Dead man found in Valley Stream Dumpster

Dead man found in Valley Stream Dumpster

There are 35 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 10, 2008, titled Dead man found in Valley Stream Dumpster. In it, Newsday reports that:

A man's body was found in a garbage Dumpster in Valley Stream Thursday morning, and Nassau homicide detectives are investigating the cause of death, a police report said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Southbound

Kansas City, MO

#3 Jan 10, 2008
No picture, no sketch, no description.... nothing that would allow any reader (other than the person who dumped the body there) to help. Why waste our time with listing the tips line? Why not just ask for the person who did it to call you.
Arise

Rahway, NJ

#4 Jan 10, 2008
How can anyone give info when no description is given?
Jim

AOL

#6 Jan 10, 2008
Ben Dover wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey dude, if you're so dissatisfied with Newsday, why not just stop reading it? You numskull!!
maybe because its the only local LI newspaper,,the name calling is uncalled for dont you think?
Tony

Frisco, TX

#9 Jan 10, 2008
Woke up this morning, got yourself a gun....
Esteeben

United States

#10 Jan 10, 2008
how 'bout a race/estimated age for the victim, Newsday?!?
TLITLKITIS

Seaford, NY

#12 Jan 10, 2008
hopefully he was wrapped in newsday....
Get real

Brooklyn, NY

#13 Jan 10, 2008
Southbound wrote:
No picture, no sketch, no description.... nothing that would allow any reader (other than the person who dumped the body there) to help. Why waste our time with listing the tips line? Why not just ask for the person who did it to call you.
Do you really want to see a sketch of a dead body in a dumpster? What is wrong with you?
all you can carry

Piedmont, OK

#15 Jan 10, 2008
Is anyone missing someone in your family. Go to county medical examiner and ask where's the body so I can identify it. Im' sure you won't be alone. Is he black or white it would not hurt to give them that info.
Fabulous

Beacon, NY

#16 Jan 10, 2008
If you knew something about the man in the dumpster, wouldn't you already know his age and race?????
laracroft507

United States

#17 Jan 10, 2008
Get real wrote:
<quoted text> Do you really want to see a sketch of a dead body in a dumpster? What is wrong with you?
They would do a drawing of the face of the dead man's body -- not a sketch of the body in a dumpster.
In Da Hood

Westbury, NY

#18 Jan 10, 2008
Valley Stream - shocking. Such a safe and upscale community- one of the flowers of Nassau County. Who would have imagined it could happen there?
BUTTAFUOCO

United States

#20 Jan 10, 2008
PERFECT TOMMY wrote:
search his cesspool.
Search the cesspool for what? The body was found in a dumpster!
Sister Agnes

San Antonio, TX

#21 Jan 10, 2008
Isn't there a convent on that corner?
Snapper Head

Norwalk, CT

#22 Jan 10, 2008
News 12 gives more detail then Newsday!!!
Queens Reader

West Babylon, NY

#23 Jan 10, 2008
It's probably some guy from Brooklyn. Half that borough is moving to Valley Queens. They are bringing their ways with them. They don't know how to act in a nice suburban setting.
Run262

Brooklyn, NY

#24 Jan 10, 2008
Newsday seeks information from police agencies which makes cops share information with news reporters. Detectives generally don't like providing news to organizations who in the past has been so critical of their efforts, so an uneasy relationship exists.

There must be specific reasons why this is so vague. I bet the cops didn't tell them.
The Man

Ashburn, VA

#25 Jan 10, 2008
Run262 wrote:
Newsday seeks information from police agencies which makes cops share information with news reporters. Detectives generally don't like providing news to organizations who in the past has been so critical of their efforts, so an uneasy relationship exists.
There must be specific reasons why this is so vague. I bet the cops didn't tell them.
You hit the nail on the head, or should I say editor.
Evidently

AOL

#26 Jan 11, 2008
Queens Reader wrote:
It's probably some guy from Brooklyn. Half that borough is moving to Valley Queens. They are bringing their ways with them. They don't know how to act in a nice suburban setting.
you are a moron. brooklyn is one of the most desireable places to live.wake up, where the heck have you been?
LIer

Bronx, NY

#27 Jan 11, 2008
BUTTAFUOCO wrote:
<quoted text>
Search the cesspool for what? The body was found in a dumpster!
I guess you just had to be there, Tommy!
Irving

Delray Beach, FL

#28 Jan 11, 2008
Valley Stream has changed so much, it is now called Valley Queens. The Village administration has no vision, except to watch the village go down the toilet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 2 min Paul Yanks 44,710
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 5 min 40ish 16,538
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... (Nov '16) 23 min jimi-yank 3,781
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 31 min jimi-yank 337,060
cape cod space station cape carniveil truth wil... 1 hr mr t cab 1
How i receive a loan 2 hr Sophia William 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Into The Night 63,622
Skype Names 18 hr Rufus T Firefly 52

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages