Trio throw 'No Parking' sign through car window: police

Full story: Newsday 179
A "No Parking" sign was thrown through a window of a parked car in East Rockaway Friday by three men who were then arrested and charged with petty larceny and criminal mischief, police said. Full Story
Inquirer

Plainview, NY

#51 Apr 27, 2008
Those darn blacks!
Hey Honcho

Hicksville, NY

#52 Apr 27, 2008
Honch wrote:
<quoted text>
And I'd love to whack you across the temple with an axe handle - I guess we're even, jackazz.
I'd love to whack you across the head with the metal part of the axe, not the handle itself.
HEY U

New Rochelle, NY

#53 Apr 27, 2008
Honch wrote:
<quoted text>
And I'd love to whack you across the temple with an axe handle - I guess we're even, jackazz.
You would never, ever get the chance brave boy. BUT if you want a crack at me tuff guy be a REAL MAN and post your REAL NAME and ADDRESS right here and I'll be over TONIGHT to let you have your BIG CHANCE!

Of course you won't so shrivel up and let the wind carry you away!
hey

Keyport, NJ

#54 Apr 27, 2008
how did they get caught? it seems to me they threw the sigh and just hung around until the cops came. why didn't they run away, who would have seen them at 3am anyways??
StandardizedTest

AOL

#55 Apr 27, 2008
hey wrote:
how did they get caught? it seems to me they threw the sigh and just hung around until the cops came. why didn't they run away, who would have seen them at 3am anyways??
Judging by his MySpace http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...
they were probably too stoned to run.
All it talks about is getting high.
paul

Fairfield, CT

#56 Apr 27, 2008
They can be very thankful I am not the judge who will be handling their case. After making FULL restitution plus time lost in getting repairs, I would see to it that they got the most severe punishment the law allows.
sam kelly

Mahwah, NJ

#57 Apr 27, 2008
its times like this you wish the draft was still going on.

Since: Apr 08

AOL

#58 Apr 27, 2008
MUCHO GRANDE BENDEHOS!!!!!

Since: Sep 07

Trevor, WI

#59 Apr 27, 2008
Barbershop talk wrote:
I wish there could be a law for youths who act this way to be drafted into the armed forces. For some it would be a detterent. For others it may be a cure.
There was a time when young (not juvenile) offenders of this type were given a choice of a few years in jail or a few years in the military. The military usually won the day and the ex-offenders I've known changed dramatically after their time in the military. Ex-offenders who went to jail just kept coming back through the legal system time and time again.
4thedraft

Bulls Gap, TN

#60 Apr 27, 2008
i agree with Sam Kelly, its not just in east Rockaway this crap is going on, its everywhere. A lot of these young people today don't appreciate how good they have it. I ran with the wrong crowd in high school,(just so happened to be East Rockaway)joined the military right after high school, and as i was getting promoted and becoming a man at 18, most of my friends were running around, doing similar crap, getting arrested for stupid B.S. I do hope the judge either says join the military or make them do some time. a slap on the wrist wont do a damn thing. If anything it will give them bragging rights to get back in town and talk about how much of a badass they are that they got away with it etc. I know from experience.
JUSTICE

Bayport, NY

#61 Apr 27, 2008
Nice job losers!!
Info

Fairview, NJ

#62 Apr 28, 2008
Clark Griswald wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you not have the ability to comprehend the written word? All three suspects in this case are ADULTS (they have all reached their 18th birthday). Therefore, the option of placing them in a "group home" is not an option. Who sugestted that option in the first place?
All three of the subjects are charged with criminal mischief, with one having an additional charge of possesion of a controlled substance for personal use.
If this is their first offense as adults, the current punishment (if found guilty in a court of law) would most likely be a monitary fine. This does not include the potential of a plea deal for a lesser charge & lower penalty agreed to between the State and the defendants prior to a trial and conviction.
While I agree with you that the armed services do install respectable principles such as (an not limited to) duty, honor, loyalty, dedication and respect...forcing them into the service for such an offense is not a viable option for the reasons I've detailed earlier.
As an alternative option that you requested, If found guilty, I'd suggest that the court render punishment as it normally would with the caveat that the fine (hopefully substancial) not be paid by Mom & Dad (which normally would be the case if the fine was substancial enough). Rather, the subjects must be responsible for payment and if payment can not be paid, then a work-to-pay arrangement can be made such as walking along East Rockaway Road/Atlantic Avenue/Main Street with a trash can, broom and dust pan to pick up liter along the village streets to pick up liter. There is a lot to be said for public humiliation, especially when their peers see them in thier own home town serving out their punishment. It would also serve as the detterent that you were looking for as they will be serving out their punishment on the streets where they are known to others.
The fine would be in addition to the restitution for the indemnification of the property that they destroyed.
You would agree that would be a more viable option.
Posts 49 and 50 make my point and make my day. They were through it and are thankful that they were.
Info

Fairview, NJ

#63 Apr 28, 2008
Info wrote:
<quoted text>Posts 49 and 50 make my point and make my day. They were through it and are thankful that they were.
My other post name is Barbershop Talk.
Sunny Day

United States

#64 Apr 28, 2008
StandardizedTest wrote:
His parents must be so proud!!
Where the heck are they???
Fotoguy

Syosset, NY

#65 Apr 29, 2008
Smash the sign over their heads, let them pay for the car window, then off to the slammer for a good 5-10 years
melanie

AOL

#67 Apr 29, 2008
Thanks for the my space address. I guess that pretty much sums everything up. What's scary to me is that 3 dopes thought this was a good idea. Kind of punkish though why not wait around and tell the car owner face to face what you think?? Yeah I guess yas could've made an even bigger mess out of things. Smarten up guys and girls.
Falla

Dobbs Ferry, NY

#69 Apr 29, 2008
This is news?
Jim

Cranford, NJ

#70 Apr 29, 2008
Judging by the fact that they were walking and not driving, perhaps they have been victims of this "No Parking" sign one too many times and were just taking out their revenge on the sign.
Danielle Medina

North Bergen, NJ

#71 Apr 29, 2008
I personally feel that this was a complete set up. There was no proof that the three men committed these crimes. They just happened to be walking to a friends house, but East Rockaway Police have nothing better to do then to blame innocent people. As an past East Rockaway resident I know that there is very little crime in the town, most acts of criminal mischeif are done by much younger kids from the high school, not college students home for the weekend. I think that the police should have taken a closer look into the investigation.
ICECREAM MAN

Baldwin, NY

#78 Apr 29, 2008
Ghetto is right - who the hell lives in East Rockaway besides white trash.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Giants talk back (Dec '06) 8 min reddevil76 3,238
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 13 min Pat-Med 88 11,550
jets talk back (Dec '07) 52 min Paul Yanks 9,673
What's wrong with Tman, good ole Momma Chamberlin 1 hr Paul Yanks 190
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 1 hr NYStateOfMind 310,317
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 1 hr Bloody Bill Anderson 16,197
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Who 48,351

New York News Video

New York Dating
Find my Match