CPS supervisor suspended in New Cassel killings

Full story: Newsday 233
The Child Protective Services supervisor who failed to send caseworkers on follow-up visit Saturday to investigate a complaint that a New Cassel mother had threatened to kill her three children has been ... Full Story
First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Sweet C

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Feb 26, 2008
I saw an episode of Crime TV and she must have gotten the idea of drowing her kids from the woman that drowned 5 of her children......she cant be that crazy if that is the case.
Lisa

Smithtown, NY

#2 Feb 26, 2008
Too little, too late but I guess it's SOMETHING. What a tragedy. I hope the CPS Supervisor has nightmares until the day he/she dies. You need CARING people to work in an agency like CPS. Not people who just want to push papers around on a desk. Unfortunately, caring is something that seems to be becoming extinct in our society. We are slowly destroying ourselves with our lack of empathy and compassion. May these children rest in peace.
Vettelady

Brentwood, NY

#3 Feb 26, 2008
I feel really bad about these children, but it's about time we hold these agency workers accountable for their lack of actions in doing their jobs. If these agencies did their jobs, there would be less child abuse and thus death of children vs. telling hard working good natured parents trying to raise respectable children they cannot reprimand their children - then the agencies go chasing after a parent for giving a spanking. As we have allowed the system to not be accountable for their laxness in doing their jobs this is what happens to our inocent children.
concerned mother

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Feb 26, 2008
Lisa wrote:
Too little, too late but I guess it's SOMETHING. What a tragedy. I hope the CPS Supervisor has nightmares until the day he/she dies. You need CARING people to work in an agency like CPS. Not people who just want to push papers around on a desk. Unfortunately, caring is something that seems to be becoming extinct in our society. We are slowly destroying ourselves with our lack of empathy and compassion. May these children rest in peace.
I feel the case workers are over worked and this is the reason why no one followed up....we need to hire more case workers so this will not happen again. May these children rest in peace and may the case worker find peace knowing she/or he did everything they could possibly do
Disgusted

Garden City, NY

#6 Feb 26, 2008
Suspend to "do nothing" Judge. I know who she is and
she is a real piece of crap. She should be removed from the bench and arrested for aiding and abetting in these children's deaths. The mother was a known crack addict that beat her children, left them alone and other wise didn't give a sh?t about them. Everyone failed these children especially her family. If that was me and one of my family members acted like Brewer I would have removed the children myself and be damed with the consequences. The bottom line no one cared and now 3 innocents, who had a horrific existence as it was are dead. Shame on all of you!
John

Port Jefferson Station, NY

#7 Feb 26, 2008
Typical of these county agencies which are not supervised.
STOP the BLAME

Bronx, NY

#9 Feb 26, 2008
So if CPS followed up on Saturday and the children looked and acted fine and the mother seemed to be okay and then on Sunday morning the same heartbreaking news was reported, who would you blame?
transplanted

Austin, TX

#10 Feb 26, 2008
Yes this is an unbelievable tragedy and never should have happened but before everyone gets all over CPS please remember that the agencey is dangerously understaffed. The real blame should fall on Souzzi. He knows CPS cannot function correctly with a skeleton staff but has continuously ignored the issue in favor of raises for himself and his buddies.
STOP the BLAME

Bronx, NY

#11 Feb 26, 2008
Sorry for the duplicate posting...
No Comment

Cresskill, NJ

#12 Feb 26, 2008
Disgusted wrote:
she is a real piece of crap. She should be removed from the bench and arrested for aiding and abetting in these children's deaths. The mother was a known crack addict that beat her children, left them alone and other wise didn't give a sh?t about them. Everyone failed these children especially her family. If that was me and one of my family members acted like Brewer I would have removed the children myself and be damed with the consequences. The bottom line no one cared and now 3 innocents, who had a horrific existence as it was are dead. Shame on all of you!
Perfect Response! You are right on!
Observer

Englewood, CO

#13 Feb 26, 2008
Come on, people...this is what happens when a "village" raises kids instead of a family. Where were the father(s)?
Fact of Fiction

New York, NY

#14 Feb 26, 2008
concerned mother wrote:
<quoted text>I feel the case workers are over worked and this is the reason why no one followed up....we need to hire more case workers so this will not happen again. May these children rest in peace and may the case worker find peace knowing she/or he did everything they could possibly do
And you think that will change anything ? Its not only about hiring new case workers, it about hiring QUALIFIED case workers and having Supervisors that are also QUALIFIED. They received a call that these kids were in danger and did NOTHING. Oh well no one answeres lets come back later. thats not case overload, thats un-qualified, un-caring workers. Too busy crying about their case load and lousy paychecks. the entire department should be fired and re-built from scratch.
guild

Allentown, PA

#15 Feb 26, 2008
Why must the system always be at fault, The mother is the one to protect and take care of her kids.
If you think we can watch everbody that does not care of there children you are sadly mistaken... Family knows these people best just because they decide to turn there heads does not mean they dont share in this, We have people having babies that should not own pets but we cant say that.. until we do somthing about people before they have children there with be kids suffering... many young women not married no job on wellfare, food stamps thats not enough the taxpayers have to make sure they are raising there children correctly... Thats sad If this is the case we have lost the war on common sence
NYSTATESCAM

AOL

#16 Feb 26, 2008
Who is the CPS ADMINISTRATIVE DIRECTOR. What qualifications? Who are they related to. Political hacks sold out our state long ago by appointing unqualified relatives of political bigwigs in these state agewncies. They are unable to be proactive in their dutys and only react to apease the masses.That frontline supervisor is a scapegoat for the deficiencs of the agency created by the local government.The Director is the one who should be released.
helen

Pleasanton, CA

#17 Feb 26, 2008
CPS is to blame as always, them people don't care. this isn't the first time this happen. they had plenty of warnings from the family and the CPS still didn't do anything. First her butt.
Crazy stuff

Queens Village, NY

#18 Feb 26, 2008
Here we go again. A nut goes and kills her children...but it is not her fault. We go and suspend a low paid, over worked, public supervisor who has dealt with cutbacks and decreased employees, in an attempt to conserve money. Place the blame where it belongs ...on the mother and her family.
NYSTATESCAM

AOL

#19 Feb 26, 2008
Disgusted wrote:
Poor frontline supervisor with no political clout will pay for the judges indescretions and the local governments money saving agenda.
angel

Harrison, NY

#20 Feb 26, 2008
dam shame
Ex NYEr

United States

#21 Feb 26, 2008
How about the responsibility of family members to take matters into their own hands? Why is government responsible for everything?
mee

New York, NY

#23 Feb 26, 2008
You means I gotta work on saturday!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sex -- and the lack of it -- on Staten Island: ... (Jan '14) 16 min Joanna 6
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 17 min NYStateOfMind 308,435
Howard Stern Show Talkback 19 min Guinness Drinker 9
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 23 min fball 10,746
jets talk back (Dec '07) 28 min Guinness Drinker 9,164
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 45 min Guinness Drinker 15,265
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 47,074

New York News Video

New York Dating
Find my Match

New York Jobs

New York People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

New York News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in New York

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]