Church puts Passion of Christ on Twitter

Church puts Passion of Christ on Twitter

There are 8 comments on the Newsday story from Apr 10, 2009, titled Church puts Passion of Christ on Twitter. In it, Newsday reports that:

BY PERVAIZ SHALLWANI SPECIAL TO NEWSDAY Even Jesus is on Twitter these days. In an effort to find its place in the world of social networking, Trinity Wall Street will be telling the Passion of Christ, the traditional story of Christ's life, in 140 character posts beginning at noon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

poconoweeze

Kunkletown, PA

#1 Apr 10, 2009
forget hi-tech, i'd rather go back to know i know what i know. that is jesus died for me and you to make a way for heaven.
nathan

United States

#2 Apr 10, 2009
Episcopal Church? Aren't they that activist Gay Church that marries homosexuals, that is, when they are not trivializing Jesus?

“Once Saved...Always Saved!!!”

Since: Jan 07

Bastrop Louisiana

#3 Apr 10, 2009
Sounds pretty cool.
Reverend

Albany, NY

#4 Apr 10, 2009
Oh Mighty God. . . . during this Holy Week, we pray to thee. . . . blast those Somali pirates out of the water with your righteous thunderbolts. . . . . something must be done to save Captain Philipps, Lord, as the Blessed Messiah Obama refuses to have his navy shoot or be mean with these porch monkeys. . . . Amen
nathan

United States

#5 Apr 10, 2009
Isn't the Episcoplian Church the denomination that marries homosexuals and ordains Gay priests? Yeah, that Robinson guy up in Vermont runs one of those parishes.
george

United States

#6 Apr 10, 2009
nathan wrote:
Episcopal Church? Aren't they that activist Gay Church that marries homosexuals, that is, when they are not trivializing Jesus?
You got that right. That Robinson character up in Vermont is a perfect example.
JMK

New York, NY

#7 Apr 10, 2009
The fictional gospels and several forgeries and interpolations are all anyone knows of this jesus character and that makes christianity a complete lie. Jesus never existed, every story is a myth, every parable a plagairism and forgery, much of the gospel is based upon Homer, pulled out of context from the greek translation of the hebrew bible and even Euripedes, and all the rituals and stories of the greeks and romans and egyptians, no nazareth, no evil jews, no story. Just more bubbe mayse.
Believer

Port Chester, NY

#8 Apr 10, 2009
Most of humanity , no matter where they are from or who they are have touched by this life and this death.
People deny Him, people ignore Him, yet they cannot escape that they have been touched by his sacrifice and what arose from it.
In denial, those who stand against Him, know Him
In ignorance those who turn away still know they turn away from... Read More something
Those of us who choose to follow His teachings and believe in what he spoke of, stood and died for know that He rose and that He will return. And that is why we Praise Him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... (Nov '16) 5 min NEMO 7,503
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 10 min the don 344,636
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 11 min June VanDerMark 340,741
News Racial income gap in Monroe County is startling 3 hr IescapedNY 32
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 7 hr jimi-yank 47,513
jets talk back (Dec '07) 7 hr jimi-yank 16,197
Giants talk back (Dec '06) 13 hr Paul Yanks 7,744

New York Jobs

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages