Will Rush be next to go down?
ILAL

Bronx, NY

#178 Mar 15, 2014
ZCs wrote:
Tick Tock!!!!!!!!!!
Hey Limbaugh' Bootlickers, can you smell what Tyson is cooking!!!!!!!!
The hits keep coming for The Flush Rush Facebook community.
Today activists received word from Tyson Foods that the company was working to remove its ads from the Rush Limbaugh Show--and indeed from political talk in general:
Tyson foods last year had revenue of $33 billion and ranks as the world's second largest food production company and largest producer of meat.
The company has apparently decided it's not worth the risk to hitch its brand and reputation to the reckless and bigoted mouth of Tea Party radio host Rush Limbaugh.
Decent folks who believe in tolerance and equality are no longer powerless against Rush Limbaugh's efforts to spread intolerance on the radio. StopRush is making a major impact by convincing advertisers on this show to withdraw their ads--and with your help we can do even more. Just a few emails, tweets, or Facebook messages a week to Limbaugh's advertisers can go a long way toward making hatred less profitable. It is our collective voice that makes us strong.
That's a good thing, he spews hate, lies and misinformation to 1 percent of the American population.
He's one of the worst this society has to offer.
ZCs

New York, NY

#179 Apr 18, 2014
Tick Tock!!!!!!!!!!

Could the end really be in sight? Is Rush Limbaugh now sounding like he’ll say anything — a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g — to try and press the ideological hot buttons to please his audience, even if it seems like he’s cleaerly straining? Has the whale truly jumped the shark?

Forbes’ Rick Ungar thinks so. At issue is CBS’s announcement that it has signed Stephen Colbert to replace the great David Letterman. The announcement seemingly made conservative talkers go ballistic — with Limbaugh (as usual) leading the pack and characterizing CBS’s choice as an attack on the “heartland.” Limbaugh’s riff has been a godsend to cartoonists.

His words got lots of new and old media play:“CBS has just declared war on the heartland of America,” Limbaugh announced.“No longer is comedy going to be a covert assault on traditional American values, conservatism. Now it’s just wide out in the open. What this hire means is a redefinition of what is funny, and a redefinition of what is comedy. They’re blowing up the 11:30 format… they hired a partisan, so-called comedian, to run a comedy show.”
Republicans are IDIOTS

Bronx, NY

#180 Apr 19, 2014
ZCs wrote:
Tick Tock!!!!!!!!!!
Could the end really be in sight? Is Rush Limbaugh now sounding like he’ll say anything — a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g — to try and press the ideological hot buttons to please his audience, even if it seems like he’s cleaerly straining? Has the whale truly jumped the shark?
Forbes’ Rick Ungar thinks so. At issue is CBS’s announcement that it has signed Stephen Colbert to replace the great David Letterman. The announcement seemingly made conservative talkers go ballistic — with Limbaugh (as usual) leading the pack and characterizing CBS’s choice as an attack on the “heartland.” Limbaugh’s riff has been a godsend to cartoonists.
His words got lots of new and old media play:“CBS has just declared war on the heartland of America,” Limbaugh announced.“No longer is comedy going to be a covert assault on traditional American values, conservatism. Now it’s just wide out in the open. What this hire means is a redefinition of what is funny, and a redefinition of what is comedy. They’re blowing up the 11:30 format… they hired a partisan, so-called comedian, to run a comedy show.”
That's why they kicked him off WABC, his type is no longer wanted on the airwaves, he's a hate spewing lunatic.
ZCs

New York, NY

#181 May 10, 2014
Republicans are IDIOTS wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why they kicked him off WABC, his type is no longer wanted on the airwaves, he's a hate spewing lunatic.
Exactly!!!!!!!!!!
ZCs

New York, NY

#182 May 31, 2014
LOL!!!!!!!!!!

transgender caller dialed up Rush Limbaugh and schooled him about his Antonin Scalia anti-gay views including mocking the transgender group by calling them "trannys." Rushbo knows full well how to use words in the most offensive fashion possible.

Catherine Taibi:

Rush Limbaugh got a long overdue lesson on Thursday when a transgender caller, Tina, smacked down his use of the word "tranny."

While attempting to defend himself against the caller's claim that he is anti-transgender rights, Limbaugh assured her that he has "been for trannies for a long time."

“Well actually, I did hear you using that term,” Tina said. "And a lot of us do find that to be rather offensive because of the way that it's been historically used."

"Tranny is offensive?" Rush responded. "I heard Alec Baldwin use the term."

Limbaugh then proceeded to explain that he thought the term was "cool and hip" because Baldwin used it in a New York Magazine article in February. To be clear, Baldwin wrote the article after coming under fire for alleged homophobic outburstsand the use of anti-gay slurs.

Tina stressed that the term is neither "cool" nor "hip" and is not appreciated by those genuinely fighting for transgender rights. Still, moments later, Limbaugh appeared to have learned nothing from the lesson.

"How do people know you're a tranny?" he asked.

Sigh.
ILAL

Bronx, NY

#183 May 31, 2014
ZCs wrote:
LOL!!!!!!!!!!
transgender caller dialed up Rush Limbaugh and schooled him about his Antonin Scalia anti-gay views including mocking the transgender group by calling them "trannys." Rushbo knows full well how to use words in the most offensive fashion possible.
Catherine Taibi:
Rush Limbaugh got a long overdue lesson on Thursday when a transgender caller, Tina, smacked down his use of the word "tranny."
While attempting to defend himself against the caller's claim that he is anti-transgender rights, Limbaugh assured her that he has "been for trannies for a long time."
“Well actually, I did hear you using that term,” Tina said. "And a lot of us do find that to be rather offensive because of the way that it's been historically used."
"Tranny is offensive?" Rush responded. "I heard Alec Baldwin use the term."
Limbaugh then proceeded to explain that he thought the term was "cool and hip" because Baldwin used it in a New York Magazine article in February. To be clear, Baldwin wrote the article after coming under fire for alleged homophobic outburstsand the use of anti-gay slurs.
Tina stressed that the term is neither "cool" nor "hip" and is not appreciated by those genuinely fighting for transgender rights. Still, moments later, Limbaugh appeared to have learned nothing from the lesson.
"How do people know you're a tranny?" he asked.
Sigh.
The ignorance of Rush Limbaugh, the pill popping hypocrite who washes them down with a regular dose of Hater - Aid.
ZCs

New York, NY

#185 Sep 27, 2014
Tick Tock!!!!!!!!!!

For well over two years, many people have been working online through social media to engage Rush Limbaugh's sponsors and encourage them to drop their sponsorship of Limbaugh's show. Their message is simple: When they sponsor Limbaugh, they sponsor hate.

They've been effective. They listen to the show, they take note of the sponsors, and they reach out and ask them whether they realize they're sponsoring hate radio. They encourage them to drop their sponsorships, but if the sponsor chooses not to, they will choose not to do business with that sponsor.

This is not a project undertaken by just a few people. This is a movement organized on Facebook and Twitter, dedicated to seeing hate radio become a dying breed. They believe that hate radio poisons our politics and creates an atmosphere of extremism.

This has Rush Limbaugh very worried. So worried, in fact, that he has chosen to unleash his hired crisis consultant, Brian Glicklich, on the ordinary people who are dedicated to continuing the effort.

On Tuesday, Glicklich mounted a media blitz against 10 people who are associated with the StopRush effort, and who chose to use pseudonyms online because they saw what happened to those of us who stepped up in the beginning and used our real names. He didn't just smear them. He published their full names, cities of residence, Facebook account names, and some "fun facts" about them.

He then shopped the Rush article to The Blaze, Daily Caller, Fox News' The Five, and more*. The first two helpfully assisted with publishing the information and getting the word out so that these ordinary people could be exposed to the special kind of harassment by Rush followers that was rained down on me and others in the earliest days of the StopRush effort.

Hate speech, you see, is something Rush and his followers value highly, and it is not to be opposed in any way. They fail to understand the nuance of the StopRush effort; that is, that we acknowledge Limbaugh's freedom to spew all the hate he wants over the airwaves, but we are not obligated to patronize the sponsors who pay to keep him there.
ILAL

Bronx, NY

#186 Sep 28, 2014
ZCs wrote:
Tick Tock!!!!!!!!!!
For well over two years, many people have been working online through social media to engage Rush Limbaugh's sponsors and encourage them to drop their sponsorship of Limbaugh's show. Their message is simple: When they sponsor Limbaugh, they sponsor hate.
They've been effective. They listen to the show, they take note of the sponsors, and they reach out and ask them whether they realize they're sponsoring hate radio. They encourage them to drop their sponsorships, but if the sponsor chooses not to, they will choose not to do business with that sponsor.
This is not a project undertaken by just a few people. This is a movement organized on Facebook and Twitter, dedicated to seeing hate radio become a dying breed. They believe that hate radio poisons our politics and creates an atmosphere of extremism.
This has Rush Limbaugh very worried. So worried, in fact, that he has chosen to unleash his hired crisis consultant, Brian Glicklich, on the ordinary people who are dedicated to continuing the effort.
On Tuesday, Glicklich mounted a media blitz against 10 people who are associated with the StopRush effort, and who chose to use pseudonyms online because they saw what happened to those of us who stepped up in the beginning and used our real names. He didn't just smear them. He published their full names, cities of residence, Facebook account names, and some "fun facts" about them.
He then shopped the Rush article to The Blaze, Daily Caller, Fox News' The Five, and more*. The first two helpfully assisted with publishing the information and getting the word out so that these ordinary people could be exposed to the special kind of harassment by Rush followers that was rained down on me and others in the earliest days of the StopRush effort.
Hate speech, you see, is something Rush and his followers value highly, and it is not to be opposed in any way. They fail to understand the nuance of the StopRush effort; that is, that we acknowledge Limbaugh's freedom to spew all the hate he wants over the airwaves, but we are not obligated to patronize the sponsors who pay to keep him there.
The sponsors are dropping that nitwit like a bad habit.
Limbaugh is an over paid wackjob whose daily diatribes are nothing but hatred.
ZCs

New York, NY

#187 Dec 26, 2014
There's a very good chance actor Idris Elba could take over the role of James Bond after Daniel Craig makes his exit. Last week, an email leaked in the Sony hacking scandal in which Sony Pictures Entertainment co-chairman Amy Pascal said she believes the "Luthor" star would be perfect for the role of 007.

The suggestion has long been rumored and received a lot of praise from Hollywood but controversial commentator Rush Limbaugh thinks it is a horrible idea. On Tuesday (Dec. 23) during his news program, Limbaugh told listeners that Elba shouldn't play Bond because he's black.

"James Bond is a total concept put together by Ian Fleming. He was white and Scottish. Period. That is who James Bond is," Limbaugh said. "But now Sony is suggesting that the next James Bond should be Idris Elba, a black Briton, rather than a white from Scotland. But that's not who James Bond is."

"I know it's racist to probably point this out," he added.

Before Limbaugh made his comments, Elba said he didn't "want to be called the first black James Bond" if he did land the part.

"Do you understand what I'm saying?" Elba said, according to ContactMusic.com . "Sean Connery wasn't the Scottish James Bond and Daniel Craig wasn't the blue-eyed James Bond. So if I played him, I don't want to be called the black James Bond."
truth be told

Bronx, NY

#189 Dec 26, 2014
ZCs wrote:
There's a very good chance actor Idris Elba could take over the role of James Bond after Daniel Craig makes his exit. Last week, an email leaked in the Sony hacking scandal in which Sony Pictures Entertainment co-chairman Amy Pascal said she believes the "Luthor" star would be perfect for the role of 007.
The suggestion has long been rumored and received a lot of praise from Hollywood but controversial commentator Rush Limbaugh thinks it is a horrible idea. On Tuesday (Dec. 23) during his news program, Limbaugh told listeners that Elba shouldn't play Bond because he's black.
"James Bond is a total concept put together by Ian Fleming. He was white and Scottish. Period. That is who James Bond is," Limbaugh said. "But now Sony is suggesting that the next James Bond should be Idris Elba, a black Briton, rather than a white from Scotland. But that's not who James Bond is."
Before Limbaugh made his comments, Elba said he didn't "want to be called the first black James Bond" if he did land the part.
"Do you understand what I'm saying?" Elba said, according to ContactMusic.com . "Sean Connery wasn't the Scottish James Bond and Daniel Craig wasn't the blue-eyed James Bond. So if I played him, I don't want to be called the black James Bond."
Limbaugh is an embarrassment.
The reason he's lost hundreds of sponsors in the past 2 years and stations no longer carry his show anymore.
Just Saying

Central Islip, NY

#190 Dec 26, 2014
ZCs wrote:
They just came out with a black remake of "Annie", so this comes as no surprise. Same thing happened with "The Wiz", a remake of the "Wizard of Oz" with a black cast starring Michael Jackson and Diana Ross. Also happened to "Cinderella" with Brandy in the title role. I wonder if Hollywood in the future will also cast white actors in remakes of "The Color Purple", "Coming to America", "42", or other films about black subjects? Somehow, I doubt it.
right back at them

Bronx, NY

#191 Dec 27, 2014
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>They just came out with a black remake of "Annie", so this comes as no surprise. Same thing happened with "The Wiz", a remake of the "Wizard of Oz" with a black cast starring Michael Jackson and Diana Ross. Also happened to "Cinderella" with Brandy in the title role. I wonder if Hollywood in the future will also cast white actors in remakes of "The Color Purple", "Coming to America", "42", or other films about black subjects? Somehow, I doubt it.
If it happens, so what who cares?
Things like that only matters to a racist.
Most people don't care about the ethnicity of actors, only their performance.
Just Saying

Central Islip, NY

#192 Dec 27, 2014
right back at them wrote:
<quoted text>
If it happens, so what who cares?
Things like that only matters to a racist.
Most people don't care about the ethnicity of actors, only their performance.
It won't happen, that's the point. Instead of coming up with fresh ideas, Hollywood recycles old ones. Why remake something that was great to begin with? There's no reason, other than pandering.

And as far as "racist" goes, look in the mirror.
ZCs

New York, NY

#193 Feb 14, 2015
The Washington Post provides an in-depth look today at the unanswered questions surrounding Scott Walker’s decision to drop out of Marquette University in 1990. The subject is sure to receive more attention as the Wisconsin governor seeks to become the first president since Harry Truman without a college degree, and right-wing shock jock Rush Limbaugh thinks he knows just the way for Walker to handle it.

“If I were Scott Walker, you know what I would say about college?” Limbaugh asked, before embarking on a tangent about his own decision to withdraw from college after “refusing to take ballroom dance taught by a lesbian drill sergeant.”

Finally, Limbaugh answered,“I left college because I didn’t want to be accused of rape someday.”

“Now he can’t say that, of course,” Limbaugh admitted.“But, I mean, just ram it right down their throats. They’re trying to create this ‘rape culture’ on the campus.… It seems like any man that goes to college could randomly be accused of committing rape.”
right back at them

Bronx, NY

#194 Feb 14, 2015
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>It won't happen, that's the point. Instead of coming up with fresh ideas, Hollywood recycles old ones. Why remake something that was great to begin with? There's no reason, other than pandering.
And as far as "racist" goes, look in the mirror.
Speaking of BS..........
right back at them

Bronx, NY

#195 Feb 14, 2015
ZCs wrote:
The Washington Post provides an in-depth look today at the unanswered questions surrounding Scott Walker’s decision to drop out of Marquette University in 1990. The subject is sure to receive more attention as the Wisconsin governor seeks to become the first president since Harry Truman without a college degree, and right-wing shock jock Rush Limbaugh thinks he knows just the way for Walker to handle it.
“If I were Scott Walker, you know what I would say about college?” Limbaugh asked, before embarking on a tangent about his own decision to withdraw from college after “refusing to take ballroom dance taught by a lesbian drill sergeant.”
Finally, Limbaugh answered,“I left college because I didn’t want to be accused of rape someday.”
“Now he can’t say that, of course,” Limbaugh admitted.“But, I mean, just ram it right down their throats. They’re trying to create this ‘rape culture’ on the campus.… It seems like any man that goes to college could randomly be accused of committing rape.”
Some are sicker than others.
When RU leavng

Bronx, NY

#196 Mar 10, 2015
March 8, 2010; Rush Limbaugh stated on his radio show that if the ACA was still the law of the land in 5 years, he was leaving and moving to Costa Rica.
The ACA was signed in March, 2010 by President Obama.
5 years have now passed and it's 2015.
So Rush, WHEN ARE YOU LEAVING?
BS Detector

Yonkers, NY

#197 Mar 11, 2015
ZCs wrote:
Fox is going Down and will Rush the stupid scumbag be next?
Ahhhh! It's been awhile since I dropped in on a ZCs post.

Let's see how NoIQ did as a predictor.

Well. Fox is now the most trusted news source and Rush is the dean of conservative talk hosts, of which there are now dozens.

Stick with the afternoon cartoon show blog sites, ZCs.
ZCs

New York, NY

#198 Mar 14, 2015
BS Detector wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhhh! It's been awhile since I dropped in on a ZCs post.
Let's see how NoIQ did as a predictor.
Well. Fox is now the most trusted news source and Rush is the dean of conservative talk hosts, of which there are now dozens.
Stick with the afternoon cartoon show blog sites, ZCs.
Like anything else, it takes time. There is no doubt about it. Fox is going down. Tick Tock!

And nothing is like sitting at the edge of a sofa and watching the dopes on Fox look like fools

everyday only to be followed up by fools on this forum believing the nonsense that Fox Spews.

Hopefully, you will keep dropping in and will finally wake up from that make believe world from

which you dwell.

Yours Truly,

ZCs
Sharon

Cohoes, NY

#199 Mar 14, 2015
It's funny to see you partisan losers cry all the time. Most regular people don't care for blacks AND your white trash counterparts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 24 min The real Paris 11,952
Yankees talk back (Dec '07) 1 hr Paul Yanks 43,223
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 1 hr rainmaker2016 15,176
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 1 hr rainmaker2016 16,058
Carlos Danger says fire Kaepernick 1 hr Carlos Dangerous 1
Time to go? (Jun '15) 2 hr Patriot 12,545
Age Gap Relationship 3 hr Isabellaw 1
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 3 hr jimi-yank 332,064
Giants talk back (Dec '06) 8 hr jimi-yank 5,105
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 13 hr ChiefFan1 13,371