Man arrested in Cablevision bomb thre...

Man arrested in Cablevision bomb threat -

There are 94 comments on the Newsday story from Nov 17, 2007, titled Man arrested in Cablevision bomb threat -. In it, Newsday reports that:

A Westchester County man was in jail Saturday night after he threatened to blow up a Cablevision building because he was upset about interrupted cable service, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
merrickgirl

Hicksville, NY

#1 Nov 17, 2007
I can understand him being upset Cablevision is impossible to deal with but you dont threaten like that especially in this day and age. Cablevison however should not charge a fee if it was their error.
BOMB DIGGATY

Medford, NY

#2 Nov 17, 2007
Only on News12 !!!!!!!!
bob

Plainview, NY

#3 Nov 17, 2007
I WANT MY MTV.
john rotten

Warwick, NY

#4 Nov 17, 2007
so nassau county police went all the way up to westchester to bring him to long island so the judge could set an 8k dollar bail. it probably cost taxpayers that much to bring him here. and over what,an irate cablevision customer. what a waste of time and money.
huh

Bronx, NY

#5 Nov 17, 2007
This is ..... funny!
Cableversion

Port Washington, NY

#6 Nov 17, 2007
Cableversion's idea of customer service. Piss em off until they threaten mayhem.
BLAH BLAH BLAH

Bronx, NY

#7 Nov 17, 2007
Go satellite
Caller ID on TV

Hempstead, NY

#8 Nov 17, 2007
How does everyone feel about Caller IDs popping up on your tv's now when you get phone call ????

(if you have cable tv + phone package)
Angry Mom

Raleigh, NC

#9 Nov 17, 2007
Only one thing i have to say What a Dork!!!!
Cableguy

Nutley, NJ

#10 Nov 17, 2007
If you dont like the caller ID you can tune to Ch 630 and turn it off. Have a Great Day

:)
fedupppppp

Randolph, NJ

#11 Nov 17, 2007
He was able to order Direct-TV from the Patrol Car. Got a good deal, free HBO and Court TV, too.
Cableversion

Port Washington, NY

#12 Nov 17, 2007
Cableguy wrote:
If you dont like the caller ID you can tune to Ch 630 and turn it off. Have a Great Day
As opposed to turning to some channel to turn it on if you want it...
LI Guy

Selden, NY

#14 Nov 17, 2007
Good luck finding a jury who likes cablevision.
old cablevision customer

Bronx, NY

#16 Nov 17, 2007
The dolans ruin everything they touch. Lets start with the knicks, remember nobody beats the wiz, the garden etc. etc. etc.I was paying full price and getting half ass service.Hurting my business. Calling them was useless because my cable phone worked about 4 days a week. he should have switched to verizon and i swear i don't work for verizon but my problem went away switching to another company.I feel sorry for this man. Cablevision drove me crazy so i switched.Ihad many fights with cablevision reps so i understand how easy someone can lose it dealing them with.
dcnt

Brooklyn, NY

#17 Nov 17, 2007
I am sure a few customers out there feel his pain.

Waited all day for them to show up and had to call and ask where they where. They tell me the guy was there but no one was home. What a joke there customer service is.
Wawa

Chesterfield, MO

#18 Nov 17, 2007
A Knicks fan?
Wow

New York, NY

#19 Nov 17, 2007
Interrupted service?? That's the best reason he could come up with?? Not the ridiculous cost (that's going up) or even those constant annoying Optimum commercials?? That's like hating Hitler because he had a cheesy mustache.

Since: Mar 07

Deer Park, NY

#22 Nov 17, 2007
Caller ID on TV wrote:
How does everyone feel about Caller IDs popping up on your tv's now when you get phone call ????
(if you have cable tv + phone package)
???? I have all 3, haven't seen that, sounds pretty cool to me how do I get it?
Wobb

New York, NY

#23 Nov 17, 2007
American wrote:
This is what happens when you allow immigrants into this country!
When they don't get the serivce they want, they try to kill us!
All immigrants must leave America now.
You got that straight .....son!!!!
Yankee Fan

Albertson, NY

#24 Nov 17, 2007
Cableguy wrote:
You can turn it on or off from the webstite. optimumonline.net ..login and click on my phone,my features. It's right there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Black New York legislator denounces Trump's dec... 1 hr Neighbor 12
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Dudley 64,301
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr Sasyjm 321,979
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... (Nov '16) 3 hr Dudley 5,920
explosion in ny city 3 hr figgypops 11
jets talk back (Dec '07) 4 hr jimi-yank 15,400
Multiculturalism and melting pot are 2 differen... 4 hr Vote out Blasio 2
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 7 hr Paul Yanks 342,455

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages