Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 2,136)

Showing posts 42,701 - 42,720 of68,349
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
idgaf

Dracut, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text> I find it intriguing how you capitalize the pronoun 'Him" when referring to god or Jesus. I've only ever seen devout Christians do that. Were you raised in a devout religious, Christian houshold before becoming what appears to be an agnostic?
Nope, I do that out of respect to a Higher Power. I am by no means agnostic. I fully believe in God, not like you may or others may. My belief is that we (humans) don't understand what God is. My thoughts are that we are completely misguided and spend a lot of time and effort trying to follow a path that we do not know to be the correct path. We spend too much time and effort trying to get to heaven, not really understanding what it is.

I look at this as follows: 10 people are going to be given a test ... What is the test? That is the mystery.

- 1 studies mathematics
- 1 studies history
- 1 studies politics
- 1 fianance
- 1 ev olution
- 1 studies nothing

Which is best prepared for the test?
idgaf

Dracut, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

former res wrote:
<quoted text>
Reminded me of one of my favorite quotes:
If God created us in his own image, we have more than reciprocated.
Voltaire
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/v/vo...
Love it!!! We are so vane ... "Let Us create man in Our image ...". Did God have a Mouse in His pocket? And does ... In Our image ... Really mean like looking in the mirror? Is it possible to create something within yourself that does not resemble you ... "Who made who ... " - AC/DC ... Did God create us or did we create Him?

It's hard to accept that we are around for about 80 yrs and then we're gone ... Ashes to ashes dust to dust ...
idgaf

Dracut, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text> I find it intriguing how you capitalize the pronoun 'Him" when referring to god or Jesus. I've only ever seen devout Christians do that. Were you raised in a devout religious, Christian houshold before becoming what appears to be an agnostic?
Forgot to answer the question, went off in another direction ... I was raised in a home with a non-practicing Catholic father and a Catholic mother who converted to Christianity ... I personally never took up any of it ... From a young age I had too many simple questions that the grown-ups at church could not answer ... 2nd grade I asked the Sunday school teacher in reading Genesis ... IDGAF "How many Gods were there?"...FAE "Child of course there was only One" ...IDGAF "How come Genisis states ... Let's make man in Our image"... FAE "The Father, The Son and The Holy Ghost"... I didn't quite buy that explanation and simply understood that she did not know ... She struggled ...

So, I went to Sunday school and all that good stuff, but somehow, I was never content with what people talked about ... Couldn't understand the blind faith ... I understand it now, people simply need something to believe in ... The thought of being born, living and dying couldn't have been without reason ...
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

idgaf wrote:
<quoted text>
Forgot to answer the question, went off in another direction ... I was raised in a home with a non-practicing Catholic father and a Catholic mother who converted to Christianity ... I personally never took up any of it ... From a young age I had too many simple questions that the grown-ups at church could not answer ... 2nd grade I asked the Sunday school teacher in reading Genesis ... IDGAF "How many Gods were there?"...FAE "Child of course there was only One" ...IDGAF "How come Genisis states ... Let's make man in Our image"... FAE "The Father, The Son and The Holy Ghost"... I didn't quite buy that explanation and simply understood that she did not know ... She struggled ...
So, I went to Sunday school and all that good stuff, but somehow, I was never content with what people talked about ... Couldn't understand the blind faith ... I understand it now, people simply need something to believe in ... The thought of being born, living and dying couldn't have been without reason ...
You are right, what to a child was not understandable....the grown ups "fully understand it"!!

In fact they are "trained" not to ask simple questions, because there are not simple answers.\

It is so strange that they "prove" Trinity by such ambiguous verses like "Let us make human in our image".

Perhaps they were never taught the Plural of Numbers and Plural of Respect. Every Easter language has these and Hebrew was an Asian language!!

These western nations are so inept to understand these finer things.... that might be the reason that no scripture came in any western language. These languages are not capable for such topics.

Allah Knows best.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Which “Sword” the Prophet Used against his enemies: Part-43

Enemies of Islam represent our prophet as a very cruel and blood thirsty man, who would kill his “opponents, enemies and any one who disagreed with him” at “the drop of hat” and all his adversaries would be “terrified” at the mere sight of him.

The picture is far from true, let us look at some incidents from the life of prophet, as what was “this sword which killed the enmity for ever”

The Case of : ABDULLAH BIN ABU UMAIYYAH, of MAKKAH

ABDULLAH BIN ABU UMAIYYAH was the son of ATIKAH, the Aunt of Prophet. He was therefore a first cousin of Prophet. He knew the prophet from his childhood.

But when prophet declared his mission, this ABDULLAH not only declined to accept his mission, but joined the party who were his bitterest enemies.

Prophet was hoping that he, would have some regard to the kinship and close relation which he had with prophet. In those days, ties of kinship accounted for many considerations, but there were a few people in Makkah who disregarded even these ties and exceeded in their bounds. This Abdullah was also one of those.

Prophet was very disappointed when he saw the attitudes of this Abdullah and ABUSUFYAN, the Son of HARITH, another cousin of prophet. Prophet bore with dignity, all their insults and taunts during his thirteen years of his mission in Makkah.

The thing which really hurt prophet the most was when this Abdullah said to the prophet “I would not believe in you, untill you bring a ladder and go up into sky, then come back from there bringing a written down book and four angels who give testimony that this is a book of Allah….and even then I doubt if I will believe you”!!

Coming from a first cousin of prophet, these were harsh and strange word indeed!!

Prophet migrated to Madina along with his followers, and this Abdullah remained in Makkah along with those enemies of prophet……time took a turn and after eight years prophet returned to Makkah in full glory. It ws time when these people recognised their mistakes.

Abdullah and Abu SUFYAN, went to prophet to ask for his pardon. Prophet turned his face away from them. His wife UMME SALAMAH, said to the prophet “Your cousins Abdullah and Abu SUFYAN are at your door asking for your pardon”

“What sort of cousins are these to me, do you know what they did and said to me while I was in Makkah” said the prophet and refused to meet them.

They went disheartened and met Ali, another cousin of prophet. Ali told them, to use the same tactics as was used by the brethren of Joseph when they asked pardon from their brother Joseph.

Accordingly this Abdullah and Abu SUFYAN went and waited outside the door of prophet and when he came out recited the following verse from Quran “By Allah! He favored you over me, We were indeed those who did wrong”…… Prophet looked at an instant for those two, smiled and completed the Quranic verse “There is no blame on you this day, May Allah forgive you, for He is oft-forgiving Most Merciful”!

Thus prophet used his :sword of Magnimony and Mercy” to enslave these of his kinfolks fro ever!!

Source: Companions of Prophet: by Talib Hashmi
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Bye, boys.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Within my own Jewish tradition, we have the Hasidic traditions which are often more nondual than the conventional dualistic approach.
Nondualism is not what you think it is.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

IMMEDIATE AIM:

An imperative human requirement - we urgently need to function in the now from the next plane of consciousness-energy by merging deeper in the mind-matter matrix. Evolve. For too long humanity has been stuck on the exteriorized mind grade of consciousness-energy.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

From Mind to Supermind, from Supermind to what? To the grades of consciousness-energy beyond the Supramental grades.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

After man - the mental being - who?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

The supramental being.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

The emergence of a new grade of consciousness-energy in the earth matter brings with it its unique materialized form.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Insentient matter through its push and pull forces, mutations and random molecular motions don't generate sentience and are in no way responsible for the appearance of species.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

The mind-matter matrix in activated form progressively throws up from a state of involution a range of mind-matter bits of information with each bit of consciousness-energy materializing its unique form.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

A precise physical form that's subject to variation within specific limits is so generated by an emergent principle in matter so as to support the indwelling bit of information. This accounts for the peculiar shapes and organ systems of the various species each corresponding to a unique bit of information in terms of consciousness-energy.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

CONCLUSION: A cause must be at least as great as its effect in terms of information content.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Effect is nothing else but the cause in partial or complete manifestation.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

CORRECTION:

Insentient matter through its push and pull forces, mutations and random molecular motions DOESN'T generate sentience and IS in no way responsible for the appearance of species.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

A bit of information is a specific configuration of consciousness-energy.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

THE LEAST INTELLIGENT POSTERS:

1) Hugh

2) MUQ

3) GTown71

4) Frijoles

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 42,701 - 42,720 of68,349
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

51 Users are viewing the New York Forum right now

Search the New York Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 20 min cpeter1313 305,064
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 40 min YANKEES 4 LIFE 305,652
slenderman is REAL and in Central Park 50 min slenderman 2
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 1 hr bigtool 10,203
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 1 hr Pollys Opinion 14,352
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Rush Limpballs 6,331
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 3 hr Billy O Liar 16,768
•••

Air Quality Alert for New York County was issued at July 22 at 9:55AM EDT

•••
•••

New York News Video

•••
•••

New York Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••