“world champs, 3 in 9 years”

Since: Mar 13

Boston, Ma

#35401 Apr 29, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>Another good post Hatter....give Marcum a break his first game wasnt all bad coming off the injury, he'll be fine for what he's being used for...a seat warmer for the kids. McHugh might be a call-up but you can forget Montero, he's the jewell of the franchise and the player other teams ask for in all deals....Sandy just chuckles. Montero, Wheeler and Snyderagaard won't see the bigs until they are 100 percent ready for the show.....I cant wait for 2014 and beyond it's gonna be great

Stay out of the red sox thread. If this is your team, and it appears its just one of many, stay here.

Do these other people know you root for other teams?

Honestly,it appears you just go where a team wins and acts like a fan.
Fast Eddie

Myrtle Beach, SC

#35402 Apr 30, 2013
Can I be the only one who has noticed how frequently the Mets' defense comes apart whenever Bobby Parnell is on the mound? Ruben Tejada memorably threw away one of Bobby's save opportunities in Colorado about ten days ago.

Last night was more of the same: Collin Cowgill broke back on a blooper to CF in the ninth. That hesitation deprived the Mets of an out on what should have been a routine play, eventually leading to the Marlins' tying the game on a sac fly that should have been the third and game-ending out.

They were 1-for-14 with RISP last night. Here's a suggestion: send them all to Las Vegas and bring the 51ers to NY. I'm sick of watching this bunch.

Veloz

“Another 240 million”

Since: May 09

Up in smoke

#35403 Apr 30, 2013
Fast Eddie wrote:
Can I be the only one who has noticed how frequently the Mets' defense comes apart whenever Bobby Parnell is on the mound? Ruben Tejada memorably threw away one of Bobby's save opportunities in Colorado about ten days ago.
Last night was more of the same: Collin Cowgill broke back on a blooper to CF in the ninth. That hesitation deprived the Mets of an out on what should have been a routine play, eventually leading to the Marlins' tying the game on a sac fly that should have been the third and game-ending out.
They were 1-for-14 with RISP last night. Here's a suggestion: send them all to Las Vegas and bring the 51ers to NY. I'm sick of watching this bunch.
Veloz
Good post Eddie....I've also observed Bobby hitting the gun at 95-100 every outing with breaking stuff that makes hitters knees buckle...10Ks 1BB 11Inn..1.59 ERA but more importantly a 0.62 WHIP....Nothing wrong with Bobby he can only control what happens for 60ft 6in...it'll only get better

“Is this the best we have?”

Since: Aug 07

Emerald City

#35404 Apr 30, 2013
I've had about enough!!!! A good game blown by terrible defense. Harvey and Niese are the only pitchers worth watching!! What the he## are they waiting for, lightning to strike!!! Bring up the kiddy core. Hefner!!! are you kidding me he's a minor league batting practice pitcher. Marcum, how old is this crud. Hey Ikey boy how the hell long are we going to wait for you to figure out you are swinging to early maybe a week on the bench let Turner play. Davis right now you are stinking worse then the bathrooms at old Shea!!!!! Collins!! it's about time you blew a gasket at these guys and told them if they don't start playing like pros they can all go back to the minors!!! If they go 10 games under 500 then Citi becomes a mausoleum!! Maybe we need that so the F@@k&*g Wilpons will be forced to sell this team and we can get some real owners!!
Jerry Grote

AOL

#35405 Apr 30, 2013
Met Mad Hatter wrote:
I've had about enough!!!! A good game blown by terrible defense. Harvey and Niese are the only pitchers worth watching!! What the he## are they waiting for, lightning to strike!!! Bring up the kiddy core. Hefner!!! are you kidding me he's a minor league batting practice pitcher. Marcum, how old is this crud. Hey Ikey boy how the hell long are we going to wait for you to figure out you are swinging to early maybe a week on the bench let Turner play. Davis right now you are stinking worse then the bathrooms at old Shea!!!!! Collins!! it's about time you blew a gasket at these guys and told them if they don't start playing like pros they can all go back to the minors!!! If they go 10 games under 500 then Citi becomes a mausoleum!! Maybe we need that so the F@@k&*g Wilpons will be forced to sell this team and we can get some real owners!!
This is exactly as advertised. Only the foolish person would think this year they were going to be in contention. They are at least a year from competing. Just relax and watch baseball. Panic like this if it is 2015 and we are watching the same results.

Emerald City

#35406 Apr 30, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>Another good post Hatter....give Marcum a break his first game wasnt all bad coming off the injury, he'll be fine for what he's being used for...a seat warmer for the kids. McHugh might be a call-up but you can forget Montero, he's the jewell of the franchise and the player other teams ask for in all deals....Sandy just chuckles. Montero, Wheeler and Snyderagaard won't see the bigs until they are 100 percent ready for the show.....I cant wait for 2014 and beyond it's gonna be great
No no no no no no...2014!!! are you kidding me. You want to win in the league you have to bring up the players that are performing and get God awful aggressive like the team across the river. That team will tear off you head and dump down your neck if it means a win!!!! We have to get some of that and coddling players is not the way!!!! Bring them uuuuuuppppppp!!!!!

Emerald City

#35407 Apr 30, 2013
Jerry Grote wrote:
<quoted text>
This is exactly as advertised. Only the foolish person would think this year they were going to be in contention. They are at least a year from competing. Just relax and watch baseball. Panic like this if it is 2015 and we are watching the same results.
Yeah..
Sure.... I bet the Cubs fans say a lot of that too. Wait til 2014...2015...2016..etc...etc. .. 1986 the last time we won!!!! 27 yrs ago. 2000 the last time we made it to the series 13 yrs ago. I am tired of waiting.
Fast Eddie

Myrtle Beach, SC

#35408 May 1, 2013
Well, it was a Perfect Shitstorm, wasn't it? Jeremy Hefner pitched the game of his professional life and got stuck with an undeserved L because everything that could go wrong for him and the Mets, did. Okay, Hefner gave up an inning-opening single, but that was the full extent of his culpability.

Anthony Recker--whose name ought to begin with a W--clearly should have caught the high fastball that Juan Pierre managed to miss completely on his bunt attempt, but he didn't.[W]Recker's I'll-advised throw to 3B on Pierre's next bunt attempt was the cornerstone of the meltdown. But the piece de resistance was umpire Tim McClelland's lazy-ass failure to get himself in the proper position to see Coghlan's overslide of third base, which offense he immediately compounded by refusing to seek help from his colleagues. His obstinacy should earn him a stiff fine from the MLB office, but I won't be holding my breath on that. A blopp single and a wild pitch finished it all off.

And what have we learned from this? 1- When you're going through a bad spell, the most unimaginably awful things will happen to you. And 2- If you are a Mets fan, there is no limit to the amount of crap you will be forced to endure.

Veloz

Emerald City

#35409 May 1, 2013
Well Met fans after the Atlanta series we have 16, count them 16 games in a row and with a pitching staff that has only one pitcher going more than 5 inning per game it May doesn't look like a good month.
the don

Roslyn Heights, NY

#35410 May 1, 2013
Jerry Grote wrote:
<quoted text>
Get use to it...you want to win you need pitching, defense and a lineup that doesn't make oppising pitchers laugh..try 2016 maybe!

“Another 240 million”

Up in smoke

#35411 May 1, 2013
Jerry Grote wrote:
<quoted text>
Bingo Jerry
Clearwater Pete

Tampa, FL

#35412 May 1, 2013
Way to go MMH. Feel better now? Glad to see your back. Too bad the Mets are causing your BP to go up. I'm with you. It's ok to sit back, relax and watch,but "enjoy" I don't think so. These are tough times.I didn't bother to pay $190 for the baseball package this year. Been watching the Rays. They are frustrating enough. Caught a couple of Mets games,but not up to date on who's who.
Tango

Phoenix, AZ

#35413 May 1, 2013
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>Bingo Jerry
Hey fatso......pitching and the lineup suck in flushing so does the farm system......looooooong time away fatso.....and this is usually the month you come on as tman with your quitting ways you clueless crackhead frontrunner moron......LMFAO
Tango

Phoenix, AZ

#35414 May 1, 2013
the don wrote:
<quoted text> Get use to it...you want to win you need pitching, defense and a lineup that doesn't make oppising pitchers laugh..try 2016 maybe!
Agree.....100%

Emerald City

#35415 May 2, 2013
Clearwater Pete wrote:
Way to go MMH. Feel better now? Glad to see your back. Too bad the Mets are causing your BP to go up. I'm with you. It's ok to sit back, relax and watch,but "enjoy" I don't think so. These are tough times.I didn't bother to pay $190 for the baseball package this year. Been watching the Rays. They are frustrating enough. Caught a couple of Mets games,but not up to date on who's who.
Hi Pete good to hear from you. Yeah save your money Pete this team isn't worth the watch and I am tired of being told that the "Big Team" isn't going to be competitive this year, but we've got the players for 2 years down the rod. Really? Why wait. Let the fans enjoy something. What's most upsetting is that some fans accept this. Give me 1977 all over again when Met fans abandoned them because of a stupid move of trading Tom Seaver and that move forced the team to be sold because M. Donald Grant and Co. were losing money. The Wilpons need to sell.

Emerald City

#35416 May 2, 2013
Being a baseball fan means that you support your team in good times as well as bad times, but it doesn't mean that you accept the fact that ownership has decided to field a team that will not be competitive and you'll have to wait until they feel it is time to bring up the players that can make the team competitive because they want to have an extra year before arbitration. That is a financial reason and if that stupid reason is the only reason you are holding back some of your players then it is time to sell the team. Seaver was traded for financial reasons Grant was to cheap to pay him a good salary. The fans are the ones that pay the salaries of the players and put profit into the coffers of the owners. Baseball has become a business and like any other business you have to reinvest some of your profits into it in order for it to be successful. The Mets are not doing that, they are holding back so they can squeeze every last drop of blood from this stone.

“Go Ahead Liberal, Make My Day”

Since: Dec 07

Florida...home of Trump

#35417 May 2, 2013
Met Mad Hatter wrote:
Being a baseball fan means that you support your team in good times as well as bad times, but it doesn't mean that you accept the fact that ownership has decided to field a team that will not be competitive and you'll have to wait until they feel it is time to bring up the players that can make the team competitive because they want to have an extra year before arbitration. That is a financial reason and if that stupid reason is the only reason you are holding back some of your players then it is time to sell the team. Seaver was traded for financial reasons Grant was to cheap to pay him a good salary. The fans are the ones that pay the salaries of the players and put profit into the coffers of the owners. Baseball has become a business and like any other business you have to reinvest some of your profits into it in order for it to be successful. The Mets are not doing that, they are holding back so they can squeeze every last drop of blood from this stone.
great post Met but I as I recall, Seaver wanted out. Yes, M Donald had done some damage but because after Mrs. Payson died, the family's involvement lessoned. It was inevitable they were going to sell the club; Met fans back then wished they had done it sooner

Emerald City

#35418 May 2, 2013
Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
great post Met but I as I recall, Seaver wanted out. Yes, M Donald had done some damage but because after Mrs. Payson died, the family's involvement lessened. It was inevitable they were going to sell the club; Met fans back then wished they had done it sooner
That maybe so but M. Donald Grant would have been the main reason Seaver wanted out. You are right that after Joan Payson died her daughter Lorinda De Roulette let go the reins of the team and Grant took over 100% even though he only owned 10% of the team. It was Grant's insistence of taking the parking money, concession sales, and making the Jets pay to have the bathrooms attended that also caused the Jets to move, but that is another story. My main theme here is that the owners of winning organizations reinvest some of there profits into the team to make sure they have a competitive product on the field. It irks me to no end when I and told "This is the product they advertised we were going to get" and "well if this was 2014 then you could be upset". BULL a real franchise fields a competitive team every year and competitive means the best players you have available every year. Now is this starting rotation the best the Mets can field right now? I don't think so. Bring up those kids this month and screw the extra years arbitration or by the end of this month you will lose the whole season no one wants to watch a team that is 10 games under 500 by the end of May. They have a 16 straight game stretch this month it starts on May 6 with the White Sox and ends on May 22 with the Reds followed by 1 day off and another 8 games in a row.
Fast Eddie

Myrtle Beach, SC

#35420 May 2, 2013
Even if we could bring back the Mets pitching staffs from 1969 and 1986, the current lineup would not be able to generate enough offense to win 81 games. Watching them flounder at bat for six games made me sick. I'm not sure how much of this I can watch.

Veloz

“Another 240 million”

Up in smoke

#35421 May 2, 2013
Congratulations to Matt Harvey being named NL Pitcher of the month.... It's the first of many many times for him before his career is over it's gonna be fun watching him fight Wheeler, Montero and Syndergaard for the award every month...he's gonna be a great number 3 starter for them

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need Help With College Expenses 4 min Nikki 10
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 23 min Junket 330,452
Bloomberg behind March for our lives? 1 hr WATCHING LIVONIA 3
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 1 hr jimi-yank 343,213
Run,Run, Run, The Republicans are Coming! (Jan '11) 4 hr 2 Dogs 2,368
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... (Nov '16) 9 hr Maude 6,686
Word Association (Jul '10) 9 hr winner 7,714

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance