Fast Eddie

Myrtle Beach, SC

#35588 Jul 7, 2013
Terry Collins says that he's not thinking of platooning Ike Davis and Josh Satin at 1B this season. My question: why the hell not? How can he possibly keep a bat like Satin's on the bench against lefties? Does Terry seriously think that Ike has suddenly learned to hit southpaws? C'mon, TC, wake the frack up!

Veloz

“Another 240 million”

Since: May 09

Up in smoke

#35589 Jul 7, 2013
Since The Csptains closed door players only sit down after their last loss to the Cubs the kids are playing some good baseball...Road Warriors

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

#35590 Jul 7, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
Since The Csptains closed door players only sit down after their last loss to the Cubs the kids are playing some good baseball...Road Warriors

are you going to invite them to the suite at citi??

are you going to tell them you are paid by the mets?

are you going to tell them sandy calls you all the time?

You tell us this bs in the yank forum. why not share it with them...
Tango

Tempe, AZ

#35591 Jul 7, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
Hey fatso moron.....both Harvey and Wheeler got lit up like Christmas trees in their last outing.....stop talking stupid crap fatso.....you are a quitter big time.....you did so on here many of times in your tman profile.....you phony coward in the Carolinas.....LMFAO
Tango

Secaucus, NJ

#35592 Jul 7, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
are you going to invite them to the suite at citi??
are you going to tell them you are paid by the mets?
are you going to tell them sandy calls you all the time?
You tell us this bs in the yank forum. why not share it with them...
Sh it no....fatso won't even tell em he's been an outta work on welfare fat bum in the Carolinas for years either....hiding like a fat coward.......no Debbie nor Jen either......a liar, a stalker and a bitter foul mouth quitter is momma/tman in a nutshell.....
Jerry Grote

AOL

#35593 Jul 8, 2013
Fast Eddie wrote:
Terry Collins says that he's not thinking of platooning Ike Davis and Josh Satin at 1B this season. My question: why the hell not? How can he possibly keep a bat like Satin's on the bench against lefties? Does Terry seriously think that Ike has suddenly learned to hit southpaws? C'mon, TC, wake the frack up!
Veloz
Eddie, while we both know that Satin has been a minor leaguer for his career, and he was never in the Met future plans, I agree that you can't be sitting him while he is this hot. Play him against lefthanders, and maybe not just at first. He plays second and the outfield as well. While they aren't going to contend for the playoffs, every win gets them closer to .500 and also gets the losing attitude out of the clubhouse and organization.
If I'm Collins, I'm looking to do whatever it takes to win games, not soothe Ike Davis' ego.
Fast Eddie

Myrtle Beach, SC

#35594 Jul 8, 2013
I agree that Satin has looked like a completely different player this time around. He has a great eye at the plate, a short, hard stroke, and he beats left-handers like a tom-tom. Ike is looking a bit better since his desert vacation, but I'll bet he's still going to look like a fool against southpaws. A Satin-Davis platoon makes the most sense here. The guy whom Satin has replaced is Lucas Duda; and I'll wager that even after he cools down a bit, Josh will still be a better offensive player than Lucas.

Another platoon should be Nieuwenhuis and Lagares. They are the best options to patrol CF and don't hit well against pitchers who throw from the same side of the plate as the batter. Andrew (friend of the Kingfish) Brown could be used to give Marlon Byrd an occasional breather in RF, leaving LF to Eric Young, the only legitimate leadoff candidate/base-stealing threat the Mets have.

And while I'm at it, let's just stick a fork in Shawn Marcum, call him well-done, and turn the #5 spot in the rotation over to Carlos Torres, who has earned a shot at a real job.

Veloz

“Lets go Mets/JETS”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#35595 Jul 8, 2013
Fast Eddie wrote:
I agree that Satin has looked like a completely different player this time around. He has a great eye at the plate, a short, hard stroke, and he beats left-handers like a tom-tom. Ike is looking a bit better since his desert vacation, but I'll bet he's still going to look like a fool against southpaws. A Satin-Davis platoon makes the most sense here. The guy whom Satin has replaced is Lucas Duda; and I'll wager that even after he cools down a bit, Josh will still be a better offensive player than Lucas.
Another platoon should be Nieuwenhuis and Lagares. They are the best options to patrol CF and don't hit well against pitchers who throw from the same side of the plate as the batter. Andrew (friend of the Kingfish) Brown could be used to give Marlon Byrd an occasional breather in RF, leaving LF to Eric Young, the only legitimate leadoff candidate/base-stealing threat the Mets have.
And while I'm at it, let's just stick a fork in Shawn Marcum, call him well-done, and turn the #5 spot in the rotation over to Carlos Torres, who has earned a shot at a real job.
Veloz
You guys are forgetting this team is playing for 2014 and beyond which is why I'm so excited. This is a most exciting time to be a Mets fan so stop complaining about this year. Just be thankful you're not a JUICKEES fan as they'll soon be in last place to stay for years... LMAO!

“Lets go Mets/JETS”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#35596 Jul 8, 2013
And to all the longtime loyal Mets fans on here, just ignore Jimbo. I am not that momma poster
Jerry Grote

AOL

#35597 Jul 8, 2013
Fast Eddie wrote:
Veloz
Yes, I agree. It looks to me like Duda is odd man out. Maybe an AL team needs a DH type, and that means Duda. He won't bring you anything in return, but he doesn't do enough to warrant hanging on to him.
Marcum should also be designated for assignment. Darling said it best last week when he commented, "The only guy who's job is safe is Wright."
Tango

Dallas, TX

#35598 Jul 8, 2013
TMAN_Mets wrote:
And to all the longtime loyal Mets fans on here, just ignore Jimbo. I am not that momma poster
sure you are fatso......a fat coward like you momma chamberlin has admitted so on the Yankee thread ya friggin liar.....

“You have a right to....”

Since: Dec 07

protect yourself from Liberals

#35599 Jul 9, 2013
I see David Wright is the NL captain of the upcoming HR derby. Great player; but he can't hit one out of Citi. My money is on Cano

“Another 240 million”

Since: May 09

Up in smoke

#35600 Jul 9, 2013
Gutsy win for the kids last night who seem to be jelling on the road, a sure sign of great things to come. Harvey looked just average last night...for him anyway. He'll get one more start before the break then start the all-star game. For those of you sitting on the edge of your seat Collins was informed by Bochy two weeks ago that Matt would be getting the well deserved start...after all he's the best in the game

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

#35601 Jul 9, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
Gutsy win for the kids last night who seem to be jelling on the road, a sure sign of great things to come. Harvey looked just average last night...for him anyway. He'll get one more start before the break then start the all-star game. For those of you sitting on the edge of your seat Collins was informed by Bochy two weeks ago that Matt would be getting the well deserved start...after all he's the best in the game

did you invite any of them to the suite at citi? still working for the mets and jets? Have you told them of the blockbusters sandy is working on?

why not, you lie about it in the yank forum....c'mon tman/momma...let these fans know the same lies we get daily from you.
Tango

Tempe, AZ

#35602 Jul 9, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
Hey fatso momma/tman did you tell the folks on here on how impressed you were checking out Harvey being naked......started a poll on who's better and ripped harvey or the roid freak unbiased you sick homo fa ggot....

“Is this the best we have?”

Since: Aug 07

Emerald City

#35603 Jul 10, 2013
It's starting to get interesting. A little late but interesting.

“You have a right to....”

Since: Dec 07

protect yourself from Liberals

#35604 Jul 10, 2013
Met Mad Hatter wrote:
if you put a pad lock on CitiField and played your remaining games on the road,.500 is a distinct possibility
Clearwater Pete

Tampa, FL

#35605 Jul 10, 2013
Met Mad Hatter wrote:
MMH: As you know, when you pitch, you win. If the Mets continue to build up the pitching staff, as I'm sure they will,along with a couple of bats, they will be very competitive. They are getting closer and closer. They are going about it in the right way, this time around.
Fast Eddie

Myrtle Beach, SC

#35606 Jul 11, 2013
Clearwater Pete wrote:
<quoted text>MMH: As you know, when you pitch, you win. If the Mets continue to build up the pitching staff, as I'm sure they will,along with a couple of bats, they will be very competitive. They are getting closer and closer. They are going about it in the right way, this time around.
Agreed. The best road to championships is to construct a strong stable of SPs. In 1969, it was Seaver, Koosman and Gentry, supplemented by guys like McAndrew, Cardwell and a fellow named Nolan Ryan. In 1986, there was Gooden, Darling, Fernandez and Ojeda, plus Aguilera in spots. Looking ahead, I can foresee a Mets rotation of Harvey, Wheeler, Syndergaard, Niese and Hefner, which leaves Gee and Montero as trade bait. We all need to hope for continued development of these assets.

Veloz
Clearwater Pete

Tampa, FL

#35607 Jul 11, 2013
Fast Eddie wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. The best road to championships is to construct a strong stable of SPs. In 1969, it was Seaver, Koosman and Gentry, supplemented by guys like McAndrew, Cardwell and a fellow named Nolan Ryan. In 1986, there was Gooden, Darling, Fernandez and Ojeda, plus Aguilera in spots. Looking ahead, I can foresee a Mets rotation of Harvey, Wheeler, Syndergaard, Niese and Hefner, which leaves Gee and Montero as trade bait. We all need to hope for continued development of these assets.
Veloz
In the fifties it was Newcombe,Podres,Erskine, Koufax,J.Black.Believe Mets are convinced, building from within is the best way to go. The wife and I have become Rays fans and enjoy the success they have enjoyed,attributable to their pitching staff. I do a little posting on their forum and as usual I preach pitching as the top priority to winning.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 25 min FuMan Chu Yanks 332,945
HILLARY Releases MEDICAL - HYPERTROPHIED CLINTON ! 38 min Donald In Diapers... 3
TRUMP CONFESSES to BIG LIE ! Obama Born in the ... 40 min Donald In Diapers... 4
Topix Human Sexuality Forum Discontinued 41 min Jennifer 133
Giants talk back (Dec '06) 56 min jimi-yank 5,257
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 56 min Patriot AKA Bozo 61,443
jets talk back (Dec '07) 1 hr Paul Yanks 12,296
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 1 hr ChiefFan1 13,422
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 2 hr Bloody Bill Anderson 12,300

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages