W.Va.'s Manchin: Time to rethink gun ...

W.Va.'s Manchin: Time to rethink gun legislation

There are 7 comments on the WLS-AM Chicago story from Dec 17, 2012, titled W.Va.'s Manchin: Time to rethink gun legislation. In it, WLS-AM Chicago reports that:

Sen. Joe Manchin, a lifelong member of the National Rifle Association, says it's time to discuss gun policy and move toward action on gun regulation following the school shooting in Connecticut that killed 20 children.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLS-AM Chicago.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#1 Dec 17, 2012
... and the blame games start all over again. The last round of politicizing a tragedy to play the blame game finally faded into the night. Gah. Once every three years.

“Open your eyes”

Since: Sep 09

Central Florida

#2 Dec 17, 2012
*sigh* It's not the guns.

This was another disturbed individual with apparent mental issues.

Let's look at what meds this guy was on.
Lance Winslow

San Jose, CA

#3 Dec 17, 2012
Kahoki wrote:
*sigh* It's not the guns.
This was another disturbed individual with apparent mental issues.
Let's look at what meds this guy was on.
None of the kids were shot by meds.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#4 Dec 17, 2012
Lance Winslow wrote:
<quoted text>None of the kids were shot by meds.
No, and without guns you have a million other, most far more horrible, ways of killing people ... and often a lot more people ... using nothing more than common household items.

Dare you to mix bleach and ammonia. Face it, the blame game just wastes time and destroys the value of the lost lives, if you want to ruin their memories by playing "who gets the finger" then you are part of the wrong species.
duh

Abilene, TX

#5 Dec 17, 2012
Lance Winslow wrote:
no of the kids where shot with a gun ether. just like no car has ever killed anyone.

“Open your eyes”

Since: Sep 09

Central Florida

#6 Dec 17, 2012
Lance Winslow wrote:
You sir, are an idiot.

The guns did not kill the children either. However, the disturbed guy that was more than likely on some form of perscription drugs did.

There is the problem.

Time and time again we look into the mass shootings and there is a common theme. That theme is that these guys are on some form of prescription drugs. Usually anti-depressants. The columbine kids, on Prozac. Hassan in Fort Hood? Self prescribing anti-depressants. The dude in CO? Look at him and tell me he is not on drugs. And was seeing a shrink.

Bottom line here. These prescription drugs alter the mind chemistry. You see the ads, hell we all do. Where the side effects alone are worst than the actual cause to take the drugs. Like the suicidal thoughts and violent tendencies.

But no body is looking and asking if the guys was on some form of prescritpion drugs. And why? Think it would have anything to do with big pharma spending millions on ad spots in the media? Or possibly the millions they spend on campaign contributions?

The United States has the largest prescription drug taking society in the world. That should tell you something.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#7 Dec 17, 2012
Kahoki wrote:
<quoted text>
You sir, are an idiot.
The guns did not kill the children either. However, the disturbed guy that was more than likely on some form of perscription drugs did.
There is the problem.
Time and time again we look into the mass shootings and there is a common theme. That theme is that these guys are on some form of prescription drugs. Usually anti-depressants. The columbine kids, on Prozac. Hassan in Fort Hood? Self prescribing anti-depressants. The dude in CO? Look at him and tell me he is not on drugs. And was seeing a shrink.
Bottom line here. These prescription drugs alter the mind chemistry. You see the ads, hell we all do. Where the side effects alone are worst than the actual cause to take the drugs. Like the suicidal thoughts and violent tendencies.
But no body is looking and asking if the guys was on some form of prescritpion drugs. And why? Think it would have anything to do with big pharma spending millions on ad spots in the media? Or possibly the millions they spend on campaign contributions?
The United States has the largest prescription drug taking society in the world. That should tell you something.
As much as I hate it, I have to agree with almost everything you stated here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr Susanm 322,226
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 3 hr what a russsh 18,914
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 3 hr what a russsh 17,757
President Trump==>>the Former YUGOSLAVS ARE NOT... 3 hr Pinhead 2
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 3 hr Pinhead 45,905
ROY - '' But I HAD their Mothers' Persimmons '... 4 hr The Last Warrior ... 4
We VS We (Nov '09) 5 hr 2 Dogs 2,680
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... (Nov '16) 16 hr Nemo 5,944
Topix Human Sexuality Forum Discontinued (Jun '16) Wed rthunder14 1,833

New York Jobs