Again, no progress in Senate stalemate

Full story: Newsday

No progress was reported Wednesday in breaking the State Senate deadlock as only one side showed up to a public negotiating session.
Comments
1 - 13 of 13 Comments Last updated Jul 17, 2009
Al Franken

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Jul 1, 2009
Imagine that, I'm now a United States Senator.

Not that there aren't already alot of clowns and comedians in government....just look at the NY State Senate.

Repeat after me....Senator Al Franken...Senator Al Franken....Senator Al Franken......LOL....

Crazy right!
ERSA

Weehawken, NJ

#2 Jul 2, 2009
What a joke Albany is!!! All these State Assembly people should be fired! If anyone else refused to work at their jobs, tehy would be fired in a heartbeat.

While I was loking through New State Assembly Web site I came across the Kid's Page and on "What's the Assembly?" it states, "The Assembly passes bills that affect people throughout the state of New York." Ha that's a lie, because what the heck have these people done lately - NOTHING!
Shocker

Mineola, NY

#3 Jul 2, 2009
What a surprise...State Democrats aren't going to take part in discussions about leadership.

Very similar to a two year old holding his breath and stamping his feet til they get more ice cream.

You lost, the vote was legit even though you tried to turn off all the lights and sabotage the vote. Now we have a split and they STILL won't discuss anything. Try and be an adult and discuss something
why stop it

Stony Brook, NY

#4 Jul 2, 2009
Walker-Lightfoot's supervisors on the case were Mark Donohue, then a branch chief in her department, and his boss, Eric Swanson, an assistant director of the department, said two people familiar with the investigation. Swanson later married Madoff's niece, and their relationship is now under review by the agency's inspector general, who is examining the SEC's handling of the Madoff case.
Si Senor

Newark, NJ

#5 Jul 2, 2009
At last. State government I can believe in.

In an act of unprecedented courage, the legislature has decided to act like show window dummies.

Let's take it the next step and bring in real dummies. They cost a lot less and don't eat as much.

They're paid to work? When you see the results I'm sure you will agree with me that they should be paid to sit with blank stares.

Keep up the good work, guys. No complaints from me.
myriad

Albany, NY

#6 Jul 2, 2009
The poll: Why isn't "No; the GOP are a bunch of stinking hyprocrites" an option. Why does my "no" have to mean Albany is a circus?
myriad

Albany, NY

#7 Jul 2, 2009
Ersa: Why are you targeting the Assembly? They moved on all the legislation before them and wrapped up right on time. It's the NYS Senate that are at an impasse.
voter

Saint James, NY

#8 Jul 2, 2009
Lets see, what would be the ultimate fireworks show to present to most of our childish State Senators who appear so greatly amused by such frivolities - I know, hand them all pink slips saying "..You're fired".

Since: Feb 09

Boonton, NJ

#10 Jul 5, 2009
imagine. all of this garbage started simply because one republican billionair paid off two democratic senator's to side with the republicans. and one of them went back on the deal.
New York state has ALWAYS been ranked #50 in being able to pass any legislation in Albany.
Now we are even ranked after Guam.
that makes it 51st.
as far as senators go ALL INCUMBANTS MUST BE VOTED OUT!!!

“Read between the lines”

Since: Mar 07

Lindenhurst, NY

#11 Jul 6, 2009
When is the next election so we can vote all of these idiots out, and put people who will actually work (granted for their own agenda, but it would at least look like something is being done) in Albany?
bill

Hempstead, NY

#12 Jul 7, 2009
ERSA wrote:
What a joke Albany is!!! All these State Assembly people should be fired! If anyone else refused to work at their jobs, tehy would be fired in a heartbeat.
While I was loking through New State Assembly Web site I came across the Kid's Page and on "What's the Assembly?" it states, "The Assembly passes bills that affect people throughout the state of New York." Ha that's a lie, because what the heck have these people done lately - NOTHING!
it is not the Assembly but the Senate which is causing the problems--big difference, dude!
Rob

Hauppauge, NY

#13 Jul 7, 2009
I always wondered why we needed a LT, governer and now I know. The senate needs a babysitter!
voter

Saint James, NY

#14 Jul 17, 2009
Has anyone noticed lately that both the States, and our Federal Government, have already gotten a long, long, long way away from governing 'we the people' the way our Founding Constitution says to govern? Class? I mean, just look at what the Fed is spending our money on, and look at what our State govts are doing, or not doing.. You cant make this stuff up anymore. It is unbelievable.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min gcaveman1 46,390
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 29 min Da GreatDirtyWater 307,508
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 59 min Pearl Jam 305,496
Snap chatt 1 hr Mastablasta421 1
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 1 hr -Sprocket- 9,904
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 1 hr -Sprocket- 9,404
Debate: Ferguson - New York, NY 2 hr the real deal 67
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 2 hr Fb fan 10,373
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 3 hr Community Disorga... 14,868
•••

New York News Video

•••
•••