“Is this the best we have?”

Since: Aug 07

Emerald City

#35608 Jul 12, 2013
Clearwater Pete wrote:
<quoted text>MMH: As you know, when you pitch, you win. If the Mets continue to build up the pitching staff, as I'm sure they will,along with a couple of bats, they will be very competitive. They are getting closer and closer. They are going about it in the right way, this time around.
Hey Pete how goes it down there. You're darn right it does. Pitching always has to be the number one concern for a ball team. Hitting is good too but if you can't get outs you don't win games.

“Is this the best we have?”

Since: Aug 07

Emerald City

#35609 Jul 12, 2013
Clearwater Pete wrote:
<quoted text>In the fifties it was Newcombe,Podres,Erskine, Koufax,J.Black.Believe Mets are convinced, building from within is the best way to go. The wife and I have become Rays fans and enjoy the success they have enjoyed,attributable to their pitching staff. I do a little posting on their forum and as usual I preach pitching as the top priority to winning.
As usual Pete you know only too well that pitching is the top priority and Tampa Bay made it to the 08 series on a strong staff.

“Lets go Mets/JETS”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#35610 Jul 17, 2013
Just a huge public disgrace last nite in the BIG CITI. I was never more embarrased to be a fan or be inside the stadium. The hole tribute thing with his gay dirtbag heavy medal music was a disgrace. His music is for lowlife punks. The BIG CITI will no longer get 1 dime from me

“Another 240 million”

Since: May 09

Up in smoke

#35611 Jul 17, 2013
Fellow Met fans what a great night for the Mets and the city of New York last night, a preview of what the BIG CITI will be like by the end of this year and for many years to come. The organization was total class last night playing Enter Sandman for Rivera as he came in the game to get 'the hold' for Jim Leyland who was taking no chances with him after witnessing his meltdown in the BIG CITI earlier this year during the Mets 4 game sweep. The Mets waited on the reaction of the crowd during introductions and when boos could be heard then decided to go with Enter Sandman as loud as possible drowning them out for his meaningless entrance into the game...a class move by the organization.....Leyland believes his Tigers are overwhelming favorites to win the AL and went all out for the win using the best closer in the league this year, Joe Nathan, to finish. It was nice of MLB to throw a final bone to Rivera as it being the last time he'll pitch in a game getting national attention giving him the MVP over the great Miquel Cabrera who was totally deserving with his all around play. All in all a great 4 days in the ballpark topped off with a great showing by the Mets and the Mets brass.....Kudos to us
Braves fan

Weaverville, NC

#35612 Jul 17, 2013
Guinness Drinker wrote:
I see David Wright is the NL captain of the upcoming HR derby. Great player; but he can't hit one out of Citi. My money is on Cano
How much did you lose ?
Tango

Buffalo, NY

#35613 Jul 17, 2013
TMAN_Mets wrote:
Just a huge public disgrace last nite in the BIG CITI. I was never more embarrased to be a fan or be inside the stadium. The hole tribute thing with his gay dirtbag heavy medal music was a disgrace. His music is for lowlife punks. The BIG CITI will no longer get 1 dime from me
Stupid fat slob momma/tman and his bitterness bull crap.....you are a quitter you azzhole......LMFAO
Tango

Buffalo, NY

#35614 Jul 17, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
Fellow Met fans what a great night for the Mets and the city of New York last night, a preview of what the BIG CITI will be like by the end of this year and for many years to come. The organization was total class last night playing Enter Sandman for Rivera as he came in the game to get 'the hold' for Jim Leyland who was taking no chances with him after witnessing his meltdown in the BIG CITI earlier this year during the Mets 4 game sweep. The Mets waited on the reaction of the crowd during introductions and when boos could be heard then decided to go with Enter Sandman as loud as possible drowning them out for his meaningless entrance into the game...a class move by the organization.....Leyland believes his Tigers are overwhelming favorites to win the AL and went all out for the win using the best closer in the league this year, Joe Nathan, to finish. It was nice of MLB to throw a final bone to Rivera as it being the last time he'll pitch in a game getting national attention giving him the MVP over the great Miquel Cabrera who was totally deserving with his all around play. All in all a great 4 days in the ballpark topped off with a great showing by the Mets and the Mets brass.....Kudos to us
Gotta kill a fat slob moron like you momma.....that the great Mariano Rivera was crowned "king" MVP in Queens you stupid bitter fat punk.....LMFAO
Fast Eddie

Myrtle Beach, SC

#35615 Jul 20, 2013
This annual post-ASG fold job by the Mets is getting downright annoying. The first three innings last night were a disgrace. Did the Mets' players spend the entire ASG break at Dunkin' Donuts? They certainly played as if they had.

Why is it that the Mets' pitchers can't hit the catcher's target after an extra day or two of rest while the hurlers on other teams seem to do it quite well? Why did Omar Quintanilla suddenly forget how to catch and throw a baseball during the break? The Mets' first five innings were a clinic on how NOT to play the game. The second half of the game was somewhat better, probably because all the Phillies were exhausted from sprinting around the bases at Citi during the first part.

Ike Davis has improved slightly with the bat, but he's still hitting the ball too far out in front of his body. This is easy to correct: he needs to practice trying to hit the ball up the middle or to the left side. He already has the ability to get around on MLB fastballs. I'm not sure if he's stubborn or just plain stupid. Time will tell.

Veloz
Fast Eddie

Myrtle Beach, SC

#35616 Jul 21, 2013
The Mets' newfound success against left-handers can largely attributed to the presence of Josh Satin and Juan Lagares in the lineup. Speaking of Lagares, has anyone else noticed a similarity in the way he patrols CF and the style of Andruw Jones?

Just askin'.

Veloz

“Another 240 million”

Up in smoke

#35617 Jul 21, 2013
Fast Eddie wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. The best road to championships is to construct a strong stable of SPs. In 1969, it was Seaver, Koosman and Gentry, supplemented by guys like McAndrew, Cardwell and a fellow named Nolan Ryan. In 1986, there was Gooden, Darling, Fernandez and Ojeda, plus Aguilera in spots. Looking ahead, I can foresee a Mets rotation of Harvey, Wheeler, Syndergaard, Niese and Hefner, which leaves Gee and Montero as trade bait. We all need to hope for continued development of these assets.
Veloz
Just saw this one Eddie but Rafael Montero is just about as untouchable as Harvey. The kids that good, he's a strike throwing location machine he's so good that Wrights on record as saying he's the best pitcher in the Mets system, and that comment was made before Harvey made the big club . Sandy will have to be 200 percent convinced that a trade including him will be an overwhelming success for the Mets future for years and years

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

Washington, DC

#35618 Jul 21, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>Just saw this one Eddie but Rafael Montero is just about as untouchable as Harvey. The kids that good, he's a strike throwing location machine he's so good that Wrights on record as saying he's the best pitcher in the Mets system, and that comment was made before Harvey made the big club . Sandy will have to be 200 percent convinced that a trade including him will be an overwhelming success for the Mets future for years and years

have you invited them to the suite yet?? or tell them you work for sandy??

as if, you live in the carolinas...
Paul Yanks

Houston, TX

#35620 Jul 21, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>Just saw this one Eddie but Rafael Montero is just about as untouchable as Harvey. The kids that good, he's a strike throwing location machine he's so good that Wrights on record as saying he's the best pitcher in the Mets system, and that comment was made before Harvey made the big club . Sandy will have to be 200 percent convinced that a trade including him will be an overwhelming success for the Mets future for years and years
Hey fatso give it up.....everyone in here knows you are tman......and a quitter.....a backstabber and a liar you fat moron.....LMFAO

“Another 240 million”

Up in smoke

#35621 Jul 22, 2013
Kudos to Juan Lagares being voted the NL Player of the Week....just more of the Met future and youth displaying unreal talent, I cant wait till 2014 and beyond. In fact this team has played unreal baseball the last month...what a future !!!
Braves fan

Weaverville, NC

#35622 Jul 22, 2013
Who is this guy Dillon Gee and why isnt he talked about ?
Tango

London, UK

#35623 Jul 22, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
Kudos to Juan Lagares being voted the NL Player of the Week....just more of the Met future and youth displaying unreal talent, I cant wait till 2014 and beyond. In fact this team has played unreal baseball the last month...what a future !!!
Hey pecker breath Parnell blew the save tonight as the Braves beat the muts.......you said you admired Matt Harvey's naked body comparing to unbiased you sick fuckinhomo......LMFAO
Tango

London, UK

#35624 Jul 22, 2013
Braves fan wrote:
Who is this guy Dillon Gee and why isnt he talked about ?
This is the fat homo momma/tman....he lives in NC now he's a Braves fan......what a busted frontrunner.....LMFAO
Fast Eddie

Myrtle Beach, SC

#35626 Jul 26, 2013
Yeah, I know it's only one ball game, but Jenrry Mejia looked absolutely terrific today. All we had ever heard about was his 94-mph cutter; no one said very much about his breaking pitches, which today were devastating to Washington batters. It's hard to say if it was a slider, a splitter or a straight change, but whatever it was that he was throwing was in the 83-85 mph range and broke straight down! Jenrry didn't look anything like the youngster who was up with the club in '10-'11. He completely dominated after the first two innings.

Gary and Ron spoke about possible plans for the Mets to resort to a six-man rotation in order to space out the starts for Harvey and Wheeler the rest of the season. Mejia looks like the perfect guy to take the # 6 spot.

Veloz
Jerry Grote

AOL

#35627 Jul 26, 2013
Fast Eddie wrote:
Yeah, I know it's only one ball game, but Jenrry Mejia looked absolutely terrific today. All we had ever heard about was his 94-mph cutter; no one said very much about his breaking pitches, which today were devastating to Washington batters. It's hard to say if it was a slider, a splitter or a straight change, but whatever it was that he was throwing was in the 83-85 mph range and broke straight down! Jenrry didn't look anything like the youngster who was up with the club in '10-'11. He completely dominated after the first two innings.
Gary and Ron spoke about possible plans for the Mets to resort to a six-man rotation in order to space out the starts for Harvey and Wheeler the rest of the season. Mejia looks like the perfect guy to take the # 6 spot.
Veloz
Maybe he replaces Hefner? That little hot streak he had is over and he once again looks like he is better suited for long relief. I know thy aren't winning anything this year but they are a fun group to watch. They bounce back from terrible losses (2-1 to Atlanta, they don't rollover for anyone and they have youth for the future. They will win 50, they will lose 50 (already have 52) I just hope they do well enough in the other 62 or so to give us a little glimpse of a positive future.

“Lets go Mets/JETS”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#35628 Jul 27, 2013
I cant wait till 2014 and beyond with this team. Mets have a shot at becoming one of baseballs great dynasty led by the pitching staff. Sandy taking calls from suitors however as all of MLB knows, Sandy is in the drivers seat in all trades. Fianlly NY has a team to be proud of
Tango

London, UK

#35629 Jul 27, 2013
TMAN_Mets wrote:
I cant wait till 2014 and beyond with this team. Mets have a shot at becoming one of baseballs great dynasty led by the pitching staff. Sandy taking calls from suitors however as all of MLB knows, Sandy is in the drivers seat in all trades. Fianlly NY has a team to be proud of
Don't bet on it fatso momma......every year moron you quit on this team.....and for a 5th straight year a 4th place team with another losing record......no titles since 86......a pathetic garbage franchise from flushing with owners who'll only spend on Wright......what a joke of a team fatso momma......LMFAO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MATHEW NlMETZ==>>MUST GO! 28 min MACEDONIA ISGREECE 1
jets talk back (Dec '07) 45 min Paul Yanks 15,513
Wall around Disneyland 56 min WATCHING LIVONIA 3
Schumerís end of nose glasses 1 hr WATCHING LIVONIA 3
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... (Nov '16) 1 hr jimi-yank 6,239
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr June VanDerMark 326,802
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 2 hr Piggy 18,015
Giants talk back (Dec '06) 4 hr jimi-yank 7,435

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages