CPS supervisor suspended in New Cassel killings

There are 20 comments on the Newsday story from Feb 26, 2008, titled CPS supervisor suspended in New Cassel killings. In it, Newsday reports that:

The Child Protective Services supervisor who failed to send caseworkers on follow-up visit Saturday to investigate a complaint that a New Cassel mother had threatened to kill her three children has been ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

save the taxpayers money

Johnson City, TN

#148 Feb 26, 2008
just take her out back and shoot her
Wondering

Rocky Point, NY

#149 Feb 26, 2008
Laura wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the story - the father of the youngest children was TRYING to get them to take the children from the mothers custody.
Would this be the same father who was "beating Brewer with a stick". I can't say that giving him the kids would have assured a different outcome.
Mike

Huntington Station, NY

#150 Feb 26, 2008
No drug addict should have custody of children.
greg

Pompano Beach, FL

#151 Feb 26, 2008
NYSTATESCAM wrote:
Who is the CPS ADMINISTRATIVE DIRECTOR. What qualifications? Who are they related to. Political hacks sold out our state long ago by appointing unqualified relatives of political bigwigs in these state agewncies. They are unable to be proactive in their dutys and only react to apease the masses.That frontline supervisor is a scapegoat for the deficiencs of the agency created by the local government.The Director is the one who should be released.
bull black race is primal put them all in azoo and fix them so thy stop breeding
The Great American

Tulsa, OK

#152 Feb 26, 2008
greg wrote:
<quoted text>bull black race is primal put them all in azoo and fix them so thy stop breeding
Let's stop the name calling. White mothers has done the same crime. So why don't we fix the whites to stop breeding. Greg don't be silly.

“I DONT SUFFER FOOLS GLADLY.”

Since: Jan 08

BRONX NY

#153 Feb 26, 2008
Vettelady wrote:
I feel really bad about these children, but it's about time we hold these agency workers accountable for their lack of actions in doing their jobs. If these agencies did their jobs, there would be less child abuse and thus death of children vs. telling hard working good natured parents trying to raise respectable children they cannot reprimand their children - then the agencies go chasing after a parent for giving a spanking. As we have allowed the system to not be accountable for their laxness in doing their jobs this is what happens to our inocent children.
i agree with you 1000%. and also now that more kids have died because of lazy acs workers. they will go crazy again, removing kids from parents for the slightest thing, making it ever harder for the good hardworking parents to get the kids back,and make you go thru any and everything. my issue with acs is WHO ARE YOU TO TELL ME HOW TO RAISE MY KIDS? i've seen acs workers spank their own kids but feel they have to right to tell me how to discipline my kidsi have a friend who's daughter was snatched out of the home because of an argument with her mother. my friend is 45 yrs old the daughter 16 the daughter said she was slapped, they found no bruises or anything just took the girls words, thats the worse part the worse part is the caseworker is 21 yrs old. and tries to treat my friend like shes the 16 yr old but i must say the daughter is learning her lesson being in a foster care group home. she is the one begging and pleading to go home and the mother is saying " no you wanted out my house well there u go" i mean dont get me wrong she's going to get her out she's just teaching her a lesson right now about lying and game playing. meanwhile the mother who already raised 4 kids the others r grown and in college or the service all respectable, hardworking like their mother. has been told she has to take parenting classes! why the hell does she have to take parenting classes because her teen daughter lied on her. and as i said in the beginning who are these strangers to walk into peoples homes and tell them how to raise their kids. when there are kids out here who are truly being abused and killed by their parents. those parents are left to their own devices and as we can see. its parents who usually ends up killing their kids, or doing something equally as cruel to them

BRONX NY

#154 Feb 26, 2008
Boooo wrote:
This is like firing a car salesman because you crashed your car.
The punishment should be dealt to the mother, who confessed to the killings before entering a not guilty plea, NOT the guy who works for CPS.
CPS has its downfalls, just like your job and everyones job does, but I'm willing to bet CPS does ALOT more noble work than most of the haters who posted previously, and besides that fact, CPS did not go to this womans home and kill her children, they went to her home to prevent it.
My condolences to the families of these children lost
and also to the CPS worker unfairly burdening the responsibility of three murders he did not commit.
they could have prevented it long ago when the grandmother called and told them about the abuse, she also went to court trying to get custody of the kids and was told no. the little girls father also went to court to try to get custody and was told no also. so as tragic as this case is. someone has to pay and this time it cant be blamed on the family, friends, neighbors, nor at least 1 father. they all did their part in trying to get the kids away from the mother.
hxville

Brooklyn, NY

#155 Feb 26, 2008
Jennifer wrote:
Innocent Demesyeux is 1 years old? If that is the case, how on earth could he/she have filed a complaint?
Named after the Father!

BRONX NY

#156 Feb 26, 2008
Do You See What I See wrote:
Since everyone LOVES throwing blame around...What about all those neighbors who gladly described her disturding demeanoe and how she "left her kids alone" and "walked down the street in her nightgown" They all knew what was going on in that house w/those children... and they did NOTHING!
maybe you should read the articles in the daily news yes they all did try to do something. and was turned down. they called acs, they called the cops they went to court trying to get the kids away from her. and yet in a case where everyone was trying to get those kids away from her, the system still failed. but they wont overhaul the system and change their so called rules and regulaltions they will just make it harder on good parents trying to raise their kids the right way. also they may change their name yet again as they always do when tragedies like these keep happening. its a way to try to fool everyone into believing their doing the right thing and changing, and training the workers better etc etc etc all bull sh it.
hxville

Brooklyn, NY

#157 Feb 26, 2008
CAE wrote:
The mother and CPS is reponsible. CPS is suppose to protect innocent children from abusive parents. I am a victim of the CPS system myself. CPS was called 3 times on my father and they reaction was corporal punishment is legal in NY. I had to run away from home at 16 after my father strangled me. My sister and brother have ran away at one time as well. Our father just recently was arrested for beating my 17 old sister, but he is free and back at home with mom and my sister. Nothing changes. You wonder why kids are killing these days. There is no one to protect us.
Why has your mother taken him back considering what is happening here? does he beat her up also? How old are you? Are you able to have your sister removed and you take care of her... reach out to a Priest if you have to....
peace maka

Oceanside, NY

#158 Feb 26, 2008
I knew the mother in this case & i also knew of her children Jewl & Micheal. My heart goes out to the family & the children may they rest in peace. I do believe that the system did fail not her but the children because the children couldn't defend themselves & that is what CPS is for.

Since: Sep 07

Trevor, WI

#159 Feb 26, 2008
Bottom line - the guilty person is the mother. Period. What I don't understand is how she can plead not guilty after confessing to killing the children.
peace maka

Oceanside, NY

#160 Feb 26, 2008
GEEZ wrote:
BLACK TRASH
nobody but a white racist psycho that act like white, yellow, spanish, or indian people never did such thing. yes it is a tragic horrible circumstance but why be so ignorrant?
Reality

Nanuet, NY

#161 Feb 26, 2008
One person is to blame - MOM

CPS workers do not have psychic abilities and are not able to predict the future.
michelle

Brooklyn, NY

#162 Feb 26, 2008
The mother is the guilty one. don't have all these kids and not take care of them. don't expect everyone to pick up the slack for you. simple solution: BIRTH CONTROL!!

how dare you plead not guilty!! you are disgusting!!
Southbound

Lindenhurst, NY

#163 Feb 26, 2008
Of course she's not guilty, Newsday has already reported that 'the system' is at fault. As sholes!
Southbound

Lindenhurst, NY

#164 Feb 26, 2008
peace maka wrote:
I knew the mother in this case & i also knew of her children Jewl & Micheal. My heart goes out to the family & the children may they rest in peace. I do believe that the system did fail not her but the children because the children couldn't defend themselves & that is what CPS is for.
NOBODY IS A VICTIM OF CPS! Get that straight. They are an inept government agency.(like most government agencies) The parents are responsible for their children. If you aren't prepared to be responsible, don't have the children. CPS is there to try to help. If they can, great. If they can't, they not responsible for a mother's failure! Christ!! This country is doomed. I reject the suspension of the CPS supervisor and I implore other CPS people to walk out on the job immediately. You can't help people unwilling to help themselves and now you can be held liable for crackhead moms!
Southbound

Lindenhurst, NY

#165 Feb 26, 2008
The Great American wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's stop the name calling. White mothers has done the same crime. So why don't we fix the whites to stop breeding. Greg don't be silly.
Yes, and when they do, everyone sinply admits that the mother is crazy and needs to go to jail. There is no interrogation of the innocent to see who else can be blamed!
Southbound

Lindenhurst, NY

#166 Feb 26, 2008
halle wrote:
i knew leatrice we both lived our lives in westbury. even when she was a younger girl she had problems her mother was a crackhead so to me she didnt have a chance at having a normal life my question is why didnt she just jill herself instead of killing these innocent beautiful children i dont know how im going to handle seeing those 3 children laid out at the funeral its so very sad iam at a loss
Kudos to the Democrat's 'Great Society'. Now we have second generation crackhead mothers... fabulous. But let's keep the handouts coming... it seems to really be working.
Spanky

Lindenhurst, NY

#167 Feb 26, 2008
What's this CPS garbage about?? Like Chris Rock says about his own race: "You're SUPPOSED to take care of your kids"! Maybe Social Services told her they were going to stop the checks from coming. So instead of doing the typical Welfare Recipent thing and just have more kids to get more money. She did them in and figured she could make a killing (no pun intended) when She sues CPS. They all have an angle.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 10 min Concerned Red Sox... 315,719
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 43 min Tourista 309,741
What time is the march for the cop that got sho... 2 hr jimi-yank 3
Fun ;) 2 hr Eileen Weir 1
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 2 hr suffolkIII 12,300
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr litesong 52,979
Run,Run, Run, The Republicans are Coming! (Jan '11) 5 hr Black 1,725
More from around the web

New York People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]