Assemblyman proposes tax for strip cl...

Assemblyman proposes tax for strip club patrons

There are 44 comments on the Newsday story from Mar 11, 2009, titled Assemblyman proposes tax for strip club patrons. In it, Newsday reports that:

You might call it a pole tax. The New York legislator who brought the nation its first law against driving while using a cell phone now proposes a $10 tax for patrons of nude and seminude dance clubs and strip ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Apr 08

AOL

#1 Mar 11, 2009
STUPID!!!!

Since: Nov 08

Huntington Station, NY

#2 Mar 11, 2009
Why not? I think it's hilarious. Tax the creeps! Both the patron and the business owner.

Additionally, these places are notorious for exorbitant cover charges, jacked-up beverage charges, and possibly even valet parking. God knows what else.

If the tax money goes to help the victims of human trafficking, so much the better.

A fool and his money are soon parted. Never more true than the cretin who drops bills at establishments like these.
OhWellShitHappen s

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Mar 11, 2009
A tittytax. Now I've seen it all.
When women go to a male strip club, it'll be called a sirtax.
Outrage

New York, NY

#4 Mar 11, 2009
The Dems are completely out of control
Pfluger the Union Monkey

Needham, MA

#5 Mar 11, 2009
Cogency wrote:
Why not? I think it's hilarious. Tax the creeps! Both the patron and the business owner.
Additionally, these places are notorious for exorbitant cover charges, jacked-up beverage charges, and possibly even valet parking. God knows what else.
If the tax money goes to help the victims of human trafficking, so much the better.
A fool and his money are soon parted. Never more true than the cretin who drops bills at establishments like these.
I propose a $2 tax on Cosmopolitan magazine. The filthy women who "drop bills" to read that pornographic should have to pay.
Donna from Long Island

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Mar 11, 2009
How about taxing some of the things that rich people do, such as vacations & short term (less than 1 month) house rentals? Leave the struggling middle class alone already!!

Since: Nov 08

Huntington Station, NY

#7 Mar 11, 2009
Pfluger the Union Monkey wrote:
<quoted text>
I propose a $2 tax on Cosmopolitan magazine. The filthy women who "drop bills" to read that pornographic should have to pay.
Cheesy comparison. Sorry. And watch who you're accusing of reading that birdcage liner.

“Trying is...”

Since: Feb 08

the first step towards failure

#8 Mar 11, 2009
I thought Republicans were the morality police??

I bet if the Dems could impose a tax on NOT getting an abortion they would be pro-life
Pfluger the Union Monkey

Needham, MA

#9 Mar 11, 2009
Cogency wrote:
<quoted text>
Cheesy comparison. Sorry. And watch who you're accusing of reading that birdcage liner.
Why is it cheesy? Cosmo is porno for women.

“It might have been !!!”

Since: Aug 07

F&P City

#10 Mar 11, 2009
Cogency wrote:
Why not? I think it's hilarious. Tax the creeps! Both the patron and the business owner.
Additionally, these places are notorious for exorbitant cover charges, jacked-up beverage charges, and possibly even valet parking. God knows what else.
If the tax money goes to help the victims of human trafficking, so much the better.
A fool and his money are soon parted. Never more true than the cretin who drops bills at establishments like these.
You are thinking with your vajayjay. ;)

“It might have been !!!”

Since: Aug 07

F&P City

#11 Mar 11, 2009
Cogency wrote:
<quoted text>
Cheesy comparison. Sorry. And watch who you're accusing of reading that birdcage liner.
How about a tax on those house parties wives have where all sorts of sexual toys are passed around and sold ? per d/il/d/o perhaps ?

Since: Nov 08

Huntington Station, NY

#12 Mar 11, 2009
Pfluger the Union Monkey wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it cheesy? Cosmo is porno for women.
Whoa dream big, lol. If you think cosmo is porn, you're woefully misinformed. Makeup and fashion ads, coupled with inane drivel about 'relationships' can hardly be called porn. hehe.

I called your whole comparison cheesy because it is. Strip clubs and Cosmo have nothing whatever to do with one another. Well--maybe the bobble heads doing the stripping have lifetime subscriptions, lol. Other than that? Not so much.

Since: Nov 08

Huntington Station, NY

#13 Mar 11, 2009
Tap San in LIC wrote:
<quoted text>
You are thinking with your vajayjay. ;)
Oh Tap, say it ain't so! I cannot even believe you just used that creepy euphemism. It's the current favorite, overly-used word for most females and I friggin' cringe every time, lol. OPRAH uses it. That should be enough, tee-hee.
;-)
Captain Liberty

Bronx, NY

#14 Mar 11, 2009
If you want to see boobs, you gotta pay the boobs up in in Albany.

“Let's go Yankees”

Since: Jul 08

Long Island

#15 Mar 11, 2009
Cogency wrote:
Why not? I think it's hilarious. Tax the creeps! Both the patron and the business owner.
Additionally, these places are notorious for exorbitant cover charges, jacked-up beverage charges, and possibly even valet parking. God knows what else.
If the tax money goes to help the victims of human trafficking, so much the better.
A fool and his money are soon parted. Never more true than the cretin who drops bills at establishments like these.
Human sized, attractive women never seem to have a problem with these establishments, as their husbands / boyfriends are at home, so they are not affected by them

Since: Nov 08

Huntington Station, NY

#16 Mar 11, 2009
Tap San in LIC wrote:
<quoted text>
How about a tax on those house parties wives have where all sorts of sexual toys are passed around and sold ? per d/il/d/o perhaps ?
Gack. Those 'parties' are for show-off women, trying to prove to the world how cool and modern they are. I think it's a joke. Buy that schitt on the down-low, man! Ain't nobody's business but yours and your man's.
;-)
Pfluger the Union Monkey

Needham, MA

#17 Mar 11, 2009
Cogency wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoa dream big, lol. If you think cosmo is porn, you're woefully misinformed. Makeup and fashion ads, coupled with inane drivel about 'relationships' can hardly be called porn. hehe.
I called your whole comparison cheesy because it is. Strip clubs and Cosmo have nothing whatever to do with one another. Well--maybe the bobble heads doing the stripping have lifetime subscriptions, lol. Other than that? Not so much.
What about the articles which describe, in graphic detail, various sexual positions, and oral sex techniques?

I'm not against these things by any means (as a libertarian), but don't see all that much difference between Cosmo and other forms of soft porn.

Since: Nov 08

Huntington Station, NY

#18 Mar 11, 2009
HarleyRyder wrote:
<quoted text>
Human sized, attractive women never seem to have a problem with these establishments, as their husbands / boyfriends are at home, so they are not affected by them
Incoherent post. Try again.
Pfluger the Union Monkey

Needham, MA

#19 Mar 11, 2009
Cogency wrote:
<quoted text>
Ain't nobody's business but yours and your man's.
;-)
But, if a guy goes to a bachelor party at a boob emporium, that is the government's business?

“Let's go Yankees”

Since: Jul 08

Long Island

#20 Mar 11, 2009
In typical political fashion, this assemblyman is a moron. Ever since there has been a tax on liquor, bars have avoided paying most of the taxes. It is for the most part a cash business, and bar owners know how to get around paying taxes on the drinks they sell. Te owners of these clubs may come out and protest this tax, but behind the scenes they will be celebrating, because it's $10 more per person they can collect, and keep for themselves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Boycott the NFL (Sep '12) 41 min Empty seats 11
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 57 min Susanm 322,335
Who will take Omarosa's place? 2 hr FBI Dirty - Trump... 11
News Survey: SUNY Geneseo, Binghamton among nation's... (Jan '08) 3 hr crap hitting the fan 26
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 5 hr Whiny1 17,769
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 5 hr Paul Yanks 342,598
Fox is going down (Dec '09) 6 hr 2 Dogs 7,216

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages