“Go Ahead Liberal, Make My Day”

Since: Dec 07

Florida...home of Trump

#8161 Aug 21, 2013
JETS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> I think Rex will be gone despite what they do.... Thank God because his name shouldn't never come up ever again with the Jets lol.....
Geno may not be ready, but in my opinion I would start him over Sanchez any day of the week lol..... It's fine with you that he's the starter over Geno, but in my opinion his time is coming to an end....
Sanchez will be the starter; I don't believe the Kid has enough reps from both practice and playing. When Sanchez throws his 4th pick six after the Pats game in week 2, the coach will make the change.
reddevil76

Blythewood, SC

#8162 Aug 21, 2013
JETS 4 LIFE wrote:
Report: Geno Smith to start against Giants.....
While the Browns and Eagles have called an end to their quarterback competitions, the Jets have given no indication that they are close to tabbing either Mark Sanchez or Geno Smith as their man under center.
In the latest sign that things are still up in the air, Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports that Smith will start against the Giants in the team’s third preseason game unless he has a setback with his sprained ankle during practice this week.
Smith did not play against the Jaguars last Saturday night, while Sanchez had his second straight inconsistent outing of the preseason. Sanchez moved the Jets down the field well twice, but threw an interception later in his outing and failed to do enough to make further consideration unnecessary.
And that’s probably the best thing for the Jets because there’s not much point in having a quarterback competition if you’re not going to evaluate both players with the starting offense. What Smith will have to do to win the job for the regular season is unclear, although putting forth an effort that hints at a higher level of reliability than Sanchez has provided the team would be a pretty good place to start.
Its my opinion that after 3rd game of preseason every team should have the QB position settled, unless you really don't have one. I believe the next QB to lead the Jets to the playoffs is not on current roster.
JETS 4 LIFE

United States

#8164 Aug 21, 2013
Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
Sanchez will be the starter; I don't believe the Kid has enough reps from both practice and playing. When Sanchez throws his 4th pick six after the Pats game in week 2, the coach will make the change.
I agree that he is not ready, but I was maybe thinking that if Smith does well in his start, since the reports said he would, then he would leapfrog Sanchez for the starting job....

4th pick six in 2 weeks?.... Omg I hope and pray that you are wrong about this one because that sounds horrible.... We shall see....
JETS 4 LIFE

United States

#8165 Aug 21, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
<quoted text>Its my opinion that after 3rd game of preseason every team should have the QB position settled, unless you really don't have one. I believe the next QB to lead the Jets to the playoffs is not on current roster.
You could be right, but we shall see as times goes on..... It's only my opinion that maybe Geno can be good and maybe he can be the franchise player..... Who knows what's going to happen and that's why they play the game....

Florida...home of Trump

#8166 Aug 22, 2013
JETS 4 LIFE wrote:
<quoted text> I agree that he is not ready, but I was maybe thinking that if Smith does well in his start, since the reports said he would, then he would leapfrog Sanchez for the starting job....
4th pick six in 2 weeks?.... Omg I hope and pray that you are wrong about this one because that sounds horrible.... We shall see....
I hope so too; but from the first two weeks, Sanchez hasn't learned anything. He can't complain about the protection because the O-Line so far has been solid
JETS 4 LIFE

Darby, PA

#8167 Aug 22, 2013
Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope so too; but from the first two weeks, Sanchez hasn't learned anything. He can't complain about the protection because the O-Line so far has been solid
We shall see what he does when the regular season starts..... O line has done a good job in protection..... At least it can't get worse than the butt fumble.....lol....
JETS 4 LIFE

Darby, PA

#8168 Aug 22, 2013
FLORHAM PARK, N.J.(AP)-- The New York Jets signed veteran wide receiver Mohamed Massaquoi on Thursday to add depth to their receiving corps.

Massaquoi was cut by Jacksonville on Monday after signing a two-year deal in April. He had two catches for 15 yards in the Jaguars' preseason loss to the Jets on Saturday night.

Massaquoi was drafted by Cleveland in the second round out of Georgia in 2009. Massaquoi had 118 catches for 1,745 yards and seven touchdowns in four seasons with the Browns.

The signing by the Jets on Thursday comes as Braylon Edwards has sat out of practice all week because of a leg injury. Coach Rex Ryan wouldn't rule out Edwards against the Giants, but said the signing of Massaquoi adds competition to the position.
JETS 4 LIFE

Melrose Park, IL

#8169 Aug 24, 2013
ESPNNewYork.com | August 23, 2013

Two days after casting doubt on an imminent return, New York Jets wide receiver Santonio Holmes -- 10 months removed from foot surgery -- was added to the active roster Friday after a month on the physically unable to perform list.

There was suspicion within the organization that Holmes simply wanted to skip training camp. As one source said recently, "He could be milking it and feel fine by Week 1."

This hardly guarantees that he'll play against the Bucs. Holmes noted Wednesday that he has been limited to straight-ahead running, no hard cutting.

But if the Jets didn't expect him to play early in the season, they would've left him on the PUP list to start the year, meaning he'd miss a minimum of six games.

We shall see how this plays out because he knows he may get cut after the season and he wants to be fully healthy...... All a business....
JETS 4 LIFE

Union, NJ

#8171 Aug 25, 2013
Well game 3 of the preseason is in the books for the Jets and it was by far one of the craziest preseason games I have ever seen .... On top of that it went to over time lol.....

Let's start with the good....... Well there was no good.... I guess the run defense did ok only after they gave up a 84 yard rushing td to Wilson..... That's about it for the good.....

Now for the bad.... Geno had a ruff game.... Not shocking though because he missed time and he'sa rookie.... 1 td 3 ints, but he did get the ball down field..... 5 turnovers overall..... You do that in the regular season you will go 3-13......

Now for the ugly.... Sanchez, who I think was not going to play at all, was sent into the game in the 4th to play behind a second string o line.... He gets hurt... Smart move Rex..... MRI is today on his shoulder..... He also had a turnover which is not surprising either lol.....

So depending on the MRI Geno may be the starter.... I know he is not ready, but if you have no choice throw him in there and let him learn.....This is going to be a wild and crazy season.... It is what it is and whatever happens it's suppose to.happen.... Can't wait for the season....
reddevil76

Blythewood, SC

#8172 Aug 25, 2013
Can't wait for the NBA season, nothing exciting about the Jets or Giants.
JETS 4 LIFE

Union, NJ

#8173 Aug 25, 2013
Things are bad for the New York Jets. Geno Smith threw three picks and ran out of the end zone to give the Giants two points. Mark Sanchez struggled, too, but left in the fourth quarter with a shoulder injury.

Ryan put Sanchez into the game in the fourth quarter with the backups because he wanted to win ... a preseason game.

Soon enough he lost it. Pressed about making a decision on who the starter would be, a frustrated Ryan mentioned America, freedom of speech and followed that with a helpful demonstration of all the different ways he could answer that question.

Sadly, not being able to name a starter right now is probably the one nugget of sanity in the whole thing.

Oh those Jets lol.... Rex will be gone sooner than we think.... You can't make this stuff up....
JETS 4 LIFE

Union, NJ

#8174 Aug 25, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
Can't wait for the NBA season, nothing exciting about the Jets or Giants.
Lol naw.... Football is wayyyyyyy better and more exciting than basketball.... It's just a game and not a life or death situation.... GMEN I think will be fine for the season.... Jets well there is plenty of room in the abyss lol...
JETS 4 LIFE

United States

#8175 Aug 25, 2013
Sanchez Out vs. PHI, Day-to-Day

Jets QB Mark Sanchez has an injured right shoulder and will not be in the lineup Thursday night when the team wraps up its preseason slate at home against the Philadelphia Eagles. His status is day-to-day.

Rex you are a genius...... You will be fired soon.....

Florida...home of Trump

#8176 Aug 26, 2013
Yeah, dumb move by Rex; he just gave Sanchez a taste of the future. Next pre-season, he'll probably be playing in the 4th Qtr of every game.
JETS 4 LIFE

United States

#8177 Aug 26, 2013
Guinness Drinker wrote:
Yeah, dumb move by Rex; he just gave Sanchez a taste of the future. Next pre-season, he'll probably be playing in the 4th Qtr of every game.
Rex is just a moron and that press conference really showed he had no answer for his decision... It's really sad to see and if they are terrible he will be gone during the year....
reddevil76

Blythewood, SC

#8179 Aug 26, 2013
reddevil76 wrote:
<quoted text>Its my opinion that after 3rd game of preseason every team should have the QB position settled, unless you really don't have one. I believe the next QB to lead the Jets to the playoffs is not on current roster.
I believe this is the case, no doubt about it.
Cory

Weaverville, NC

#8180 Aug 26, 2013
What's all the fuss last I checked the Jets won Saturday night and out passed the Giants by a 2 1/2 - 1 margain, is the Jet quarterbacking that bad or is the Giants defense terrible ?

“Lets go Mets/JETS”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#8181 Aug 30, 2013
Just got word from a high ranking Jets front office person that the future 2013 offensive rookie of the year Gino will start week 1. Always nice to open the season with a win
JETS 4 LIFE

Lawrence, MA

#8182 Aug 30, 2013
TMAN_Mets wrote:
Just got word from a high ranking Jets front office person that the future 2013 offensive rookie of the year Gino will start week 1. Always nice to open the season with a win
Stay off this forum and also if Geno does start we all know what you are going to say about your boy Sanchez which is "Good Riddance"....
JETS 4 LIFE

Lawrence, MA

#8183 Aug 30, 2013
Mark Sanchez May Be Sidelined For Jets Opener by Dan Alexander August 30, 2013 1:13 PM

Quarterback Mark Sanchez may be on the sidelines for the Jets season opener on Sunday, September 8 against Tampa Bay because of his shoulder injury.

NFL.com reports that Sanchez, who did not play in the Jets final pre-season game on Thursday against the Eagles, has a deep right shoulder injury and there is a “growing understanding” rookie Geno Smith will make the start.

Sanchez did not play Thursday night’s final pre-season game against the Eagles. Third string quarterback Matt Simms, son of Giants great Phil Simms, was 33-for-44 for 285 yards in the Jets 27-20 win.

Sanchez suffered the injury last weekend against the Giants when Sanchez went into the game in the fourth quarter. Coach Rex Ryan has been criticized by some for putting his starter in a pre-season game and is considered to be day-to-day.

Well if Gino plays well or even shows glimpses of being good then Sanchez may have taken his last snap as a Jet..... Geno may not be ready, but throw him in there and let's him learn.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 min Simpleton 317,619
Who injected politics into football? 10 min Simpleton 1
Bill Clinton married Anthony Weiner 22 min Goodbye Anthony 1
blacky shoots up church 42 min WATCHING LIVONIA 3
Do not take a knee on Sunday NFL 44 min WATCHING LIVONIA 8
Giants talk back (Dec '06) 48 min jimi-yank 6,825
The United Hates of America (Sep '10) 1 hr ThrILLa 3,103

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance