McDonald's, KFC, Burger King workers protest in NYC

Nov 29, 2012 Read more: KOAT-TV 14

Pamela Waldron makes $7.75 an hour as a cashier at the KFC in New York's Penn Station, where she has worked for eight years.

Read more
Strike Fund

Ridge, NY

#1 Nov 30, 2012
Who's the idiot that told them to strike.....Unions are thing of the past.

Ask your UNION LEADER (oxy-moron) why they get DOUBLE PENSION & DOUBLE ANNUITY while members sit at home.

Right to work is the way to go!
Village Mystery

Huntsville, AL

#3 Dec 1, 2012
KFC? 8 years?

Supposedly she is a nursing student - so why complain NOW? After 8 years and when she is on her way to a better paying job? Um, that's what people have to do to get more pay - advance themselves.

"We're the ones who run the store...."

Yah, I think I know who is behind this.

If they run things then why not start their own fried chicken franchise and "run" it? Then they can give employees all over the country and elsewhere raises and benefits and healthcare and whatever else people who fry chicken think they deserve.

“How Tequila works”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#4 Dec 1, 2012
No one is making them work there.

“Watch out for that tree”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#5 Dec 2, 2012
this isn't a career job that even needs a union. it's always been high school teens & retirees looking to make a few extra bucks. not so sure i'd want food cooked/served by those who want to be long term union workers @ a fast food joint.

“How Tequila works”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#6 Dec 3, 2012
Peter Pine wrote:
this isn't a career job that even needs a union. it's always been high school teens & retirees looking to make a few extra bucks. not so sure i'd want food cooked/served by those who want to be long term union workers @ a fast food joint.
Great point.

“Lovely year for a Guinness”

Since: Dec 07

Daytona Beach

#7 Dec 5, 2012
Peter Pine wrote:
this isn't a career job that even needs a union. it's always been high school teens & retirees looking to make a few extra bucks. not so sure i'd want food cooked/served by those who want to be long term union workers @ a fast food joint.
it also means once the union gets a hold of your paycheck, your $7.75 an hour turns to $6.

“How Tequila works”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#8 Dec 5, 2012
Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
it also means once the union gets a hold of your paycheck, your $7.75 an hour turns to $6.
Hey, the money to support the dumbocrats have to come from somewhere.
my daddy supersizes fries

Riverhead, NY

#9 Dec 5, 2012
The fast food "jobs" were designed in the early '60s to be after school/summer jobs for teen agers. It gave them an intro to a work ethic and some responsibility with money. The franchise food explosion was based on that.

But some terminal dodos thought of it as a career choice and now want to buy a house in the burbs for flipping roach patties.

“How Tequila works”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#10 Dec 5, 2012
my daddy supersizes fries wrote:
The fast food "jobs" were designed in the early '60s to be after school/summer jobs for teen agers. It gave them an intro to a work ethic and some responsibility with money. The franchise food explosion was based on that.
But some terminal dodos thought of it as a career choice and now want to buy a house in the burbs for flipping roach patties.
BINGO!

“Lovely year for a Guinness”

Since: Dec 07

Daytona Beach

#11 Dec 6, 2012
Thee_Rickster wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, the money to support the dumbocrats have to come from somewhere.
if that's the case, now it's $5
Guns Dont Kill Unions Do

AOL

#12 Dec 9, 2012
If you unionize these places, watch the prices go sky high and then in a few years they'll have to close down because the company can't afford the costs of doing business with union workers.
Ask Hostess why they shut down. Ask the car companies why they needed to be bailed out.
Libs crave food stamps

Riverhead, NY

#13 Dec 9, 2012
Guns Dont Kill Unions Do wrote:
If you unionize these places, watch the prices go sky high and then in a few years they'll have to close down because the company can't afford the costs of doing business with union workers.
Ask Hostess why they shut down. Ask the car companies why they needed to be bailed out.
Insanity is repeating the mistakes hoping to get a different result.
Guns Dont Kill Unions Do

AOL

#14 Dec 10, 2012
Libs crave food stamps wrote:
<quoted text>
Insanity is repeating the mistakes hoping to get a different result.
Dealing with Unions will put any company out of business.
Village Mystery

Huntsville, AL

#15 Dec 10, 2012
my daddy supersizes fries wrote:
The fast food "jobs" were designed in the early '60s to be after school/summer jobs for teen agers. It gave them an intro to a work ethic and some responsibility with money. The franchise food explosion was based on that.
But some terminal dodos thought of it as a career choice and now want to buy a house in the burbs for flipping roach patties.
Lol.....but so so sad too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Run,Run, Run, The Republicans are Coming! (Jan '11) 3 min DAVID27 1,715
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 3 min Younohoo 18,823
Reasons to cheer For President Obama One, Two..... (Apr '12) 9 min DAVID27 936
News Hidden cameras show airport workers stealing 13 min Your Ex 56
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 36 min jimi-yank 35,482
Does God care how he is worshiped (Feb '10) 47 min God worships Israel 30
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER 49 min Younohoo 2,851
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 4 hr jimi-yank 315,114

Fire Warning for New York County was issued at April 18 at 11:50AM EDT

More from around the web

New York People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]