Comments
2,221 - 2,240 of 4,787 Comments Last updated Tuesday Aug 19

“Only in America...”

Since: Aug 07

Union, NJ

#2425 Oct 5, 2009
Guinness Drinker wrote:
oh, those poor Islander fans; after a pationate home opener and the debut of their stud draft pick, the owner decides to explore other options. Smart guy that Wang; he makes the announcement AFTER the big walkup sale for tickets
We all knew about this months ago. Oct 3 was a hard deadline for the town of hempstead to give a decision to Wang. He simply stuck to his word.

It has nothing to do with the game, walk up sales, or draft picks.
jackb60

Kannapolis, NC

#2426 Oct 5, 2009
Johnny Islander wrote:
<quoted text>
The "Half-salary" part of waiver transactions only applies when a player is claimed on re-entry waivers. When a player clears waivers and is sent down to the AHL, in order to be re-called to the NHL, he needs to clear re-entry waivers. If the player is picked up on re-entry, the team that waived him is responsible for half the players salary.
Generally that is true but it does depend on weather they are waiver eligible or not and what type of contract they have. Lots of stupid conditions.
DDIF

Whippany, NJ

#2427 Oct 6, 2009
Johnny Islander wrote:
<quoted text>
The "Half-salary" part of waiver transactions only applies when a player is claimed on re-entry waivers. When a player clears waivers and is sent down to the AHL, in order to be re-called to the NHL, he needs to clear re-entry waivers. If the player is picked up on re-entry, the team that waived him is responsible for half the players salary.
So in the case of Schremp.......?? Isles are paying his whole salary? Then if they send him down he's gotta clear and if someone picks him up the Isles would pay half his salary? Or do I have that wrong?
DDIF

Whippany, NJ

#2428 Oct 6, 2009
So did anyone see that first game? Nobody commented. Insider might still be inside the barn sleeping it off. Rich probably saw number 11 on Thompson's back and freaked.(JK!!!)

Well I was pretty happy with what I saw. I realllllly didn't expect to see them doing anything but chasing all night. I know it's only one game and I don't want to get carried away. But I liked Okposo and I saw a couple of Bailey's passes which were great. And I was glad Tavares got his 1st goal out of the way. I would have definately been on the losing side if I had bet on him getting one in his first game lol. Gervais was a little shaky with getting the puck out again. He is such a question mark with me.
RichD

New York, NY

#2429 Oct 6, 2009
DDIF wrote:
Rich probably saw number 11 on Thompson's back and freaked.(JK!!!)
LOL, yeah that is one number that should be retired, but for the WRONG reason.

I was sitting in the Beacon Theater Sat nite, so I missed the opener. But taking the Pens to OT ain't bad!
jackb60

Kannapolis, NC

#2430 Oct 6, 2009
DDIF wrote:
So did anyone see that first game? Nobody commented. Insider might still be inside the barn sleeping it off. Rich probably saw number 11 on Thompson's back and freaked.(JK!!!)
Well I was pretty happy with what I saw. I realllllly didn't expect to see them doing anything but chasing all night. I know it's only one game and I don't want to get carried away. But I liked Okposo and I saw a couple of Bailey's passes which were great. And I was glad Tavares got his 1st goal out of the way. I would have definately been on the losing side if I had bet on him getting one in his first game lol. Gervais was a little shaky with getting the puck out again. He is such a question mark with me.
The game was pretty good. Just couldn't hold the lead. Alot of hustle and a goal for the kid which was a relief for everyone. He was good on the face offs. Wish we got to see Schremp. Aside from still having no 1st line the only other glaring weakness is the lack of size that has us loosing the battles for the puck in both zones. We'd be a very different team if we could win more along the boards.
Wrecker sent down today. WTF is Snowang thinking. It was bad enough getting pushed around last year but now with JT and still no enforcer Snowang is flirting with dissaster. Maybe he didn't see the game against Calgary.
Isle Insider

United States

#2431 Oct 6, 2009
DDIF wrote:
LoL! It was not a sleeper! I was very impressed with how the Islanders Played. Although they lost it to a bad 3rd period and then the shoot out.
Tavares look very good for his first game. He seems to fit right in which is great and he seems to be in the right spots to get his shots at the net. This kid is going to be a star, no doubt!
And Okposo impressed me the most, he was all over the ice seting up plays he looked good. And where did this Kid Moulson come from, i like him he showed skill with the puck and has a nose for the net.
Overall i was very impressed with the way they handle themselves it was a fast moving game with hits and goals, i had a good time.
I wish beer prices would go down!
i will not get ahead of myself here because it is only the first game and we do have our first loss. But the kids looked good.
Oh ya and Roloson looked ok in the game however he sucked in the shoot out.
Isle Insider

United States

#2432 Oct 6, 2009
I just have to say this about the Rags, this kid Gilroy from the island looks like another Brian Leetch. He Handles the puck real well and has a nose for the net. Nice signing to bad for the isles on him passing them up for the rags.
jackb60

Kannapolis, NC

#2433 Oct 6, 2009
Isle Insider wrote:
I just have to say this about the Rags, this kid Gilroy from the island looks like another Brian Leetch. He Handles the puck real well and has a nose for the net. Nice signing to bad for the isles on him passing them up for the rags.
He's no dummy. He got 1.75mil from the Rags. Snowang wants to offer everyone league minimum.
Isle Insider

United States

#2434 Oct 7, 2009
jackb60 wrote:
<quoted text>
He's no dummy. He got 1.75mil from the Rags. Snowang wants to offer everyone league minimum.
Very true! the Islanders either sign 1-2 yr deals and offer the base pay for what! They get on the merry go round and then they are off to another club to perform and get paid.
Isle Insider

United States

#2435 Oct 7, 2009
jackb60 wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard that Gilroy did not want to play for the Islanders for the sole reason that the coliseum is old and it leaks. LoL!!
Isn't that why FA's dont want to play here either!
Isle Insider

United States

#2436 Oct 7, 2009
Well Weight will be in the lineup for thursdays game. So we will see how he looks on the Line with okposo and Tavares who i think will be his line mates.
I liked Witts hit in the pens game, he needs to keep that up! I wonder if Biron gets the call?
jackb60

Kannapolis, NC

#2437 Oct 7, 2009
Isle Insider wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard that Gilroy did not want to play for the Islanders for the sole reason that the coliseum is old and it leaks. LoL!!
Isn't that why FA's dont want to play here either!
Oh yea, I forgot about the building. It's never about the money or the losing tradition ownership has worked so hard to maintain. As if MSG is any better. I'm so confused.
Isle Insider

United States

#2438 Oct 7, 2009
jackb60 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yea, I forgot about the building. It's never about the money or the losing tradition ownership has worked so hard to maintain. As if MSG is any better. I'm so confused.
lol, me to!
Isle Insider

United States

#2439 Oct 8, 2009
Let's Go Islanders, I hope they win tonight!
DDIF

Whippany, NJ

#2440 Oct 8, 2009
Isle Insider wrote:
Let's Go Islanders, I hope they win tonight!
Same here! And no injuries!
jackb60

Kannapolis, NC

#2441 Oct 8, 2009
DDIF wrote:
<quoted text>
Same here! And no injuries!
I'm anxious to see Schremp play. Been hearing about his skill level since before he was drafted. Seems to have the same problems Nilson has. Maybe he'll come thru for us.
DDIF

Elizabeth, NJ

#2442 Oct 8, 2009
jackb60 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm anxious to see Schremp play. Been hearing about his skill level since before he was drafted. Seems to have the same problems Nilson has. Maybe he'll come thru for us.
I heard that too. I don't know much about him and haven't done any research. The game's about to start so I guess we'll find out.

I can't believe how much they're playing up the whole "Doug Weight is a born leader" thing. I've felt he should wear the C since last winter, but give it a rest people, you don't need to keep telling us! I don't want any jinxes! I hate these pregames sometimes.

“2014 ! The Bar is Open !”

Since: Dec 07

Daytona Beach

#2443 Oct 12, 2009
what happened last Saturday ? pation for 53 minutes then light out. Gotta pin that one on Coach Overload
HOHUM

Hampton Bays, NY

#2444 Oct 12, 2009
Afternoon game today..... maybe the kids will stay awake for all 3 periods!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 13 min Pearl Jam 305,451
USA and ISIS in Iraq 35 min nac 46
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr SpaceBlues 46,324
Review: Hair Decor Unisex 1 hr Ann 2
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 1 hr YANKEES 4 LIFE 307,466
Review: Erik's Barbershop 2 hr John 3
The United Hates of America (Sep '10) 3 hr 58-59 - MUSLIM SA... 1,456
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 15 hr the real deal 10,343
•••

New York News Video

•••
•••

New York Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000