“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

#35755 Nov 15, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
Damn Artie Moreno is stubborn...after being told numerous times Syndergaard is untouchable Sandy thought he had a deal for Trout and Kendrick which included Parnell, Murph, Niese and deGrom among others when all of sudden Arties wanting Snydrgaard or Montero again...probably after seeing Noah on the cover of 'Baseball America'....Sandy is relentless though and will continue negotiating with them

did sandy call you on this?? lmfao

trout is not going anywhere dope

stop the lies

you don't fool this forum. I'll keep you posted. bwahaaahahahaha
Fast Eddie

Columbia, SC

#35756 Nov 27, 2013
So the Mets have added OF Chris Young to the 2014 roster and are planning to let him compete with Juan Lagares for the CF job. Really? A guy who hit .200 last year is competing against a guy who hit .242 in the same season? Wow, the mind reels in anticipation of the results in ST!

They say that C. Young has excellent defensive tools, some pop in his bat, and will add some speed on the base paths. But can he steal first base? We already have Eric Young to fill out the role of speedy guy who can't hit much. Do we really need another one? Yeesh!

If this is where Sandy is headed this winter, I'm guessing that Dan Murphy is headed to some other franchise in return for an offensive-minded OF who can offer David Wright some protection in the middle of the batting order. That would put E. Young at 2B next season, with C. Young and Lagares covering two-thirds of the outfield. Is Greg Luzinski still available? How about Pat Burrell?

My crystal ball also shows Ruben Tejada back at SS next year. I hope it's the 2012 version of Tejada, not the guy who was with the team last season. One has to wonder what was going on in Tejada's head last year. He did everything possible to undermine his own job security. As they say, you can't fix stupid.

Veloz.

“Lets go Mets/JETS”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#35757 Dec 7, 2013
Its a very xciting time to be a Mets fan. Granderson is a great pickup considering now hes playing in a real stadeum. price is still a strong possebelity as Sandy has all the power considering the Mets have the best youth in MLB. GOD, I cant wait for 2014 and in 2015 when Matt comes back, its going to be unreal. NY baseball is finally back

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

#35758 Dec 7, 2013
TMAN_Mets wrote:
Its a very xciting time to be a Mets fan. Granderson is a great pickup considering now hes playing in a real stadeum. price is still a strong possebelity as Sandy has all the power considering the Mets have the best youth in MLB. GOD, I cant wait for 2014 and in 2015 when Matt comes back, its going to be unreal. NY baseball is finally back

well well..momma chamberlin in another phony profile...

you mean the guy you call granderhorrible in the yank forum??

omg...
Paul Yanks

Germany

#35759 Dec 7, 2013
TMAN_Mets wrote:
Hey fatso momma.....funny you many times on the Yankee forum called him "Granderhorrible" you drug infested hypocrite moron.....LMFAO
Fast Eddie

Columbia, SC

#35760 Dec 8, 2013
Kudos to Sandy for signing Curtis Granderson. Now the Mets' GM needs to trade some combination of Murphy, Davis and Duda to get a legitimate ML shortstop and a fifth SP. Replacing Murphy in the field will not be hard; Ruben Tejada has the tools to play a good 2B, but the Amazin's will need more offensive production out of whoever plays SS for them next year. The trick with peddling Duda or Davis is finding a fool who would want to add one of them to his roster and would surrender s player of value in return. Good luck with that, Sandy.

Wake me up when the Mets sign a #5 starter.

Veloz

“My girl sure can dance”

Since: Jul 12

Sommersville SC

#35761 Dec 12, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
Sandy's on top of his game in between handling calls from numerous suitors looking for some young Met pitching along with Murph, Parnell and Big Ike.....this Carreno signing was a steal that 'Baseball America' can't stop writing about.....he's just another strike out machine to join the Mets and at age 26 finally getting it, Warthan will have him figured out in no time
Who's Carreno?

“My girl sure can dance”

Since: Jul 12

Sommersville SC

#35762 Dec 12, 2013
Fast Eddie wrote:
Kudos to Sandy for signing Curtis Granderson. Now the Mets' GM needs to trade some combination of Murphy, Davis and Duda to get a legitimate ML shortstop and a fifth SP. Replacing Murphy in the field will not be hard; Ruben Tejada has the tools to play a good 2B, but the Amazin's will need more offensive production out of whoever plays SS for them next year. The trick with peddling Duda or Davis is finding a fool who would want to add one of them to his roster and would surrender s player of value in return. Good luck with that, Sandy.
Wake me up when the Mets sign a #5 starter.
Veloz
You sound familiar to me but who really wants those bums Murphy, Duda and "BIG" Ike Davis.
Fast Eddie

Columbia, SC

#35763 Dec 13, 2013
Harry-B wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound familiar to me but who really wants those bums Murphy, Duda and "BIG" Ike Davis.
Good point. It sounds to me that other clubs are willing to take Murphy or Davis off our hands, but they're not inclined to give us any quality players in return. Duda is another story. No one expects to get much for him; he's best suited to be a DH, so only 15 clubs would have any interest at all.

Prediction: Sandy won't be offered enough to deal Ike, so he'll pull back and peddle Duda for a bag of balls.

Veloz
Jerry Grote

AOL

#35764 Dec 16, 2013
Fast Eddie wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point. It sounds to me that other clubs are willing to take Murphy or Davis off our hands, but they're not inclined to give us any quality players in return. Duda is another story. No one expects to get much for him; he's best suited to be a DH, so only 15 clubs would have any interest at all.
Prediction: Sandy won't be offered enough to deal Ike, so he'll pull back and peddle Duda for a bag of balls.
Veloz
Eddie, they are making a big mistake in trying to trade Murphy. He is one of their more reliable hitters. I agree give Duda away if they have to. Davis has had two seasons in a row with huge slumps. I am only inclined to keep him because of his glove and there is still that word potential penciled in next to his name.
Why not throw a flyer out for Johan Santana? How about Dice Kay? They won't cost too much to have them come to Spring Training and see what they have left.
Fast Eddie

Columbia, SC

#35765 Dec 19, 2013
Jerry Grote wrote:
<quoted text>
Eddie, they are making a big mistake in trying to trade Murphy. He is one of their more reliable hitters. I agree give Duda away if they have to. Davis has had two seasons in a row with huge slumps. I am only inclined to keep him because of his glove and there is still that word potential penciled in next to his name.
Why not throw a flyer out for Johan Santana? How about Dice Kay? They won't cost too much to have them come to Spring Training and see what they have left.
Other GMs will try to low-ball Sandy with the hope that they'll be able to get either Murph or Ike for a song. I hope Sandy will tell them to take a hike. Duda is another story. The best thing about him is that he can still be optioned to AAA without losing him. Santana and Dice-K may see their asking price go south in the next few weeks, making them affordable in February.

We all need to be patient.

Veloz.
Paul Yanks

Buffalo, NY

#35766 Dec 24, 2013
Harry-B wrote:
<quoted text>
Big Ike? that's fatso momma's favorite player.....the guy is a bum a .200 hitter.......Sandy is destroying the muts much like Omar did......Wilpons what a couple of clowns.......muts still after garbage for the big shiti......oh boy LMFAO
Fast Eddie

Columbia, SC

#35767 Jan 6, 2014
Ho-hum, there's not a whole lot of news coming out of Flushing these days. It would appear that the current logjam at 1B will carry over into ST come February. I can't wait to see how TC goes about juggling four guys at the same position. I suspect that Wilmer Flores and Josh Satin will be moving around the diamond like ants this spring. Let's face it, Lucas Duda and Ike Davis can play only one position and are probably penciled in for head-to-head competition. In the event that either Lucas or Ike gets traded during ST, the Mets will be looking for a RH batter to platoon with the surviving lefty. Flores looks like a natural hitter, but he never got to showcase his 1B skills last season. Satin has the advantage there. We all know that he can play the position competently and that he hits southpaws like he owns them. I see Flores opening the season in Las Vegas while wearing a 1B mitt. After that, it's anybody guess as to what becomes of him.

Veloz.
Fast Eddie

Columbia, SC

#35768 Jan 12, 2014
It's looking ever more likely that the Mets will have Ruben Tejada at SS for the 2014 season. Trouble is, nobody knows WHICH Tejada it will be. He was a real albatross around the Mets' neck last year: he couldn't hit and he couldn't field. If that had been Ruben's first season with the club, I'd be inclined to think it would be his last. But Tejada actually had two decent seasons in 2011 and 2012. Given the paucity of SS talent on the current market, giving Tejada one more shot at the job makes sense. I wouldn't mind seeing Drew in orange and blue, but he's an expensive short-term solution to a long-term problem.
Similarly, letting bitter disappointments like Davis and Duda battle it out in ST for the privilege of opening the season at 1B seems reasonable. Really, who else is available?
It's nice to dream big, but at some point we have to face reality, even if it looks like a turd sandwich.
Veloz.

“Another 240 million”

Since: May 09

Up in smoke

#35769 Jan 12, 2014
Fast Eddie wrote:
It's looking ever more likely that the Mets will have Ruben Tejada at SS for the 2014 season. Trouble is, nobody knows WHICH Tejada it will be. He was a real albatross around the Mets' neck last year: he couldn't hit and he couldn't field. If that had been Ruben's first season with the club, I'd be inclined to think it would be his last. But Tejada actually had two decent seasons in 2011 and 2012. Given the paucity of SS talent on the current market, giving Tejada one more shot at the job makes sense. I wouldn't mind seeing Drew in orange and blue, but he's an expensive short-term solution to a long-term problem.
Similarly, letting bitter disappointments like Davis and Duda battle it out in ST for the privilege of opening the season at 1B seems reasonable. Really, who else is available?
It's nice to dream big, but at some point we have to face reality, even if it looks like a turd sandwich.
Veloz.
Great post Eddie....Sandys holding strong as he's done all off season with trades or signings, the money for Drew isn't the problem it's the years... which Sandy wont budge off 2. In fact Sandy has offered Boras more money then any other team for 1 year with a team option for the 2nd, if they take it fine if not we'll go with Tejada which is fine by me. Sandy also has held strong with Big Ike as he'll only trade him on the Mets terms, Duda they'd give away but have no takers as it's Ike teams want. Let's not forget Eddie with the Mets young pitching talent along with a Parnell, Niese, Gee, Murph and numerous others Sandy could trade for whoever he wants in ML Baseball. He loves what's happening with this team and we cant wait for 2014 !!
Paul Yanks

Fulshear, TX

#35770 Jan 12, 2014
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>Great post Eddie....Sandys holding strong as he's done all off season with trades or signings, the money for Drew isn't the problem it's the years... which Sandy wont budge off 2. In fact Sandy has offered Boras more money then any other team for 1 year with a team option for the 2nd, if they take it fine if not we'll go with Tejada which is fine by me. Sandy also has held strong with Big Ike as he'll only trade him on the Mets terms, Duda they'd give away but have no takers as it's Ike teams want. Let's not forget Eddie with the Mets young pitching talent along with a Parnell, Niese, Gee, Murph and numerous others Sandy could trade for whoever he wants in ML Baseball. He loves what's happening with this team and we cant wait for 2014 !!
Hey fatso tman the muts are a joke........you got any blockbusters moron? LMFAO
Paul Yanks

Fulshear, TX

#35771 Jan 12, 2014
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>Great post Eddie....Sandys holding strong as he's done all off season with trades or signings, the money for Drew isn't the problem it's the years... which Sandy wont budge off 2. In fact Sandy has offered Boras more money then any other team for 1 year with a team option for the 2nd, if they take it fine if not we'll go with Tejada which is fine by me. Sandy also has held strong with Big Ike as he'll only trade him on the Mets terms, Duda they'd give away but have no takers as it's Ike teams want. Let's not forget Eddie with the Mets young pitching talent along with a Parnell, Niese, Gee, Murph and numerous others Sandy could trade for whoever he wants in ML Baseball. He loves what's happening with this team and we cant wait for 2014 !!
Yeah fatso.......muts young pitching is a total joke....that's why the idiot Sandy brought in a roid freak in Colon uh huh.......pen sucks....so does the muts lineup........how bout big Ike tman.......is he a bum or what? you stupid fat clueless talk out your fatass moron.......ROTFLMFAO

“Palpatine ain't no”

Since: Dec 10

Jimmy the Greek

#35772 Jan 13, 2014
Paul Yanks wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah fatso.......muts young pitching is a total joke....that's why the idiot Sandy brought in a roid freak in Colon uh huh.......pen sucks....so does the muts lineup........how bout big Ike tman.......is he a bum or what? you stupid fat clueless talk out your fatass moron.......ROTFLMFAO
Ya gotta give him credit, his fiction writing is improving. ROFLMAO!!4203
Jerry Grote

Malverne, NY

#35773 Jan 25, 2014
Glad to see Mets took a flyer on Dice-K. You may catch lightening in a bottle.
Paul Yanks

Colorado Springs, CO

#35774 Jan 25, 2014
TMshyster wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya gotta give him credit, his fiction writing is improving. ROFLMAO!!4203
You're not kidding.....fatso momma/tman still fools DW with his lies and more phony profiles......its funny shit.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Time to go? (Jun '15) 12 min Mad 7,895
Jay Z and the 5 percent Nation 22 min plotmasteram 4
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 23 min Some People s Chi... 57,321
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 28 min Enough 9,034
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 49 min Forrest 14,003
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 50 min Forrest 12,816
News Former Trump aide says Clinton campaign flooded... 1 hr Ritual Habitual 9
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 2 hr jimi-yank 324,986
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) Wed Driver7789 13,121
More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages