Paul Yanks

Colorado Springs, CO

#35775 Jan 25, 2014
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>Great post Eddie....Sandys holding strong as he's done all off season with trades or signings, the money for Drew isn't the problem it's the years... which Sandy wont budge off 2. In fact Sandy has offered Boras more money then any other team for 1 year with a team option for the 2nd, if they take it fine if not we'll go with Tejada which is fine by me. Sandy also has held strong with Big Ike as he'll only trade him on the Mets terms, Duda they'd give away but have no takers as it's Ike teams want. Let's not forget Eddie with the Mets young pitching talent along with a Parnell, Niese, Gee, Murph and numerous others Sandy could trade for whoever he wants in ML Baseball. He loves what's happening with this team and we cant wait for 2014 !!
Hey momma/tman....was Granderhorrible....Colon and Lannan your mut blockbusters this winter fatso? LMFAO
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#35776 Feb 17, 2014
Jerry Grote wrote:
Glad to see Mets took a flyer on Dice-K. You may catch lightening in a bottle.
more likely to catch shite in a jar...
Jerry Grote

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#35777 Feb 21, 2014
Fast Eddie wrote:
It's looking ever more likely that the Mets will have Ruben Tejada at SS for the 2014 season. Trouble is, nobody knows WHICH Tejada it will be. He was a real albatross around the Mets' neck last year: he couldn't hit and he couldn't field. If that had been Ruben's first season with the club, I'd be inclined to think it would be his last. But Tejada actually had two decent seasons in 2011 and 2012. Given the paucity of SS talent on the current market, giving Tejada one more shot at the job makes sense. I wouldn't mind seeing Drew in orange and blue, but he's an expensive short-term solution to a long-term problem.
Similarly, letting bitter disappointments like Davis and Duda battle it out in ST for the privilege of opening the season at 1B seems reasonable. Really, who else is available?
It's nice to dream big, but at some point we have to face reality, even if it looks like a turd sandwich.
Veloz.
Eddie, I'm down at Spring Training. Taking a look at the pitchers and the Mets have done their best to get picthers with big physical frames. Syndergaard is huge, as is Familia. Matsuzaka looks healthy. I like Wheeler as well. Colon might have been a mistake though. We will see about him in the weeks ahead.

“Lets go Mets/JETS”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#35778 Feb 25, 2014
Everything looki good so far down in Mets St Lucie. Weather is great and this team is so excited to start the year. All my years this may be the Mets team most eager to get underway. Curtis so far has been working with some of the young guys. hes so happy now to be with a winner and loves the lockeroom chemistry compared to when he played in the filthy Bronx. Matt cant wait to begin pitching again. Harvey and Colon will keep team competeve the whole way. Dont be shocked to see Matt pitch in sept and oct. Capn Wright is pumped and so am I. Be back in NY soon with another recap. For now, just be excited fans. I cant wait for this season and beyond

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

Port Saint Lucie, Florida

#35779 Feb 25, 2014
TMAN_Mets wrote:
Everything looki good so far down in Mets St Lucie. Weather is great and this team is so excited to start the year. All my years this may be the Mets team most eager to get underway. Curtis so far has been working with some of the young guys. hes so happy now to be with a winner and loves the lockeroom chemistry compared to when he played in the filthy Bronx. Matt cant wait to begin pitching again. Harvey and Colon will keep team competeve the whole way. Dont be shocked to see Matt pitch in sept and oct. Capn Wright is pumped and so am I. Be back in NY soon with another recap. For now, just be excited fans. I cant wait for this season and beyond

momma chamberlin, using the original tman mets profile....

and, you are not in st lucie, we exposed that lie in yank talk back forum

this clown had no idea of the exit off of I-95 which is the main drag on getting there

a liar who needs and wants to feel important...who lives in the Carolinas and is a frustrated fan...

you will never be back In NY and the original tman was in Connecticut. Nice try liar...

coward...

ps, did you tell the fans in here the nickname you had for "Curtis"????

its GRANDERHORRIBLE...that is what he called him in the yank forum and colon he made fun of for being fat and using roids...

what is funny is he is fatter then colon...
Displaced Yankee fan

Weaverville, NC

#35780 Feb 25, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
momma chamberlin, using the original tman mets profile....
and, you are not in st lucie, we exposed that lie in yank talk back forum
this clown had no idea of the exit off of I-95 which is the main drag on getting there
a liar who needs and wants to feel important...who lives in the Carolinas and is a frustrated fan...
you will never be back In NY and the original tman was in Connecticut. Nice try liar...
coward...
ps, did you tell the fans in here the nickname you had for "Curtis"????
its GRANDERHORRIBLE...that is what he called him in the yank forum and colon he made fun of for being fat and using roids...
what is funny is he is fatter then colon...
Wrong he used to call him "Granderhorribletrade " which it was for us. You are a master deciever and expert on twisting and editing others post. You are the one and only reason why I , and I'm sure many other Yankee fans , don't post in the Yankee Forum.
Jerry Grote

Massapequa, NY

#35781 Feb 26, 2014
I am back here in New York after spending a little time in Port St. Lucie. Yes, you get off Exit 121 on I-95 to get to the Spring Training facility.
Actually, I didn't see any great excitement or huge crowds at the complex. It seemed to me to be all business as the Mets went about their workouts. For the most part spring training is very boring for most fans because the players are working drills which most fans don't really understand. What you see from fans is running after players trying to get autographs. I still don't understand why people do that. The players go from field to field during workouts and the usual obnoxious fans ask for autographs and the polite players tell them to wait until after practice is over.
If a player does respond to a fan, even the simple response, you hear the fan say what a nice go so and so is. This is probably true throughout MLB camps.
You can't tell anything from spring training. Batting practice is just that and a guy can be hitting the cover off a ball and it means nothing. The pitchers are way ahead of the hitters and even in side throwing sessions, the average fan has no idea of what to look for. Somebody who last wore a uniform when their mother took them trick or treating has no idea what they are seeing.
Other than that if you want to sit in the warm sun and enjoy the sounds of the game, I would say head on done to Florida. Games start this weekend and are priced low enough to enjoy a game without taking out a second mortgage.

“Lets go Mets/JETS”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#35782 Feb 26, 2014
Jerry Grote wrote:
I am back here in New York after spending a little time in Port St. Lucie. Yes, you get off Exit 121 on I-95 to get to the Spring Training facility.
Actually, I didn't see any great excitement or huge crowds at the complex. It seemed to me to be all business as the Mets went about their workouts. For the most part spring training is very boring for most fans because the players are working drills which most fans don't really understand. What you see from fans is running after players trying to get autographs. I still don't understand why people do that. The players go from field to field during workouts and the usual obnoxious fans ask for autographs and the polite players tell them to wait until after practice is over.
If a player does respond to a fan, even the simple response, you hear the fan say what a nice go so and so is. This is probably true throughout MLB camps.
You can't tell anything from spring training. Batting practice is just that and a guy can be hitting the cover off a ball and it means nothing. The pitchers are way ahead of the hitters and even in side throwing sessions, the average fan has no idea of what to look for. Somebody who last wore a uniform when their mother took them trick or treating has no idea what they are seeing.
Other than that if you want to sit in the warm sun and enjoy the sounds of the game, I would say head on done to Florida. Games start this weekend and are priced low enough to enjoy a game without taking out a second mortgage.
Wish I would have known sooner you were down here with us. Of course St lucie is nice and the weather is great still. Yup, thats the exit to get off to come to there complex. Im so excited for this season to start and so are the players. Matts looking great and eying an Sept return and start game 1 of the postseason

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

Port Saint Lucie, Florida

#35783 Feb 26, 2014
TMAN_Mets wrote:
<quoted text>Wish I would have known sooner you were down here with us. Of course St lucie is nice and the weather is great still. Yup, thats the exit to get off to come to there complex. Im so excited for this season to start and so are the players. Matts looking great and eying an Sept return and start game 1 of the postseason

"us"...momma chamberlin in one his phony profiles...lets not forget, the real tman-mets was like that, not this..tman_mets

and, you had no idea of the exit last year...you got busted on that lie

nice try momma...go back in your own profile..
Displaced Yankee fan

Weaverville, NC

#35784 Feb 27, 2014
The Yankees will finish in last place winning only 75 games

“Go Ahead Liberal, Make My Day”

Since: Dec 07

Florida...home of Trump

#35785 Feb 27, 2014
is there anyone on the Mets staff that can keep a healthy arm ?

“I only voted for Obama 1 time”

Since: Mar 12

Summerville, SC

#35786 Mar 2, 2014
Great time here in Port St. Lucie. Big Ike has been crushing the ball all over the place. Mets have big plans for him. I have been telling all of you over and over about our great pitching and its youth. Sandy has teams calling him every day. If you think we will be good this year, watch out, 2015. I had dinner with Curtis and he loves this team and laughs at his time with the juicekees. They will break down and finish last with 75 wins.

This year, I am thinking of taking met fans in my suite. I will keep you posted.
Jack

Buffalo, NY

#35787 Mar 2, 2014
momma chamberlan wrote:
Great time here in Port St. Lucie. Big Ike has been crushing the ball all over the place. Mets have big plans for him. I have been telling all of you over and over about our great pitching and its youth. Sandy has teams calling him every day. If you think we will be good this year, watch out, 2015. I had dinner with Curtis and he loves this team and laughs at his time with the juicekees. They will break down and finish last with 75 wins.
This year, I am thinking of taking met fans in my suite. I will keep you posted.
Hey fatso.....the mutsies are a pathetic joke.......they should finish dead last with a 65-97 record......no lineup....no starting pitching and no bullpen you fat know nothing azzhole.....LMFAO
Jack

Buffalo, NY

#35788 Mar 2, 2014
TMAN_Mets wrote:
<quoted text>Wish I would have known sooner you were down here with us. Of course St lucie is nice and the weather is great still. Yup, thats the exit to get off to come to there complex. Im so excited for this season to start and so are the players. Matts looking great and eying an Sept return and start game 1 of the postseason
Yeah sure fatso very believable from your tiny welfare check.....you are buried in the Carolinas you stupid fat azzhole.......LMFAO

“Go Ahead Liberal, Make My Day”

Since: Dec 07

Florida...home of Trump

#35789 Mar 3, 2014
Jack wrote:
<quoted text>Hey fatso.....the mutsies are a pathetic joke.......they should finish dead last with a 65-97 record......no lineup....no starting pitching and no bullpen you fat know nothing azzhole.....LMFAO
oh c'mon....you mean you haven't penciled in Syndergaard for the Cy yet ?
Fast Eddie

Myrtle Beach, SC

#35790 Mar 6, 2014
It was great to hear from Jerry Grote again. I hope you enjoyed your stay in PSL, Jerry. I envy you. I have managed to catch a couple of Mets games on the MLB channel and I have to admit that the SPs are looking good. The big disappointment has been not being able to watch Tejada, Davis and Duda compete for their own jobs.

I am intrigued by the competition among Lagares, EY, Flores, Dice-K, Lannan and Mejia for jobs on the 2014 squad. Can't wait to see who the eventual winners will be.

Veloz
Jerry Grote

Valley Stream, NY

#35791 Mar 9, 2014
Fast Eddie wrote:
It was great to hear from Jerry Grote again. I hope you enjoyed your stay in PSL, Jerry. I envy you. I have managed to catch a couple of Mets games on the MLB channel and I have to admit that the SPs are looking good. The big disappointment has been not being able to watch Tejada, Davis and Duda compete for their own jobs.
I am intrigued by the competition among Lagares, EY, Flores, Dice-K, Lannan and Mejia for jobs on the 2014 squad. Can't wait to see who the eventual winners will be.
Veloz
Eddie, I'm thinking Dice K would be the best #5 starter. I also would like them to get Flores time at shortstop. He looked thinned down from last year. Remember he was signed as a 16 year old shortstop. All in all, they will win 50, lose 50, and lets hope they can win win 35 of the remaining 62. 90 wins might be asking too much this season.

“Use Your Imagination!”

Since: Jun 13

New York City, NY

#35792 Mar 10, 2014
LET'S
GO
METS!

“I only voted for Obama 1 time”

Since: Mar 12

Summerville, SC

#35793 Mar 12, 2014
Great time here in St. Lucie. Sandy knows he is deep in pitching and the gm's of other teams are filling his voice mail begging for some of them. I don't care who is our ss, all will be ok as our new outfield and staff will surprise everyone as we will be in the race for the playoffs. Montero is a name that teams want and they can forget it. Sandy told me he is willing to package Gee and Duda. He might toss in some minor league rookie to be generous. Big Ike is coming back. All of you who doubt him will be happy seeing him hit 35 homers. Gotta go, Curtis and I are going out to dinner now. Juicekee fans wish they had this pitching. They will win 75 games. LMAO
Fast Eddie

Myrtle Beach, SC

#35794 Mar 14, 2014
Jerry Grote wrote:
<quoted text>
Eddie, I'm thinking Dice K would be the best #5 starter. I also would like them to get Flores time at shortstop. He looked thinned down from last year. Remember he was signed as a 16 year old shortstop. All in all, they will win 50, lose 50, and lets hope they can win win 35 of the remaining 62. 90 wins might be asking too much this season.
I thought there'd have been a resolution by now of the SS and 1B situations. But where the Mets are concerned, nothing is ever done simply or efficiently. This is like death by a thousand cuts. I just want it to be over. If they can get anywhere close to 80 wins his season, I'll be happy.

Veloz

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Human Sexuality Forum Discontinued (Jun '16) 1 min Ben 1,140
TRUMP sends Military to South Pole ! 5 hr Thelma D 2
Nunes might lose California voters in November 5 hr Ellis 1
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 6 hr Paul Yanks 335,667
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 6 hr Pasquali 17,808
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 6 hr Pasquali 16,158
yates may tell all even at risk of jail in ligh... 7 hr releaseyourtaxes 1
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... 8 hr SirLiesAlot 2,970

New York Jobs

More from around the web