Anais Fernandez, 16, dies after alleg...

Anais Fernandez, 16, dies after alleged drinking binge

Posted in the New York Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#1 Jul 13, 2010
http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/07/1...

How sad a young girl like this losing her life from drinking. The family says she never drinks but in reality that may have caused her to not know HOW to drink. I am not for underage drinking but kids will experiment. I would prefer my child experiment with a sip or two at home rather than binge drinking in a reservoir.

“Trying is...”

Since: Feb 08

the first step towards failure

#2 Jul 13, 2010
LI Raised wrote:
http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_ local/2010/07/12/2010-07-12_pa rents_of_analice_fernandez_who _died_after_drinking_too_much_ remember_girl_16_a.html
How sad a young girl like this losing her life from drinking. The family says she never drinks but in reality that may have caused her to not know HOW to drink. I am not for underage drinking but kids will experiment. I would prefer my child experiment with a sip or two at home rather than binge drinking in a reservoir.
It took me years of practice before I could expertly binge drink. It's not for everybody.
Hero Win Problem

Riverhead, NY

#3 Jul 13, 2010
Rehab is the answer!

Since: Jul 10

Lynbrook, NY

#5 Jul 13, 2010
Lightweight.
broken hearts

Astoria, NY

#6 Jul 13, 2010
i knew anais. i used to work with her. and she did not drink. r.i.p. sweetie. you will always be remembered.
Rosemary - a Neighbor

Flushing, NY

#7 Jul 13, 2010
The rumors start flying immediately... The newspapers feeding them on when all the facts are not even in yet. If they were so sure she died from binge drinking, then why are they doing an autopsy. Why is there an open investigation? Apparently, the investigation is still on-going if they are doing an autopsy. Why doesn't everyone wait until the medical examiner finishes her examination.

Their daughter is not even gone 1 day and already the newspapers start hounding, practically sitting on their doorstep, trying to get a story from family and neighbors who only want to grieve the loss of their daughter, sister and neighbor. When they can't get the story they want, they make one up, printing what they want just to sell a lousy paper.

Let the poor family grieve the loss of their beautiful daughter. Let the neighborhood grieve the loss of a child, a neighbor. Losing a daughter is bad enough without the newspapers adding insult to injury just to sell papers and boost their ratings. Where is the compassion? Where are THEIR (the newspapers) morals?

I guess they believe that selling fiction makes more than selling facts. Or they just had some space in their papers they needed to fill.
Whatever the reason, their actions are totally despicable and showing THEIR (the newspaper reporters') lack of character.

When the final reports are in and it is proved that this poor child did not die from alcohol, let's see how fast the newspapers print a front-page retraction of their false reporting. Or maybe the parents should then seek counsel to compensate them and seek justice for the damage the newspapers are doing not only to their family name but to the name of their lost daughter.

If these newsmen can't wait for the facts and final findings to come down (and have to make up their own stories just to sell papers or fill empty space in their papers), then they shouldn't be reporters. Or, maybe when the final reports are in and the news reports are proved false, people should STOP BUYING THE PAPERS and LISTENING TO THEIR NEWS REPORTS ON TV and prove to them that they cannot print false, unproved reports at the cost of someone else and without total disregard for other human beings.
CrushTheIndustry

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Jul 13, 2010
It couldn't have been drinking, i went to school with this girl, she was sweet, a straight a student, and the nicest person i have ever met. She had a life ahead of her and she knew it, she wouldn't throw it away, something had to happen to this poor girl. May you Rest In Peace Anais, You will be missed!

“Slappy X. Sanchez, Esq.”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#9 Jul 14, 2010
Deport the entire family.

“Rockin' in the Free World”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#10 Jul 14, 2010
Slappy Sanchez wrote:
Deport the entire family.
I'll drink to that

“Is it Friday Yet?”

Since: Oct 07

Nassau County

#11 Jul 14, 2010
Tired of the nonsense wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll drink to that
LOL

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#12 Jul 14, 2010
<quoted text>
I'll drink to that
LOL too.

“Go Ahead Liberal, Make My Day”

Since: Dec 07

Florida...home of Trump

#13 Jul 14, 2010
the thought of binge drinking Guinness makes me puke. Anyone bingeing Coors Light deserves to die

“Is it Friday Yet?”

Nassau County

#14 Jul 14, 2010
Guinness Drinker wrote:
the thought of binge drinking Guinness makes me puke. Anyone bingeing Coors Light deserves to die
LMAO
HangUpAndDrive

Bethpage, NY

#15 Jul 14, 2010
Guinness Drinker wrote:
Anyone bingeing Coors Light deserves to die
Really?
I think I better change my evening plans now.

“Go Ahead Liberal, Make My Day”

Since: Dec 07

Florida...home of Trump

#16 Jul 14, 2010
HangUpAndDrive wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
you can do better; I'm sure the Lohan girl will be bingeing big time before they lock her up

“Is it Friday Yet?”

Nassau County

#17 Jul 14, 2010
Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
you can do better; I'm sure the Lohan girl will be bingeing big time before they lock her up
Ouch!- I agree

“Rockin' in the Free World”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#18 Jul 14, 2010
HangUpAndDrive wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
It's Miller Time

“Is it Friday Yet?”

Nassau County

#19 Jul 14, 2010
<quoted text>
It's Miller Time
woooo hooooo

“Slightly below above-average”

Since: Jul 10

arguably garrulous

#20 Jul 14, 2010
<quoted text>
It's Miller Time
I've got some Tanq, Ketel One, Cuervo or Knob Creek and plenty of time.

That Coors Light is like having sex in a canoe.
Claribel Iris

New York, NY

#21 Apr 24, 2011
LI Raised wrote:
http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_ local/2010/07/12/2010-07-12_pa rents_of_analice_fernandez_who _died_after_drinking_too_much_ remember_girl_16_a.html
I just want to say as a close friend of hers she never did drink. Its horrible that this was spread about her cause it wasn't true. Not for nothing but none of you give a damn about her, neither did the people who wrote that article. I can honestly say out of all of us (us being her friends) she was the angel out of the group. Always said no to everything and never let anything or anyone influence her. They put her out to be a crazy drunk teen that died cause of her own mistake but if you really knew why she passed I know no one would ever say that. She didn't die cause of drinking she died cause she was sick which had nothing to do with it at all. Yeah I may be just 16 and not really heard cause I'm still considered a "child" but I know right from wrong and everyone talking about her in a bad way well thats just plain wrong. Cause like I said it just wasn't her fault. I can curse I can yell I can scream but that'll never get me heard. She was our little angel. R.I.P sunshine.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 min Susanm 326,617
jets talk back (Dec '07) 10 min jimi-yank 15,493
Slop your Hogs good good Jesus!!! 27 min doG mnaDed lyHo i... 1
News Report: Vornado among bidders in anticipated la... (Feb '16) 40 min Alank 355
California leads nation in poverty 53 min Shyit whole Hawaii 18
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... (Nov '16) 57 min Nemo 6,212
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 1 hr jimi-yank 46,202
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) Sat Paul Yanks 343,064

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages