Islanders talk back

“she may be a murderer, but....”

Since: Dec 07

she'll ensure U cant prove it

#4927 Jul 10, 2013
is it me or does Cal Clutterbuck sound like some character name from a Disney movie ?
JackB

Monroe, NC

#4928 Jul 10, 2013
Guinness Drinker wrote:
is it me or does Cal Clutterbuck sound like some character name from a Disney movie ?
Sounds like a comic book character. Def brings some much needed grit to the softest team in the NHL. 7 more years of this "rebuild" and the Isles just might be getting somewhere.
RICH L

New York, NY

#4929 Jul 10, 2013
From what I gather all we got different from last year is Regin, Bouchard, and Clutterbuck, or is it Buttercluck? lol Hey Garth are you done? I certainly hope not, we need MORE, YOU need to get cracking, and do some work improving this team to at least make a run and get the hell out of the 1st round,next year, something not accomplished for 20 years.
JackB

Monroe, NC

#4930 Jul 11, 2013
RICH L wrote:
From what I gather all we got different from last year is Regin, Bouchard, and Clutterbuck, or is it Buttercluck? lol Hey Garth are you done? I certainly hope not, we need MORE, YOU need to get cracking, and do some work improving this team to at least make a run and get the hell out of the 1st round,next year, something not accomplished for 20 years.
Outside chance they bring in a goalie but my guess is that he's done. Anyone else making the team will be a prospect which is fine with me.
RICH L

New York, NY

#4931 Jul 11, 2013
JackB wrote:
<quoted text>
Outside chance they bring in a goalie but my guess is that he's done. Anyone else making the team will be a prospect which is fine with me.
Jack, I believe they are inundated with goalies, unless they are going to be used as pawns in a trade, then I would agree with you but as soon as Nabokov retires, I think the net will be handed over to Poulin, he is about the best they have at the present, and I'm sure no one wants Ricky D back, lol
JackB

Monroe, NC

#4932 Jul 12, 2013
RICH L wrote:
<quoted text>
Jack, I believe they are inundated with goalies, unless they are going to be used as pawns in a trade, then I would agree with you but as soon as Nabokov retires, I think the net will be handed over to Poulin, he is about the best they have at the present, and I'm sure no one wants Ricky D back, lol
They do have goalies but nobody ready for NHL action. They only played Poulin 4 games last year leaving him to rot on the bench and freeze his development. When playoffs came and Nabby stunk the place out they had nowhere to turn. The Pens had a real backup in Vokoun and it made a big difference for them. The Isles had nothing. Never prepared for the real world!
RICH L

New York, NY

#4933 Jul 13, 2013
JackB wrote:
<quoted text>
They do have goalies but nobody ready for NHL action. They only played Poulin 4 games last year leaving him to rot on the bench and freeze his development. When playoffs came and Nabby stunk the place out they had nowhere to turn. The Pens had a real backup in Vokoun and it made a big difference for them. The Isles had nothing. Never prepared for the real world!
That problem of oversight is due to cheap Charlie, and his GM clueless Snow, how these 2 are even involved with any hockey team is beyond me, probably explains why the Isles are still "stuck in the mud" so to speak for the last so many years.
JackB

Monroe, NC

#4934 Jul 13, 2013
RICH L wrote:
<quoted text>
That problem of oversight is due to cheap Charlie, and his GM clueless Snow, how these 2 are even involved with any hockey team is beyond me, probably explains why the Isles are still "stuck in the mud" so to speak for the last so many years.
Totally agree! As long as Wank is the owner the Isles will never be a contender.
RICH L

New York, NY

#4935 Jul 15, 2013
I'd be a little hesitant, and leery in giving Bailey a 5 year contract...

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/story/_/id/94...
JackB

Monroe, NC

#4936 Jul 16, 2013
RICH L wrote:
I'd be a little hesitant, and leery in giving Bailey a 5 year contract...
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/story/_/id/94...
3.3mil cap hit per year for Bailey? Can you believe that? One of the most worthless players on the team. What has he done to deserve not only 3.3mil but a 5 year deal as well. Another great move by fu*kup Chuck!
RICH L

New York, NY

#4937 Jul 16, 2013
All I can say is Bailey better "up" his game after that contract, and put an effort out, and to increase his goals, and not be a figure skater as he has already most of his early career, it's about time for him to show something for the entire season, and not a 2 week span before the playoffs start.
The Isles may not make the playoffs this year without everyone chipping in, the division is even tougher then last year, and they have to avoid their annual 20 game slides as they have in the recent past, that will fall on Cappy's head, and it would be nice if Garth blow makes another move to improve the team, especially on D where they are the most vulnerable. PS The same goes for Okposo.
JackB

Monroe, NC

#4938 Jul 21, 2013
RICH L wrote:
All I can say is Bailey better "up" his game after that contract, and put an effort out, and to increase his goals, and not be a figure skater as he has already most of his early career, it's about time for him to show something for the entire season, and not a 2 week span before the playoffs start.
The Isles may not make the playoffs this year without everyone chipping in, the division is even tougher then last year, and they have to avoid their annual 20 game slides as they have in the recent past, that will fall on Cappy's head, and it would be nice if Garth blow makes another move to improve the team, especially on D where they are the most vulnerable. PS The same goes for Okposo.
Bailey will never change. He has skill but lacks grit. You can't teach grit! The D is thin and as usual it will, along with goaltending be the big problem. This isn't going to be another 48 game season.A full season will wear down all the fluff players.
RICH L

New York, NY

#4939 Jul 22, 2013
JackB wrote:
<quoted text>
Bailey will never change. He has skill but lacks grit. You can't teach grit! The D is thin and as usual it will, along with goaltending be the big problem. This isn't going to be another 48 game season.A full season will wear down all the fluff players.

Fluff players lol, we do have a overabundance of "fluff players, and that is why we do need to have a couple of guys like Carkner, and Boulton on the squad" and I wish they had at least one more "headbanger" Martin is not in their class, although willing to a point, that usually doesn't guarantee a win in the art of fisticuffs on ice. Our D is a bit on the small side as well, as of this posting. Hope Snow gets someone else on D to clear people out of there and could take care of themselves when the people he clears out, gets an attitude.
JackB

Monroe, NC

#4940 Jul 23, 2013
RICH L wrote:
<quoted text>
Fluff players lol, we do have a overabundance of "fluff players, and that is why we do need to have a couple of guys like Carkner, and Boulton on the squad" and I wish they had at least one more "headbanger" Martin is not in their class, although willing to a point, that usually doesn't guarantee a win in the art of fisticuffs on ice. Our D is a bit on the small side as well, as of this posting. Hope Snow gets someone else on D to clear people out of there and could take care of themselves when the people he clears out, gets an attitude.
I think this whole Bailey thing sums it up. Any team that has Bailey as part of their "core group" as Snowang always puts it,
is a loser!
RICH L

New York, NY

#4941 Jul 23, 2013
JackB wrote:
<quoted text>
I think this whole Bailey thing sums it up. Any team that has Bailey as part of their "core group" as Snowang always puts it,
is a loser!
Wang, and Snow must have sat around for a bit and decided to sign Bailey, for ominous reasons, I can see the meeting now,

Wang: hey Garth, if we sign Bailey to a 5 year contract do you think it will piss off many Isle fans?
Snow: I certainly believe, and hope so Charles,
Wang: so lets do it, ok?
Snow: Yeah sure Charles lets do it, tee hee
Wang: ha ha , this will get them really mad, almost as mad as when we signed Oleg Kvasha,
Yes, Ho Ho
2 effing losers without a effing clue.
JackB

Monroe, NC

#4942 Jul 24, 2013
RICH L wrote:
<quoted text>
Wang, and Snow must have sat around for a bit and decided to sign Bailey, for ominous reasons, I can see the meeting now,
Wang: hey Garth, if we sign Bailey to a 5 year contract do you think it will piss off many Isle fans?
Snow: I certainly believe, and hope so Charles,
Wang: so lets do it, ok?
Snow: Yeah sure Charles lets do it, tee hee
Wang: ha ha , this will get them really mad, almost as mad as when we signed Oleg Kvasha,
Yes, Ho Ho
2 effing losers without a effing clue.
I think the conversation goes more like this.
Wank: Snow, you pretend be GM but I make all decision.
Snow: Yes Charles, whatever you say.
Wank: Happy you see my way or I fire you. Now get on you knees and have some lap chow!
RICH L

New York, NY

#4943 Jul 25, 2013
JackB wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the conversation goes more like this.
Wank: Snow, you pretend be GM but I make all decision.
Snow: Yes Charles, whatever you say.
Wank: Happy you see my way or I fire you. Now get on you knees and have some lap chow!
Are you implying here that Garth Blow er Snow, eats Wangs egg roll. lol
JackB

Monroe, NC

#4944 Jul 25, 2013
RICH L wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you implying here that Garth Blow er Snow, eats Wangs egg roll. lol
If the eggroll fits....
RICH L

New York, NY

#4945 Jul 26, 2013
I often wonder where this team would be now if it was Wang who was incarcerated, and if Kumar was running it, would it be a better product then it currently is, or perhaps worse, or perhaps status quo. Jack, Have you ever thought of that, and where do you think it would be at now? I'm interested to hear what you think. RICH L
JackB

Monroe, NC

#4946 Jul 27, 2013
RICH L wrote:
I often wonder where this team would be now if it was Wang who was incarcerated, and if Kumar was running it, would it be a better product then it currently is, or perhaps worse, or perhaps status quo. Jack, Have you ever thought of that, and where do you think it would be at now? I'm interested to hear what you think. RICH L
Actually Rich, I never really thought about it. Interesting subject though. The first thing that pops into my head is that it's like wondering if you would want terminal cancer or aids. You gonna die a miserable death from both so it really doesn't matter much. Both Wank and Kumar are scumbag criminals and it's frustrating to live with the fact that Wank owns and has done everything he can to help destroy this once proud franchise. Neither one has or will ever have a clue as to how to run a hockey team so.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The United Hates of America (Sep '10) 7 min 2 Dogs 2,435
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 20 min Princess Hey 15,389
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 32 min Paul Yanks 329,667
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 43 min zach 311,329
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 44 min Princess Hey 14,606
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 49 min Fed up Mets fan 40,146
Whine and Cheese: Where are the crackers (Dec '09) 1 hr 2 Dogs 1,072
More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages