on, if these people were any good, would they be doing this stuff in comedy clubs and rip-off centers? The only sure answer is that you will lose money. And there's no way that's entertainment.

“I found Nemo!!!”

Since: May 07

Location hidden

#13 Jan 26, 2009
I saw a taping of Crossing Over with John Edward years ago and actually got a reading. All it cost me was train fare, and it was entertaining and a bit creepy. But my thought has always been that if my dead relatives want to talk to me, I sleep almost every night, they can come to me in my dreams for free. I am a little annoyed that none of them have come to me with the winning lotto numbers, so why would I pay four figures to try and talk to them? I'll catch up with them when I get there.
janine

Queens Village, NY

#14 Jan 26, 2009
Guess Newsday is showing they are anti Christian by posting this. How about LI churches, synagogues, etc?
mr stretch

United States

#15 Jan 26, 2009
So-called "Psychics" are the exact same as reading the Horoscope...it's ALL TOTAL BULLSPIT! As proof, I offer that on 9/11 - NOT ONE HOROSCOPE, and NOT ONE PSYCHIC said "whatever you do, DON'T GO TO WORK TODAY!". You're way better off flipping a coin!
janine

Queens Village, NY

#16 Jan 26, 2009
Frankie M wrote:
Why would Newsday promote psychics?
That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of.
Newsday, why not promote Bernie Madoff and tell people he is a good investor?
Newsday is going the route of the defunct Weekly Word News

How true!

Guess it is because of the demonic clan that owns Newsday.

“Sanchez by Injection ”

Since: Dec 08

Mind Of My Own

#17 Jan 26, 2009
doloresd wrote:
I saw a taping of Crossing Over with John Edward years ago and actually got a reading. All it cost me was train fare, and it was entertaining and a bit creepy. But my thought has always been that if my dead relatives want to talk to me, I sleep almost every night, they can come to me in my dreams for free. I am a little annoyed that none of them have come to me with the winning lotto numbers, so why would I pay four figures to try and talk to them? I'll catch up with them when I get there.
ROFLMFAO.........My thoughts exactly!!!
FLAVA FLAV

Saint Peters, MO

#18 Jan 26, 2009
Why is this article not titled "How to throw money into your fireplace" because seeing a psychic is basically the same thing
New Yorker

Stony Brook, NY

#19 Jan 26, 2009
What about John Edward and Psychic George Anderson?
Stars

Wantagh, NY

#20 Jan 26, 2009
There is a lot to say about astrology. Up to the 18th Century, before science became the world's dominate mode of thinking, astrology was followed and believed in. After all, the three wisemen followed the stars, and brought gifts, according to the bible. The fact is, however, astrology before the 18th Century, only included six planets - mercury, venus, earth, mars, saturn, and jupiter. And, of course, the sun and moon. To use all of the newer planets found I believe, is unnecessary. Sad to say, however, I have yet to find a serious book on astrology that doesn't make claims about this or that. Nevertheless still looking.
Elizabeth - Farmingdale

Garden City, NY

#21 Jan 26, 2009
Oh come on! What are all of you so angry about? If you don't want to go see a psychic or don't believe in it at all, don't go. If you want to go see a psychic, then do it. I didn't care much for Wands at all, but Glenn Dove was well worth the time and money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Self driving car going up a winding mountain ro... 3 min The Lord 1
Time to go? 3 min the truth is the ... 600
Obama follows the teachings of Jesus Christ 34 min bacsoldier 9
News NYPD Daily Blotter (Jun '11) 48 min Teema 7
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 56 min Don the Dope 318,125
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 59 min _FLATLINE-------- 11,841
Bernie Sanders to loan Greece money 1 hr BS detector 2
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 1 hr Just Saying 4,879
More from around the web

New York People Search