Body art controversy more than skin deep

Body art controversy more than skin deep

There are 101 comments on the Newsday story from Mar 28, 2007, titled Body art controversy more than skin deep. In it, Newsday reports that:

Dawn Milano went to Cliff's Tattoo in Centereach recently to have her bottom lip pierced and a piece of jewelry inserted.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Da Fan

Bronx, NY

#1 Mar 28, 2007
What a giant waste of time. You got to love our local government. What a bunch of douche bags.
Machine Head

AOL

#2 Mar 28, 2007
"Dune" HAHAHAHAHAH!!! WHAT A DORK!
Lost Rights James Bovard

Stony Brook, NY

#3 Mar 28, 2007
Here we go. The thought police want to regulate our lives to the minutiae.

Why do Public officials always think they know what's best for everyone else?

When did we all become so dim that we need the government to tell us we can't get piercings?
tmptjohn88

Bronx, NY

#4 Mar 28, 2007
This is ridiculous, we as humans have the right to do with our bodies as we please. if i want to go and eat a bucket of lard to gain weight i can. if i want to get a tattoo, which ihave done, i will, if i want to get a part of my body pierced i will. the town the county the state or the country have no right to tell me what or what i cannot do with my own body. this is worse then the ban on oils with transfats. we have the fundemental right to do with our bodies as we please, and no one can tell us what to do with it. let them cite that it is a possible health concern, but it is a risk same as getting into a car everyday.
Brenda

United States

#5 Mar 28, 2007
I think the bord of health should be looking at bigger things!!! First off this is SAPOSED to be a FREE country, If someone wants to get a pearcing or a tattoo they should have EVERY right to! If it gets infected then your probally not taking care of it right.

“Small gov't.Low taxes, Freedom”

Since: Mar 07

Ronkonkoma

#6 Mar 28, 2007
Government now appears more concerned with dictating personal behavior than with protecting citizens from murderers, muggers, and rapists.

Privacy is vanishing beneath the rising floodtide of government power.

The first step to saving our liberty is to realize how much we have already lost, how we lost it, and how we will continue to lose unless fundamental political changes occur.
~Lost Rights : The Destruction of American Liberty.~ by James Bovard.

Buy a copy. read it and be amazed at the rights you've lost that you don't even realize.

www.lp.org
Rachael Luciano

Patchogue, NY

#7 Mar 28, 2007
EVERYONE ON THIS SHELTERED YUPPIE INFESTED ISLAND HAS TO STOP BEING SO PRUDE!!!!
Machine Head

AOL

#9 Mar 28, 2007
"SAPOSED"

sweet
pierced

Stony Brook, NY

#10 Mar 28, 2007
all i have to say is that this is completely stupid. if they "ban" it, people are going to do it themselves anyway. i have piercings and i don't think anyone has the right to tell me that i'm not allowed to. the board of health can shove it.
Kerouac61

New York, NY

#11 Mar 28, 2007
Freedom of art...freedom of expression...it's your body...Pierce on!!!!!
William

Yonkers, NY

#12 Mar 28, 2007
What's the deal with this country? An consenting adult can't pierce a part of their body, but you can circumcise your nonconsenting baby?!
gross

Chicago, IL

#13 Mar 28, 2007
they are all disgusting gross
John Dutk

Brooklyn, NY

#14 Mar 28, 2007
it's all art to me. someday, none of us will be able to express ourselves and art will be dead. this is hurting no one. whatever happened to "freedom of expression"? if you ask me, this is a bunch of bull! after all, this is a capitalistic country that was created on freedom . LET FREEDOM RING11111111
John Dutk

Brooklyn, NY

#15 Mar 28, 2007
William wrote:
What's the deal with this country? An consenting adult can't pierce a part of their body, but you can circumcise your nonconsenting baby?!

THANK GOD I'M LEVING IT UP TO HIM TO DECIDE
Joe

Wayne, NJ

#16 Mar 29, 2007
This is extremely stupid. It's your body, not the governments and you should be able to do what you want. Its freedom of expression. The government should not be able to tell you what you can do to your body and thats the bottom line.
john

New York, NY

#17 Mar 29, 2007
this is ridiculous, my jaw dropped when i read this article and how retarted it was. so a tattoo parlor cant pierce you but you can go home with a rusty nail and stick it through you lip or where ever and bam you have a piercing and tetnis? mabye the board of heath should think of this? where as a tattoo parlor had to use steril tools... people will do it themself if they can go get it done. its not gonna stop shit
Forrest Gump

Orlando, FL

#18 Mar 29, 2007
Bah! I would not date anyone who hates their body enough to destroy it. If they think so little about them selves how ill are they. At first looks are very important in a relationship. As your relationship grows there are other things that bind you together. Body art, bah!
charl

AOL

#19 Mar 29, 2007
amazing, out government has nothing better to do..?????

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#20 Mar 29, 2007
Da Fan wrote:
What a giant waste of time. You got to love our local government. What a bunch of douche bags.
This quote about sums it all up.

Suffolks incompetent government can't regulate skyrocketing taxes, illegal immigrants, corrupt government, you know, all the IMPORTANT things.

So hey, let's tackle something pointless and waste more taxpayers money. While your at it, why don't you give yourself raises! Go ahead, it's on us...

Morons.
MYOPINION

Bronx, NY

#21 Mar 29, 2007
Could you imagine how much BETTER the gal from American Idol would sing if she didn't have the impedement?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 3 min RangerYanksJets66 40,087
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 28 min SweLL GirL 15,361
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 38 min Princess Hey 14,573
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr IB DaMann 60,011
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 2 hr FuMan Chu Yanks 329,647
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Chelsea (Nov '13) 2 hr SPAM-A-LOT 31
Bernie Sanders Endorses Hillary Clinton 2 hr feel that BERN baby 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages