Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,225
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#48569 Feb 4, 2013
no one no where wrote:
the messianic jew can always move to jordan, syria, iraq, iran, or turkey for more freedom of religion.
But they are unwelcome in Isreal.... I think they should remove the title "Jew" from their names and live in any country of the world.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48571 Feb 4, 2013
The highest form of salvation is physical.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#48572 Feb 4, 2013
01Justsayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Nor in yours. lol
rabbee: man! you are delusional. everything i say, is confirmed in TheTorah. is this the best you can do, is to prove that you are an absolute liar?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48573 Feb 4, 2013
Escapism from the plane of matter where the difficulties encountered on account of the extreme inertia of the physical substance and due to the inveterate pessimism of the subconscious into the lower subtler states of existence is for spiritual pygmies like Jesus, Krishna, Buddha and Muhammad.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48574 Feb 4, 2013
KEY ELEMENTS OF A ONE WORLD ORDER:

1) Instead of artificial barriers like nations and geo-political boundaries that create conflict, racism, rabid notions of nationalism bordering on bigotry and the unequal distribution of wealth, skills and natural resources, the world should be carved out into special ecological zones devoid of physical or political boundaries.

2) Each eco-zone should specialize in its main strength(s) derived from its store of natural resources, climatic type and human potential and all the zones should then distribute their specialities.

3) Various competitive currencies should be introduced and people should select any one to deal with the others or be given the option of using all the available choices. The pros and cons of a single global currency should also be looked into.

4) Militaries and industries specializing in weaponry should be disbanded and a global security force should be put in place to supervise law and order.

4) Laws should be secular, eco-sensitive, pro-eugenics to weed out undesirable traits, unnatural procreation methods like incest and hypogamy should be banned, efforts should be made to promote advanced technologies of breeding like invitro and cloning that can yield designer life forms and besides the authorities should take into consideration the key features of the various personality types so that the mind-matter capacities in individuals are developed to a high degree.

5) A united world body should supervise the administrative and functional aspects of the various zones and should work to minimize socio-educational-economic deficits everywhere through judicious planning and implementation of policies based on the above ideas so that a symbiotic system arises in which each zone is required for its unique contributions and is at the same time dependant on the other zones for its sustenance and progress.

6) A mingling of the various natural and human currents would augur well for harmony, peace, pluralism and prosperity.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48575 Feb 5, 2013
TACKLING MUSLIM RESISTANCE TO THE NEW WORLD ORDER:

1) Most Jews, Zoroastrians, Christians, Hindus, Buddhists, atheists and agnostics will take to the new one world order based on secular laws without much protest since religion is not such a big issue with them as seen in the decline in the old and perverse ways as rational thinking takes over.

2) Islam/Muslims will resist since they cherish abnormal beliefs and have dreams of converting the whole world to Islam as desired by that lunatic and pedophile, Muhammad.

3) If the Muslims resist, they should be left out of the global order and should be left to fend for themselves and no help in monetary or technological form should be given to them.

4) If despite the boycott they refuse to mind their own business and spread their religious garbage like cancerous cells then a bold plan should be drawn out in advance to mass sterilize them using biological or EM weapons with the last alternative being eliminating them from the face of the earth.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48576 Feb 5, 2013
Growth in consciousness and technology will soon spell the end of religions everywhere. Good riddance to bad rubbish.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48577 Feb 5, 2013
The unveiling of covert technologies that tap into the mind-matter matrix will be the next revolutionary trend in the world. It won't take too long before such radically new tech is made public....
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48578 Feb 5, 2013
Consciousness is one, Energy is one. They form a unified field of Consciousness-Energy that in manifest form shows up as numerous gradations.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48579 Feb 5, 2013
Creation from nothing is fiction.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#48582 Feb 5, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
"myopic head" is interesting. Here is a secret, it was one of a series of posts to prove a point. In addition, any honest and moderately intelligent person who reads their comments on the matter would not take it to mean that they believe that Jesus was a work of fiction.
I never DOUBTED the existence of historical Jesus. In fact, numerous times I have cited Boteach myself, and in fact it was me that offered him to you. HOWEVER, I never said Jesus absolutely existed either. I am agnostic on the matter.

So lets put that STRAW ARGUMENT digression out of the way, and return to my earlier question which created this round of discussion.

My position is that truth is truth, whether it comes from sci fi, or cartoons, or "religious" texts - those are merely mediums.

Location hidden

#48583 Feb 5, 2013
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
You know that old saying about "assuming" Hugh. But in this case it's just YOU-U
Oh, what happened to showing that the Messianic age had come into fruition? Isn't that what Maimonides was waiting for--the Messiah and the Messianic Age?
On the other hand, a lot of what Homer describes does in fact happen in real life.
Anonymous

Mumbai, India

#48584 Feb 5, 2013
Hi, everyone.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48585 Feb 5, 2013
LOL.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48586 Feb 5, 2013
Religion is redundant!
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48587 Feb 5, 2013
Open up to a new consciousness and energy !
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48588 Feb 5, 2013
A fact may or may not correspond to a truth but a truth is always a fact!
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#48589 Feb 5, 2013
Going shopping. Bye.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#48590 Feb 5, 2013
SC wrote:
01. Moses has not described any last prophet, while the other jewish prophets have described a Messiah that must be descendant of king David, restoring Jerusalem, and have to come at the end of the days, ect. All the things that Muhammad had fulfilled, right?

I do wonder if you ever read and understood the Tanakh?

02 Muhammad was very patient, then Zaid concluded it must be the prophet. Very logic reasoning.

Oh yeah, back those days how easily people converted into another religion.

I see you believe any tale if they come from Islam, don't you?
Ans.

01. So you left the "debate" on Quranic Chapter 112 and started a "new" argument?

Moses prophesized for some prophet to come after him or not? Who is that Prophet?

Many prophets foretold about Messiah, it is not a strange title with Jews. There have been so many Messiahs in the past and one more will come.

I read Bible from cover to cover, if that is what you mean. Who can say that he "fully understood" any religious scripture? Only fools or those with "little knowledge" can say that.

02. In those days, people were very "quick" to change their religion, no doubt. Just look at how Jesus got his first disciples.

One odd miracle here and there, and lo, they followed you to the end of world, why cant the same thing happen with our prophet?

This ZAID was "more than half convinced" with teachings of our prophet. He only wanted to test his patience and forbearing about which he had read in his Torah. So he devised a scheme to find a way to test it. And when he saw what he was looking for he declared his faith.

Prophets of God have very strong power to attract people, when we see in our days so many people becoming fans and supporters just be hearing one speech or shaking hands with some leaders, what we can say about prophets.

It is not "every day" that new prophets come into the world. It is rarest of the rare occasions and blessed are people who see prophets and meet with them.

And then on the other hand, those who see prophets face to face and listen them speak and teach andů..still reject them, they are the worse humans, lost for ever.

Location hidden

#48591 Feb 5, 2013
idgaf wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I mis-read? Page 1 talks to an increase in aide and Israel receiving the most aide in history. Maybe I mis-read. I was not referring to oil in Israel. I know that there is very little there. It just happens to be in the middle of many other countries that have an abundance of oil and other natural resources. So, the interest has got to be strategic location. Or it might be that we just want to be nice and helpful to our neighbors and allies who tend to spy on us a lot? Relationship of convenience.
You are correct that HISTORICALLY Israel has received enormous amounts of aid.

But CURRENTLY, this is no longer true for the factors already cited (Iraq, the development of the modern Israeli economy etc etc). Time has moved on, and Israels dependency has moved as well.

That past vs present is an important distinction.

So when people start discussing the issue of aid to Israel, often in my experience its either that they are unaware of the actual current facts, OR they are pushing a political agenda that supercedes any fact. In your case I assumed it was the former, not the latter.

I agree that our American geo-strategic concerns are more than oil. Our concerns are about global stability and terrorism. The middle east as a crossroads has always been an unstable place, and the delineation of post-colonial borders without regard to the natural peoples has exacerbated this instability. As a large nation-state I would hope that it is in our interest to do anything that fosters global stability. That includes allying with states with common interests in democracy and western values, as they are obvious partners with a common stake.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jay Z, Russell Simmons Meet With New York Gover... 47 min simou94 16
Unemployment rate at 5.8%, great job Obama 48 min reality is a crutch 7
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 2 hr jimi-yank 311,694
Whine and Cheese: Where are the crackers (Dec '09) 3 hr barrack 657
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 3 hr Mike 16,707
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr Pearl Jam 307,067
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr OzRitz 49,310

New York News Video

New York Dating
Find my Match