Tom Travis

Hickory, NC

#1 Jul 14, 2013
Abraham Lincoln Quote

I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in anyway the social and political equality of the white and black races that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race. I say upon this occasion I do not perceive that because the white man is to have the superior position the negro should be denied everything.

by:

Abraham Lincoln
(1809-1865) 16th US President
BuckOFAMA

Decatur, GA

#2 Jul 14, 2013
aT LeAsT he wasn't WITH A MURDERING CULT like Ben Franklin was with the 'HellFire' society.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 min Kristy 46,750
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 21 min PeTRA 9,418
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 25 min NYStateOfMind 308,034
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 33 min raider youth 10,614
last post wins! (Jun '10) 5 hr Jeff 25,368
Fiance Visa Was Denied, Now What? (Aug '08) 6 hr Angelene lacroix 31
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 13 hr Pearl Jam 305,687
•••

New York News Video

•••
•••

New York Jobs

•••