Lindenhurst, NY

#46 Jun 30, 2013
saggiN be chillin with my homies
WombMan

Queens Village, NY

#48 Jun 30, 2013
WombMan wrote:
<quoted text>
That includes white people too right, and racial slurs like whitey, pasty, honkey, cracker, vanilla.
I did not bring anybody over from Africa.
Paula Deen should hire a Private Detective to follow around her accuser, and wait for them to make a mistake, then film and record it, then counter sue.
Whoever put nuts and clueless on this post - you're the one who's nuts and clueless.

We are human beings too. How can you use slurs on us, and demand we not use them on you?
WombMan

Queens Village, NY

#49 Jun 30, 2013
Plotts wrote:
<quoted text> It's going to get worse and no it's not fair....it's a big time money grab and just the beginning....
This ($300. welfare taxes on $600. paycheck) actually happened in the early 70's when I was a struggling 20 year old on my own.

I was devestated. I had worked 7 days long hours on commission to make that money. In those days $600. put you in the 50% bracket.
ABE FOREVER

Hickory, NC

#50 Jun 30, 2013
Abraham Lincoln Quote
vs Paula Deen's faux pas.

Tell us what you really think, Abe.

“I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in anyway the social and political equality of the white and black races – that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race. I say upon this occasion I do not perceive that because the white man is to have the superior position the negro should be denied everything.”
Sayer

Cheyenne, WY

#51 Jul 1, 2013
Awesome. Thank you for that. Quite interesting. That ought to be on billboards.
watch the closing doors

Bronx, NY

#52 Jul 2, 2013
She's got plenty of time to eat ham now.
History Guy

AOL

#53 Jul 3, 2013
ABE FOREVER wrote:
Abraham Lincoln Quote
vs Paula Deen's faux pas.
Tell us what you really think, Abe.
“I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in anyway the social and political equality of the white and black races – that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race. I say upon this occasion I do not perceive that because the white man is to have the superior position the negro should be denied everything.”
Lincoln held the typical 19th Century view of race. This is not some huge eye opening statement. Lincoln also was a full supporter of the American Colonization Society that advocated the return of former slaves to Liberia. Interestingly, the former slaves who did return to Africa, looked down upon the native Africans as being inferior to them.
In my opinion, in the politically correct nation we live in, praise is heaped upon Mandella (South Africa), King, Thurgood Marshall and anyone who has fought for liberal social causes. Lincoln is used now as the Great Emancipator, when in actuality he was more concerned with saving the Union.
History Guy

AOL

#54 Jul 3, 2013
Anbd by the way, Paula Deen was refelecting exactly what most Southerners who's families have been in America since the 1700s do.
Northerners do not understand that mind set. A majority of Northern families ancestors were in Europe at that time, so they have no connecton to that time period. In the South, great-great-grandpa fought in the Civil War and they have a deeper connection to that time period than say a Golderg or Russo family that lives in New York City today.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 3 min rainmaker2016 16,800
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 56 min OzRitz 62,317
Islanders talk back (Dec '07) 1 hr Jack 4,824
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr TRUMP WINNERS 312,697
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 2 hr Paul Yanks 334,299
jets talk back (Dec '07) 2 hr Paul Yanks 13,303
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 3 hr De Oppresso Liber 20,195
Giants talk back (Dec '06) 5 hr About Face 5,712

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages