New York Mayor Bloomberg endorses Obama

New York Mayor Bloomberg endorses Obama

There are 81 comments on the SanLuisObispo.com story from Nov 1, 2012, titled New York Mayor Bloomberg endorses Obama. In it, SanLuisObispo.com reports that:

The endorsement from the politically independent and popular third-term mayor was a major boost for Obama, who is spending the campaign's final days trying to win over independent voters whose voices will be critical in determining who wins Tuesday's election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SanLuisObispo.com.

Cat74

United States

#24 Nov 4, 2012
Carter was supposed to beat Reagan, Mondale was supposed to beat Bush, people lie to pollsters. This electin won't be close. Can you say Congrats, President Romney?
conservative crapola

Bethlehem, PA

#26 Nov 4, 2012
"John Kerry Mocks Mitt Romney On Twitter With Picture Of Robot"

hahahahahahaha....the robot is more lifelike than the mo(r)on.
Dee Dee Dee

Coopersburg, PA

#27 Nov 4, 2012
Bloomberg was ready to allow poor New Yorkers to freeze and go hungry so the Marathon could go on. Typical liberal elitist attitude. Pretend to care about the working class but donít let their little disaster get in the way of your buddies making money from a public subsidized event. I hope the good people of New York remember that on Tuesday.
Midwestern Hillbilly

Saint Elmo, IL

#28 Nov 4, 2012
Bloomie struck me as a control freak not living in the real world over his soda pop edict. What, pray tell, business of HIS is it really?

Since the economy fell into the cesspool some years back, peeps in our area, with lousy unemployment rates, and factories closing up like day lilies at night, buying the Big Gulp type drink was a matter of thrift.

They usually sold "in bulk" cheaper. Someone would buy a Big Gulp, no ice BTW, take to work and several people would poor the cold/cheap drink into smaller huggie-type containers, filled with ice from home. Damned sight cheaper than dropping quarter after quarter into a soda machine for a 12 oz. can and several people could quench work-thirst from one Big Gulp.

Bloomie would not do well in our region...heh, heh, HEH.

For a moment I thought he had his head up in the clouds with a from an Ivory Tower View in planning to go ahead with the Marathon. Then I decided naw, he had his head solidly placed "where the sun doesn't shine".

Hope y'all vote him OUT. His attitudes and view are UNcommonly AGAINST "the common man" IMO.
carpetbaggers

Pottstown, PA

#29 Nov 4, 2012
Midwestern Hillbilly wrote:
Heh, heh, HEH!
I was APPALLED when Mayor Bloomberg decided to hold the Marathon, and considred silly-assed "solidarity" op as justifiable for skanking heavy duty generators, tents, grub and other goodies away from suffering people in need, to hie them on over for the footrace.
Then...I had this wicked ol' thought made me laugh out loud. Yep, a RACE, all right. But of a very different kind. And move the location to where people are milling around cheek to jowl awaiting some assistance which seems not to be forthcoming.
Give Mayor Bloomberg a couple of paces head start, THEN unlease the hungry, cold, wretchedly miserable newly middle-class homeless with small buckets of tars and bag of feathers.
Snicker. Giggle. Then Bloomie came to his senses - no doubt pollsters were convinced it was a baaaaaad idea, and it was cancelled.
Bozo Bloomberg doesn't get it. The race officials seemed just as ignorant, especially that women.

I don't care how much money the marathon brings in during normal weather. Because of the all the damage in and around New York only a few would be available to spend that money in the city to get taxed let alone make it to the city. Nor would alot of these businesses be able to open or even get supplied or resupplied because of the gas problems. And yes the generators, police and supplies used for the race are an insult to those still in immediate need.

To top it off they would've shut down a bridge going to Staten Island for one day while they are still under extreme emergency conditions. This is the biggie. It's shows Bloomie's ignorance. He made the call to conduct the race before he even knew the extent of damage in the city let alone Staten Island.

What a bozo. Ironically those calories are needed from those biggie size sodas for basic survival now.
Midwestern Hillbilly

Saint Elmo, IL

#30 Nov 4, 2012
carpetbaggers wrote:
<quoted text>
Bozo Bloomberg doesn't get it. The race officials seemed just as ignorant, especially that women.

I don't care how much money the marathon brings in during normal weather. Because of the all the damage in and around New York only a few would be available to spend that money in the city to get taxed let alone make it to the city.

Nor would alot of these businesses be able to open or even get supplied or resupplied because of the gas problems. And yes the generators, police and supplies used for the race are an insult to those still in immediate need.

To top it off they would've shut down a bridge going to Staten Island for one day while they are still under extreme emergency conditions. This is the biggie. It's shows Bloomie's ignorance. He made the call to conduct the race before he even knew the extent of damage in the city let alone Staten Island.

What a bozo. Ironically those calories are needed from those biggie size sodas for basic survival now.
Yeah, Carpetbagger, the "elite" running the city are out of touch. Stupidity attacks are clearly as catchy as a common cold amongst them.

The Marathon might've been reminding people of the Olympics in Great Britain in attendance numbers...har-dee-har...

Resupplying businesses would've been infuriatingly laughable, and shifting goods a major F-U to the have-nots while bequeathing precious resources on the comfy haves. Not nice. A'tall.

By all means, give the miserable folks on Staten Island a stick-in-the-eye by closing a bridge. Brilliant idea. NOT!!

Big Gulp needed for calories (if any C-Stores were open.) Yes, indeed. BUT not only for that, but for required hydration. People can get as seriously dehydrated in chilly/cold weather as in blistering heat.

Back when Bloomie was flapping his gums about Big Gulps and Obesity, I, personally, felt he wasn't sincerely concerned with overweight folks. Nope! My view was he wanted to FATTEN UP tax coffers. Buying a Big Gulp that a family could pass around inside a car and slake everyone's thirst, or share with compadres at work, bears on shot at paying sales tax on that size, which is often comparable with the sales taxes levied on smaller oz drinks. Therefore, make the Big Gulp and the one-time tax payment disappear, and you have people forced to return and buy smaller sizes and be taxed time after time for the same total fluid.

Usually those who'd put other folks into the straits of what some call The Nanny State, where we're all treated like naive and mentally addled children, have a diabolical tax levying scheme at the foundation.

Frankly, I hate to even think of the added tax structure they're going to conceive to dig deeper into empty pockets in the aftermath of the destruction.

Re ALL politicians - sometimes what they say isn't what they are actually saying. Bait and switch language/lexicon. Accomplished liars, ALL!!
Pamela

Citrus Heights, CA

#31 Nov 4, 2012
Bloomberg was a moderate Republican. He has more common sense than most politicians. He's a moderate Repub like I am, a fiscal conservative and social liberal who knows global warming is real.

Those idiots who ONLY repeat Fox TV are all either first time voters or former Democratic voters who think a Republican is a far right loon like Fox tells them it is. In reality, the Republican party used to be mainly moderates like myself who were fiscal conservatives and social liberals. This idiotic tea party is former Democrats who are just mad that Obama took money out of their government socialized Medicare so they suddenly flipped to the Republican party to try and get the Repubs to give them their government Medicare. They are Dems trying to get the Dems social programs for themselves who have no clue what real Republicans are. I am a 36 year Republican voter and now I have idiot Fox drones calling me a liberal if I get it that global warming is real because the ONLY model they have of a Republican is the crap coming from Fox. It's not like they will ever read one book, so they don't know any of the real problems this country has. They have no clue that Hannity and Limbaugh are considered far right extreme loons. They think that stuff is normal and representative of the Republican party. It's not. Romney was an east coast moderate Republican who did the individual mandate in MA. He was for abortion, for gay marriage, he was a fiscal conservative and a social liberal.

Just because a person can see global warming is real doesn't mean they are a liberal. It's really too bad that we have this idiot population that only gets its information from far right loons on Fox. They are all mixed up and have no clue what they are doing. Bloomberg is center right, and you can bet you asses that both Bloomberg and Chris Christie get it now that global warming is real. The climate scientists predicted that the ocean levels would rise from the ice melting and that the subways would be flooded, and now they are flooded.
carpetbaggers

Pottstown, PA

#32 Nov 4, 2012
<quoted text>
Yeah, Carpetbagger, the "elite" running the city are out of touch. Stupidity attacks are clearly as catchy as a common cold amongst them.
The Marathon might've been reminding people of the Olympics in Great Britain in attendance numbers...har-dee-har...
Resupplying businesses would've been infuriatingly laughable, and shifting goods a major F-U to the have-nots while bequeathing precious resources on the comfy haves. Not nice. A'tall.
By all means, give the miserable folks on Staten Island a stick-in-the-eye by closing a bridge. Brilliant idea. NOT!!
Big Gulp needed for calories (if any C-Stores were open.) Yes, indeed. BUT not only for that, but for required hydration. People can get as seriously dehydrated in chilly/cold weather as in blistering heat.
Back when Bloomie was flapping his gums about Big Gulps and Obesity, I, personally, felt he wasn't sincerely concerned with overweight folks. Nope! My view was he wanted to FATTEN UP tax coffers. Buying a Big Gulp that a family could pass around inside a car and slake everyone's thirst, or share with compadres at work, bears on shot at paying sales tax on that size, which is often comparable with the sales taxes levied on smaller oz drinks. Therefore, make the Big Gulp and the one-time tax payment disappear, and you have people forced to return and buy smaller sizes and be taxed time after time for the same total fluid.
Usually those who'd put other folks into the straits of what some call The Nanny State, where we're all treated like naive and mentally addled children, have a diabolical tax levying scheme at the foundation.
Frankly, I hate to even think of the added tax structure they're going to conceive to dig deeper into empty pockets in the aftermath of the destruction.
Re ALL politicians - sometimes what they say isn't what they are actually saying. Bait and switch language/lexicon. Accomplished liars, ALL!!
You pointed something that most have missed and that is hydration is as crucial in cold weather as in warm. Most people get fooled by cold weather for lack of sweat. Many do the opposite and over dress in certain conditions wind up sweating. Plus the cold can pull as much moisture out of the body as heat. Then when the body gets dehydrated guess where it goes for moisture, the blood supply. Now you have even less blood circulating around the body. But circulating blood is how your body heats and cools it's self similary to the radiator of a car.

One of the insults from actually running the marathon would be the wasted water. I couldn't imagine being short on supplies like water and see a marathoner run by a water table, take a few gulps then throw away the rest of the water.

The marathon was described as a parade by one commentator. There is no reason for a celebratory parade at this time. I don't know wtf the organizers were thinking when they said it would be a unifying event. The organizers were just as obstinate as Bloomberg at the race cancelling press conference, they don't get. Many of the racers did offering up their rooms, boycotting or offering to volunteer in clean up.

Even more insult is that bloomie and organizers ticked alot of competitors by simply not delaying or cancelling the race right after or during the storm.

I still don't get how they thought they would get revenue to years in a disaster area. Politicians race organizers included-eewwwweeeeee...
Midwestern Hillbilly

Saint Elmo, IL

#33 Nov 4, 2012
Nice vehemence there, Ms Pamela. You "said a mouthful" and a lot of it dead-on accurate. Fact IS we no longer have television in our home; we read a lot instead, and sleuth around on the internet. They don't call it the "boob tube" without good reason. And, the fact that it is television "programming" is accurate, too. Peoples minds are like computer discs, and the old GIGO term. Garbage In/Garbage Out. Most are too lazy to read, analyzing, and too impatient to pay attention to anything longer than a 15 second sound-bite.

The East Coast sure got a nasty taste of flooding. In the Midwest we've been hit time and time again. Almost with the relentless regularity of ocean breakers washing in on a beach on a calm and normal day.

First real doozy was back in 1993 when the Mississippi went wild, which it's done several times since then, most recently summer of 2011, while summer of 2012 was unceasing drouth.

We have a smaller river runs through our property. We used to plant corn in that acreage (years ago). Now? Pastureland (when it's not flooded.) A good sized town north of us has expanded, many roadways, massive parking lots, lot of roofing, drainspouts leading into sewers. Rain now falls and runs off instead of soaking into ground once fields now subdivisions.

We have a saying now, "A frog pees in town - and our bottom land floods." (Even if WE actually got no rain - what runs downstream to us.) Everyone's gotta have bigger and better, bragging rights for stuff to ballyhoo about on Facebook.

Fact IS humankind can f'k up a one car parade. They think they can conquer the planet. Well, Mother Earth always has the LAST WORD, heh, heh, HEH. By how you treat Mother Nature she can be your best friend or more lethal enemy.

As anyone who tills the Good Earth and farms.

Thanks for sharing your input.
Cat74

United States

#34 Nov 4, 2012
Those people you like to call boobs are electing your next President.
Pamela

Citrus Heights, CA

#35 Nov 4, 2012
Nice vehemence there, Ms Pamela. You "said a mouthful" and a lot of it dead-on accurate. Fact IS we no longer have television in our home; we read a lot instead, and sleuth around on the internet. They don't call it the "boob tube" without good reason. And, the fact that it is television "programming" is accurate, too. Peoples minds are like computer discs, and the old GIGO term. Garbage In/Garbage Out. Most are too lazy to read, analyzing, and too impatient to pay attention to anything longer than a 15 second sound-bite.
The East Coast sure got a nasty taste of flooding. In the Midwest we've been hit time and time again. Almost with the relentless regularity of ocean breakers washing in on a beach on a calm and normal day.
First real doozy was back in 1993 when the Mississippi went wild, which it's done several times since then, most recently summer of 2011, while summer of 2012 was unceasing drouth.
We have a smaller river runs through our property. We used to plant corn in that acreage (years ago). Now? Pastureland (when it's not flooded.) A good sized town north of us has expanded, many roadways, massive parking lots, lot of roofing, drainspouts leading into sewers. Rain now falls and runs off instead of soaking into ground once fields now subdivisions.
We have a saying now, "A frog pees in town - and our bottom land floods." (Even if WE actually got no rain - what runs downstream to us.) Everyone's gotta have bigger and better, bragging rights for stuff to ballyhoo about on Facebook.
Fact IS humankind can f'k up a one car parade. They think they can conquer the planet. Well, Mother Earth always has the LAST WORD, heh, heh, HEH. By how you treat Mother Nature she can be your best friend or more lethal enemy.
As anyone who tills the Good Earth and farms.
Thanks for sharing your input.
Yeah, when the country collapsed in 2008 I started taking out books from the library and reading everything I could get my hands on to try and figure out what really happened to this country. I probably read 200 books in the last two years. I was guilty too of not paying attention to what was going on while Bush was in office. I am a Republican and I liked Bush's father. He was a decent man so I assumed that Bush II was similar to his father. Boy was I wrong. But I blindly trusted him, and not until the banks and the real estate market collapsed did I wake up and begin to look into what really happened. Now I am a big fan of Ron Paul - since about 2007 when I first heard him speak in the Republican debates. He's a truth teller. He says it just like it really is, and he's smart as a whip. He predicted that our bond market is going to bust too, and now they say the bond market is about to burst. He comes from a point of view of economics, the business cycle, boom and busts, the policies of the Federal Reserve printing up fake money for us to borrow, so he is taking about the real core systemic problems. Bush turned me into a Libertarian. He was so bad that I went further right to Libertarian policies. I just think it's important to deal with everything that is real. If global warming is real, no matter if you are a D or an R, we have to deal with global warming. If the debt is real, we have to deal with it. If the entitlements are bankrupt, we have to deal with it. I like the idea of problem solving rather than slinging the hate one party stuff. In reality, both parties are right about some things and wrong about some things.

I always say the Repubs should be running the social programs. That way no money would be spent on social programs, and that the Dems should be running our foreign policies and our energy policy. That way no money would be spent on oil wars and we would get off of oil and deal with global warming. They have to take a note from Bloomberg's policies and work together and solve all of the real problems, IMO.
Pamela

Citrus Heights, CA

#36 Nov 4, 2012
Cat74 wrote:
Those people you like to call boobs are electing your next President.
That's your point of power. Ha, Ha, hee, hee, you can be low IQ morons who have never worked, like yourself, and ONLY repeat Fox TV and control the elections. It makes you head cases feel like you finally have some power. That's why you let five people from the TV totally control your brains and make you repeat what they say. You finally think you have some power. You have NO power. You put all these people in office according to 5 people from the TV. So what? What do you really think you are going to get out of it and what do you really think is going to change by you all doing this stuff? You have never worked, you don't pay taxes, and you have your hand out for the Dems' SS and Medicare monies. So what? You think you can just vote in people to hand you money. So? Every voting group is doing that, but we are bankrupt, so soon no one can get any money from the government. The buck is about to stop here no matter who you vote in to give you money from the government.

If you do not know one real thing you can't fix nor solve one real thing. All you can do is blindly vote in who the TV tells you to. To people who feel like they have NO power, they think having no power and giving their power to people on TV means they have this new found power. Good luck with all of the low IQ, insane stuff. Good luck with all of it.
Midwestern Hillbilly

Saint Elmo, IL

#38 Nov 4, 2012
Yep, Cat74, you are sooooo right. IMO neither candidate is of proper calibre. BUT in reading heavily in autobiographies and biographies dating back to before I was even born over six decades ago - even those once admired have feet of pure clay..when the truth comes out decades later.

IMO many of them (the boobs) are on par with a jury being sequestered to come up with a verdict, but were passed out drunk behind the jury rail and their chairs empty. My own four adult children included in their "party" enthusiasms, hahahaha. I can no longer recall exactly which election, as I'm getting rather "long in tooth" when I first felt I was voting "for the lesser of two evils". I've felt that way for many an election cycle over the decades. Damned good chance I won't waste the gas to drive to a polling place come Tuesday what with all the potential voting chicanery possible with electronic "programming".

Hope I am wrong, but my gut instincts are there won't be any quick election results this year, and it'll be an updating of the infamous Hang Chad $hit we endured some years back...but worse.

Bread and Circuses, "my fellow citizens", Bread and Circuses.

And a redux of Marie Antoinette when told the masses had no bread - "Let them eat cake".
Midwestern Hillbilly

Saint Elmo, IL

#39 Nov 4, 2012
Oh, Ms Pamela, didn't see you sneaked in as I was responding. Didn't go to church - but "amen, amen" to the above.

So right! Applying logic, analyzing, critical think are lost arts no longer taught in public schools and discouraged. Conformity is the be-all/end-all.

And dasn't (I love that archaic old word - it is not a typo) ever say, "Bull$hit! The Emporer Has No Clothes!" as the talking heads vividly describe elaborate non-existent garments.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#40 Nov 5, 2012
ha ha ha u union people are so stupid . turning down help to restore ur power lol what a bunch of yankies . u would just have to do with out if u were down here in the south . u and ur obama crap

“Go Ahead Liberal, Make My Day”

Since: Dec 07

Florida...home of Trump

#41 Nov 5, 2012
that's nice; now will somebody hand the Mayor a map and show him where Staten Island is ???

“Go Ahead Liberal, Make My Day”

Since: Dec 07

Florida...home of Trump

#42 Nov 5, 2012
Just Saying wrote:
Amazingly, the leftist NY Daily News and Newsday joined the NY Post in endorsing Mitt Romney for President over Obama.
I'm a little suprised but not really shocked. Newspapers are a business too. Not exactly a good P.R. move to be endorsing Pols while your freezing to death waiting for the power to come back on or sitting in a gas line for three days
Ex- El Paso Resident

Las Cruces, NM

#43 Nov 5, 2012
olddogs1964 wrote:
ha ha ha u union people are so stupid . turning down help to restore ur power lol what a bunch of yankies . u would just have to do with out if u were down here in the south . u and ur obama crap
Explains why all the blue states are broke and on the verge on bankruptcy.

When someone offers help you should not ask about their politics or if the are union.

Guess many will suffer and some may even die thanks to the Unions in NY. More interested in their paychecks than lifes.

Kind of like the head of the New YorK teachers union that said he would care about childeren when they started paying union dues.

What a bunch of self centered A**holes.
Cat74

United States

#45 Nov 5, 2012
So where are all the Democrats that crusified Bush over Katrina, when those stupid people chose to stay and drown rather then make the effort to leave N O.? This is much worse, and Bloomy, and Obama look stupid. There is no food, no heat, and another storm is coming. Next time leave when the authorities say leave.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#46 Nov 5, 2012
them people up there in new york have way to much pride to have us southern mans help

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 min Susanm 326,617
jets talk back (Dec '07) 10 min jimi-yank 15,493
Slop your Hogs good good Jesus!!! 27 min doG mnaDed lyHo i... 1
News Report: Vornado among bidders in anticipated la... (Feb '16) 40 min Alank 355
California leads nation in poverty 53 min Shyit whole Hawaii 18
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... (Nov '16) 57 min Nemo 6,212
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 1 hr jimi-yank 46,202
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) Sat Paul Yanks 343,064

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages