Run,Run, Run, The Republicans are Com...
Logic

United States

#1261 Jan 11, 2013
Lol!
truth

Elmwood Park, NJ

#1262 Jan 11, 2013
Logic wrote:
Lol!
You know that's right.
ZCs

New York, NY

#1263 Jan 16, 2013
Run Bachmann Run!!!

PFAW Delivers 178,000 Petitions Calling for Bachmann’s Removal from Intelligence Committee
WASHINGTON – Today, People For the American Way will deliver 178,000 petitions to House Speaker John Boehner urging him to remove Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann from the Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence in the 113th Congress. Bachmann earned rebukes from Boehner, John McCain and others last year when she launched a smear campaign against Hillary Clinton aide Huma Abedin, alleging that Abedin and other Muslim-American public servants were agents of the Muslim Brotherhood.

“Michele Bachmann has used her position on the Intelligence Committee to spread baseless conspiracy theories and smear the reputations of honorable public servants,” said Michael Keegan, President of People For the American Way.“Speaker Boehner himself called her actions ‘dangerous.’ It’s mysterious, then, why he has chosen to reward her reckless extremism with continued access to sensitive national security information and a powerful platform for her agenda.”

“Members of the Intelligence Committee are responsible for the safety of all Americans,” continued Keegan.“178,000 Americans are sending Speaker Boehner a clear message: we don’t want our national security in Michele Bachmann’s hands.”

People For the American Way’s Right Wing Watch has detailed coverage of Rep. Bachmann here.
truth

Paramus, NJ

#1264 Jan 22, 2013
ZCs wrote:
Run Bachmann Run!!!
PFAW Delivers 178,000 Petitions Calling for Bachmann’s Removal from Intelligence Committee
WASHINGTON – Today, People For the American Way will deliver 178,000 petitions to House Speaker John Boehner urging him to remove Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann from the Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence in the 113th Congress. Bachmann earned rebukes from Boehner, John McCain and others last year when she launched a smear campaign against Hillary Clinton aide Huma Abedin, alleging that Abedin and other Muslim-American public servants were agents of the Muslim Brotherhood.
“Michele Bachmann has used her position on the Intelligence Committee to spread baseless conspiracy theories and smear the reputations of honorable public servants,” said Michael Keegan, President of People For the American Way.“Speaker Boehner himself called her actions ‘dangerous.’ It’s mysterious, then, why he has chosen to reward her reckless extremism with continued access to sensitive national security information and a powerful platform for her agenda.”
“Members of the Intelligence Committee are responsible for the safety of all Americans,” continued Keegan.“178,000 Americans are sending Speaker Boehner a clear message: we don’t want our national security in Michele Bachmann’s hands.”
People For the American Way’s Right Wing Watch has detailed coverage of Rep. Bachmann here.
That would be the best thing, get rid of illogical fruit cakes like her.
ZCs

New York, NY

#1265 Jan 28, 2013
Run!!!

Not so, says Mitt himself.

Finally making it back to Washington D.C. for a lunch hosted in his honor by two of his major fundraisers, Catherine Reynolds and Bill Marriott of the hotel chain (on whose board of directors Romney serves, rejoining after the election), the Romneys were all smiles, accompanied by his former running mate, Paul Ryan, and his wife, along with other GOP luminaries for a festive celebration.

Despite Mitt’s fairly lengthy post-election disappearance – particularly the notable absence from the inauguration, the first nominee not to attend since Michael Dukakis in 1989 – he is, in fact, is doing just fine and looking forward to getting back into…helping out.

Romney told top Washington bundlers, donors and senior campaign leadership in a meeting Friday morning that he would help out GOP candidates for governor in 2013, during the upcoming midterm elections and the 2016 presidential race, according to two people who attended the meeting.

Romney also made clear his ambition for elected office has ended, according to another source present.

“We lost, but I’m not going away,” Romney told the crowd, according to a person who attended the meeting.“I will continue to help.”[Politico]

He also made the point that he purposely stayed quiet and out of sight so as not to distract from the very important fiscal cliff conversations going on at the turn of the year. According to Politico, he didn’t want anything he said to be used as an “wedge issue” by the President between the Speaker and the minority leader. Knowing Mitt’s propensity to say things that tend to set fires (47%, anyone?), that was probably a wise decision.

Next on the agenda is the Alfalfa Club Dinner, a very exclusive event attended by “Washington power brokers.”[Boston.com] Now that he doesn’t have Secret Service trailing his every move and he’s apparently shaken off the post-election doldrums, odds are merry Mitt is going to be much more of a fixture on the D.C. party scene. Hopefully that will cheer Ann up.
ZCs

New York, NY

#1266 Jan 28, 2013
Run!!!!!!!!!!

My God these people are nuts. Stop the madness, leave abortion alone. The more you try this insane stuff, the more votes you are going to lose. Not to mention, how can you claim to support freedom when you are trying to pass laws that limit a womans freedom and infringe on her rights to have a legal abortion.

O'Reilly even denied that the Republicans have a war against women, so what the hell do you call this, I would call it a war against women.

A Republican lawmaker in New Mexico introduced a bill on Wednesday that would legally require victims of rape to carry their pregnancies to term in order to use the fetus as evidence for a sexual assault trial.

House Bill 206, introduced by state Rep. Cathrynn Brown (R), would charge a rape victim who ended her pregnancy with a third-degree felony for "tampering with evidence."

"Tampering with evidence shall include procuring or facilitating an abortion, or compelling or coercing another to obtain an abortion, of a fetus that is the result of criminal sexual penetration or incest with the intent to destroy evidence of the crime," the bill says.

Third-degree felonies in New Mexico carry a sentence of up to three years in prison.

Pat Davis of ProgressNow New Mexico, a progressive nonprofit opposing the bill, called it "blatantly unconstitutional" on Thursday.

"The bill turns victims of rape and incest into felons and forces them to become incubators of evidence for the state," he said. "According to Republican philosophy, victims who are 'legitimately raped' will now have to carry the fetus to term in order to prove their case."

The only good thing about this is that the bill is probably not going to pass, as Democrats have a majority in both chambers of New Mexico's state legislature.
ZCs

New York, NY

#1267 Jan 28, 2013
Run,Run, Run!!!!!!!!!!

The Republicans are Coming!!!!!!!!!

Run!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday, Virginia Republicans took the first step to move a GOP plan to rig the Electoral College forward in that state. Similar plans are under consideration in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Michigan.

The Republican election rigging plan targets blue states that President Obama won in 2008 and 2012, and changes the way they allocate electoral votes to give many of these votes away for free to the Republican candidate for president. Under the Republican Plan, most electoral votes will be allocated to the winner of individual Congressional districts, rather than to the winner of the state as a whole. Because the Republican Plan would be implemented in states that are heavily gerrymandered to favor Republicans, the resulting maps would all but guarantee that the Republican would win a majority of each state’s electoral votes, even if the Democratic candidate wins the state as a whole.
Teddy R

San Francisco, CA

#1268 Jan 28, 2013
Zero Comments the Serial Plagiarizer wrote:
(Whiny post expressing mock shock and surprise over standard politics snipped)
Excellent. Signs of intelligent life on the planet.

As if Democrats would NEVER engage in such ... standard political action when they're in power.

Guess Democrats had better pay more attention to why they're LOSING control of these traditionally Blue State serfdoms. The slaves are rising and throwing off the yoke of Washington Democrat tax-and-spend Statist rule and <gasp> voting Republican!

Elections have consequences. Quit whining, eat your peas, and - oh, yeah - PAY YOUR OBAMATAXES.

Fool.
ILAL

Paramus, NJ

#1269 Jan 29, 2013
ZCs wrote:
Run!!!
Not so, says Mitt himself.
Finally making it back to Washington D.C. for a lunch hosted in his honor by two of his major fundraisers, Catherine Reynolds and Bill Marriott of the hotel chain (on whose board of directors Romney serves, rejoining after the election), the Romneys were all smiles, accompanied by his former running mate, Paul Ryan, and his wife, along with other GOP luminaries for a festive celebration.
Despite Mitt’s fairly lengthy post-election disappearance – particularly the notable absence from the inauguration, the first nominee not to attend since Michael Dukakis in 1989 – he is, in fact, is doing just fine and looking forward to getting back into…helping out.
Romney told top Washington bundlers, donors and senior campaign leadership in a meeting Friday morning that he would help out GOP candidates for governor in 2013, during the upcoming midterm elections and the 2016 presidential race, according to two people who attended the meeting.
Romney also made clear his ambition for elected office has ended, according to another source present.
“We lost, but I’m not going away,” Romney told the crowd, according to a person who attended the meeting.“I will continue to help.”[Politico]
He also made the point that he purposely stayed quiet and out of sight so as not to distract from the very important fiscal cliff conversations going on at the turn of the year. According to Politico, he didn’t want anything he said to be used as an “wedge issue” by the President between the Speaker and the minority leader. Knowing Mitt’s propensity to say things that tend to set fires (47%, anyone?), that was probably a wise decision.
Next on the agenda is the Alfalfa Club Dinner, a very exclusive event attended by “Washington power brokers.”[Boston.com] Now that he doesn’t have Secret Service trailing his every move and he’s apparently shaken off the post-election doldrums, odds are merry Mitt is going to be much more of a fixture on the D.C. party scene. Hopefully that will cheer Ann up.
Politically he's finished, he got humiliated by no message and ran an awful campaign.
ILAL

Paramus, NJ

#1270 Jan 29, 2013
ZCs wrote:
Run,Run, Run!!!!!!!!!!
The Republicans are Coming!!!!!!!!!
Run!!!!!!!!!!
Yesterday, Virginia Republicans took the first step to move a GOP plan to rig the Electoral College forward in that state. Similar plans are under consideration in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Michigan.
The Republican election rigging plan targets blue states that President Obama won in 2008 and 2012, and changes the way they allocate electoral votes to give many of these votes away for free to the Republican candidate for president. Under the Republican Plan, most electoral votes will be allocated to the winner of individual Congressional districts, rather than to the winner of the state as a whole. Because the Republican Plan would be implemented in states that are heavily gerrymandered to favor Republicans, the resulting maps would all but guarantee that the Republican would win a majority of each state’s electoral votes, even if the Democratic candidate wins the state as a whole.
The GOP motto is; If you can't win an election fair and square, cheat, lie and steal when you can.
What they're trying to do is a leap of faith on their part, nothing more.
ZCs

New York, NY

#1271 Feb 4, 2013
Run,Run,Run!!!!!!!!!!
The Retarded Republicans are Coming!!!
Run!!!!!!!!!!
There are two major pillars of Republican economic ideology.
First is "trickle down" economics -- the notion that if we allow the wealthiest two percent to accumulate more and more of the fruits of our economy, the benefits will "trickle down" to everyone else.
The second is fiscal austerity -- the idea that the best response to an economic downturn is to "tighten our belts" and slash critical government spending that we "no longer can afford."
Both of these pillars were created to justify the transfer of more and more income to the wealthy few and to provide a rationale for keeping their taxes as low as possible. But even recognizing the GOP's motivation in proposing them, ordinary voters might be tempted to support them if they actually produced economic growth and good-paying jobs for everyday Americans. They don't. And anyone who tries to make a case to the contrary must ignore the last century of economic history.
George Bush's great experiment in "trickle down" economics produced irrefutable evidence of failure in 2008 when the economy collapsed and all of those tax breaks for the wealthy had produced exactly zero net private sector jobs over almost an entire decade -- the worst job creation rate since the Great Depression. America has been recovering from that disaster ever since.
Now we have fresh evidence that the medicine of "austerity" is about as good at curing an economic downturn as arsenic is at curing a cold.
New numbers out this week showed the Gross Domestic Product actually shrank in the last quarter of 2012. It shrank despite the fact that consumer spending increased, businesses increased investment in new equipment and software, and the housing market continued to improve.
But those increases were offset by a major decline in federal spending, so the economy actually shrunk by .1 percent. Why did federal spending drop -- even before the so-called "fiscal cliff"? One reason appears to be that federal agencies held back on spending in anticipation of the potential "sequester."
Whatever the reason, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that if government spending drops, there will be less overall demand in the economy and fewer goods and services will be produced. But Republicans simply won't admit that is true.

“You have a right to....”

Since: Dec 07

protect yourself from Liberals

#1272 Feb 4, 2013
ZCs wrote:
Run,Run,Run!!!!!!!!!!
The Retarded Republicans are Coming!!!
Run!!!!!!!!!!
There are two major pillars of Republican economic ideology.
First is "trickle down" economics -- the notion that if we allow the wealthiest two percent to accumulate more and more of the fruits of our economy, the benefits will "trickle down" to everyone else.
The second is fiscal austerity -- the idea that the best response to an economic downturn is to "tighten our belts" and slash critical government spending that we "no longer can afford."
Both of these pillars were created to justify the transfer of more and more income to the wealthy few and to provide a rationale for keeping their taxes as low as possible. But even recognizing the GOP's motivation in proposing them, ordinary voters might be tempted to support them if they actually produced economic growth and good-paying jobs for everyday Americans. They don't. And anyone who tries to make a case to the contrary must ignore the last century of economic history.
George Bush's great experiment in "trickle down" economics produced irrefutable evidence of failure in 2008 when the economy collapsed and all of those tax breaks for the wealthy had produced exactly zero net private sector jobs over almost an entire decade -- the worst job creation rate since the Great Depression. America has been recovering from that disaster ever since.
Now we have fresh evidence that the medicine of "austerity" is about as good at curing an economic downturn as arsenic is at curing a cold.
New numbers out this week showed the Gross Domestic Product actually shrank in the last quarter of 2012. It shrank despite the fact that consumer spending increased, businesses increased investment in new equipment and software, and the housing market continued to improve.
But those increases were offset by a major decline in federal spending, so the economy actually shrunk by .1 percent. Why did federal spending drop -- even before the so-called "fiscal cliff"? One reason appears to be that federal agencies held back on spending in anticipation of the potential "sequester."
Whatever the reason, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that if government spending drops, there will be less overall demand in the economy and fewer goods and services will be produced. But Republicans simply won't admit that is true.
just another 'retarded' Cut & Paste

here's the link:

http://eezzbeat.newsvine.com/_news/2013/02/01...
ZCs

Brooklyn, NY

#1273 Feb 6, 2013
Want some cheese with that whine?
truth

Bronx, NY

#1274 Feb 10, 2013
ZCs wrote:
Run,Run,Run!!!!!!!!!!
The Retarded Republicans are Coming!!!
Run!!!!!!!!!!
There are two major pillars of Republican economic ideology.
First is "trickle down" economics -- the notion that if we allow the wealthiest two percent to accumulate more and more of the fruits of our economy, the benefits will "trickle down" to everyone else.
The second is fiscal austerity -- the idea that the best response to an economic downturn is to "tighten our belts" and slash critical government spending that we "no longer can afford."
Both of these pillars were created to justify the transfer of more and more income to the wealthy few and to provide a rationale for keeping their taxes as low as possible. But even recognizing the GOP's motivation in proposing them, ordinary voters might be tempted to support them if they actually produced economic growth and good-paying jobs for everyday Americans. They don't. And anyone who tries to make a case to the contrary must ignore the last century of economic history.
George Bush's great experiment in "trickle down" economics produced irrefutable evidence of failure in 2008 when the economy collapsed and all of those tax breaks for the wealthy had produced exactly zero net private sector jobs over almost an entire decade -- the worst job creation rate since the Great Depression. America has been recovering from that disaster ever since.
Now we have fresh evidence that the medicine of "austerity" is about as good at curing an economic downturn as arsenic is at curing a cold.
New numbers out this week showed the Gross Domestic Product actually shrank in the last quarter of 2012. It shrank despite the fact that consumer spending increased, businesses increased investment in new equipment and software, and the housing market continued to improve.
But those increases were offset by a major decline in federal spending, so the economy actually shrunk by .1 percent. Why did federal spending drop -- even before the so-called "fiscal cliff"? One reason appears to be that federal agencies held back on spending in anticipation of the potential "sequester."
Whatever the reason, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that if government spending drops, there will be less overall demand in the economy and fewer goods and services will be produced. But Republicans simply won't admit that is true.
Retarded they are.
truth

Bronx, NY

#1275 Feb 10, 2013
ZCs wrote:
Want some cheese with that whine?
They are also in need of Kleenex to wipe away their tears.
ZCs

New York, NY

#1276 Feb 11, 2013
Run!!!

The internal conflicts that have roiled the Republican Party since its dismal showing in November appear to be deepening as conservative activists and tea party officials have begun to loudly resist an establishment effort to blame them for the GOP’s 2012 troubles.

The nation’s largest tea party organization is launching a new federal political action committee, Tea Party Patriots Citizens Fund, aimed at challenging GOP incumbents and other establishment candidates to adopt more conservative positions.
If we are going to change Washington and save America, the tea party movement must hold every politician who supports higher taxes and even higher spending accountable — regardless of their political party. If that means we have to defeat some of these big-government politicians in primaries, so be it,” said Jenny Beth Martin, national coordinator of Tea Party Patriots, in a statement released Friday.

The move appeared to be a direct response to an effort by veteran strategist Karl Rove and other GOP establishment figures to wrest control of the Republican Party from candidates and activists whom they view as unelectable and harmful to the party’s future.
Just Saying

Central Islip, NY

#1277 Feb 11, 2013
ZCs wrote:
Run,Run,Run!!!!!!!!!!
The Retarded Republicans are Coming!!!
Run!!!!!!!!!!
There are two major pillars of Republican economic ideology.
First is "trickle down" economics -- the notion that if we allow the wealthiest two percent to accumulate more and more of the fruits of our economy, the benefits will "trickle down" to everyone else.
The second is fiscal austerity -- the idea that the best response to an economic downturn is to "tighten our belts" and slash critical government spending that we "no longer can afford."
Both of these pillars were created to justify the transfer of more and more income to the wealthy few and to provide a rationale for keeping their taxes as low as possible. But even recognizing the GOP's motivation in proposing them, ordinary voters might be tempted to support them if they actually produced economic growth and good-paying jobs for everyday Americans. They don't. And anyone who tries to make a case to the contrary must ignore the last century of economic history.
George Bush's great experiment in "trickle down" economics produced irrefutable evidence of failure in 2008 when the economy collapsed and all of those tax breaks for the wealthy had produced exactly zero net private sector jobs over almost an entire decade -- the worst job creation rate since the Great Depression. America has been recovering from that disaster ever since.
Now we have fresh evidence that the medicine of "austerity" is about as good at curing an economic downturn as arsenic is at curing a cold.
New numbers out this week showed the Gross Domestic Product actually shrank in the last quarter of 2012. It shrank despite the fact that consumer spending increased, businesses increased investment in new equipment and software, and the housing market continued to improve.
But those increases were offset by a major decline in federal spending, so the economy actually shrunk by .1 percent. Why did federal spending drop -- even before the so-called "fiscal cliff"? One reason appears to be that federal agencies held back on spending in anticipation of the potential "sequester."
Whatever the reason, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that if government spending drops, there will be less overall demand in the economy and fewer goods and services will be produced. But Republicans simply won't admit that is true.
What is the Democrat's economic theory, tax and spend the nation into bankruptcy? Or fail to pass a budget for the past four years, while watching the deficit increase to $17 trillion? By the way, the real reason the economy shrunk is because average Americans are saving up for the dark days ahead, and not spending, not because of decreased government spending.

“You have a right to....”

Since: Dec 07

protect yourself from Liberals

#1278 Feb 12, 2013
ZCs wrote:
Want some cheese with that whine?
Drama Queen

“You have a right to....”

Since: Dec 07

protect yourself from Liberals

#1279 Feb 12, 2013
ZCs wrote:
Run!!!
The internal conflicts that have roiled the Republican Party since its dismal showing in November appear to be deepening as conservative activists and tea party officials have begun to loudly resist an establishment effort to blame them for the GOP’s 2012 troubles.
The nation’s largest tea party organization is launching a new federal political action committee, Tea Party Patriots Citizens Fund, aimed at challenging GOP incumbents and other establishment candidates to adopt more conservative positions.
If we are going to change Washington and save America, the tea party movement must hold every politician who supports higher taxes and even higher spending accountable — regardless of their political party. If that means we have to defeat some of these big-government politicians in primaries, so be it,” said Jenny Beth Martin, national coordinator of Tea Party Patriots, in a statement released Friday.
The move appeared to be a direct response to an effort by veteran strategist Karl Rove and other GOP establishment figures to wrest control of the Republican Party from candidates and activists whom they view as unelectable and harmful to the party’s future.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/intern...

Cut & Paste, Cut & Paste, Cut & Paste.....
ZCs

Brooklyn, NY

#1280 Feb 14, 2013
Run!!!!

Senate Republicans temporarily blocked the nomination of Chuck Hagel as secretary defense on Thursday, mounting enough votes to maintain a filibuster requring 60 votes to proceed to final confirmation. The vote was 58 votes in favor, 40 opposed, and one senator voting "present."

Several Republican senators, including Sens. John McCain (R-AZ) and Lindsey Graham (R-SC), said they planned to vote against cloture this week in order to allow more time to review Hagel's record. They indicated that they would move to end debate, even if ultimately opposed to Hagel, after the Senate returns from the 10-day Presidents' Day recess.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) will try to again move forward on Hagel's nomination on February 26th.

"Democrats will continue to fight for Senator Hagel, and we will reconsider his nomination in the coming days," Reid said in a statement. "Some Republican senators have said that they will change their votes, and allow his nomination to proceed at some point in the future. I will take them at their word, and I will hold them to their pledge.”

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 21 min Into The Night 61,065
Time to go? (Jun '15) 1 hr Into The Night 12,546
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 2 hr The real Paris 11,952
Yankees talk back (Dec '07) 3 hr Paul Yanks 43,223
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 3 hr rainmaker2016 15,176
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 3 hr rainmaker2016 16,058
Carlos Danger says fire Kaepernick 3 hr Carlos Dangerous 1
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 5 hr jimi-yank 332,064
Giants talk back (Dec '06) 10 hr jimi-yank 5,105
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 15 hr ChiefFan1 13,371
Topix Human Sexuality Forum Discontinued Aug 26 rainmaker2016 54

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages