Once again, A-Rod makes himself bigger than the game -

Full story: Newsday 258
For the three or four of you out there who still believed Alex Rodriguez cared about more than just Alex Rodriguez, then hopefully his antics last night finally changed your mind. Full Story
Jim

AOL

#61 Oct 29, 2007
Moooooose wrote:
<quoted text>
Theo Epstein is too smart to replace Mike Lowell (The world series MVP) with A-Rod. A-Rod's a great player but there's no way they should mess with thier formula.
I agree Moose, however, he could become the Boston SS.
I have supported AROD from day 1 but his final act was in poor taste.
Very few Yankee fans supported his presence, some with good reason, others for reasons known only to them. I appreciated the numbers he put up and question how the Yankees will replace them. He hit over .300 and averaged 43HR's and 138 RBI's over 4 years. How do you begin to replace numbers like that?
One final point, I don't believe the Yankees should reconsider. They took a stance and should not move from it. Bye AROD!
jeff

West New York, NJ

#62 Oct 29, 2007
Goodbye s.c.u.m.b.a.g.....

One day you will regret turning your back on all of the fans that you had in each city that you played in. These are the very same people who paid to see you play and bought your products. You copyrighted your name in order to make even more money.

You are a greedy p.r.i.c.k. You are the reason I will forever have apathy toward any professional athlete and their "troubles".

You and Barry and Jason have destroyed the game.

BTW, I never thought your were an MVP. Jorge Posada deserved it more than you did this year.

Pussy.
Jim

AOL

#63 Oct 29, 2007
not again wrote:
<quoted text>
they've been there done that already in the 2000th century, what about the yankees their just a bad as the mets.
can't wait for boston's three-peat next year.....
Before you get all worked up, another Boston win in '08 would be back to back or repeat-not 3 peat.
Old School

Port Washington, NY

#64 Oct 29, 2007
Being a Mets fan, ARod's ego is very well documented, with all the demands he put on the Mets a few years back during negotiations. The Yankees are probably better off without him, and they can spend the money elsewhere in rebuilding.

But to say that he is the sole cause in upstaging the World Series is totally absurd. It is the media and World Series coverage which allowed the story to be overblown while the Redsox were busy winning the WS again. ARod totally played the media, and they let it happen because of their own greed in always needing to be the ones to get the story out first. And then a Newsday reporter has the chutzpah to chastise ARod for all this? Talk about the ultimate hypocrasy!!!
Tom

Caroga Lake, NY

#65 Oct 29, 2007
No, it's you the media that is making him bigger then the game by constantly reporting about everything Arod says or does. Granted, that's the price of fame,but he's not the one going to the media. By constantly putting this kind of stuff in the news, make no mistake, you the media have made him bigger then the game.
Chin

Hillsborough, NC

#66 Oct 29, 2007
nancy wrote:
I love how all the Yankee fans are crying how Arod sucks and they should let him go. These are the same fans that were kissing his ass in April and May saying he's the greatest player alive. HA HA HA!!!!
Roses are red, Violets are blue, A-Rod sucks and so do you! Kiss my a-s...
Johnny Yankee

West New York, NJ

#67 Oct 29, 2007
Ken wrote:
I'm glad he opted out. I'm a Met's fan and this definately weakens the Yankees. I hope the Mets sign him. I could care less about his ego. A star athelete with a huge ego, like we haven't seen that ever before....
C'mon Ken, you're not really a Met fan. No Met fan wants A-Rod.
frank

New York, NY

#68 Oct 29, 2007
What is he suppose to do be loyal to a the Yanks? His third team already. For a future hof'er that's a lot.
If he was bad the Yanks would be trying to get out of paying his contract, LIKE THEY DID FOR GIAMBI.
There is no loyalty either by the Yanks or Aroid. That's sports.
Get all the cash while you can.
simpson

New York, NY

#69 Oct 29, 2007
Just imagine how happy Derek Jeter is today.
Come on

Raleigh, NC

#70 Oct 29, 2007
Can you really blame anyone for wanting to get out of the Bronx, and away from the NY Yankees. He's just another player, replace him, there are plenty of upcoming players. It's about the money for him, as it would be for most of the readers on the Newsday. You would think this was December 7, 1941. It's a game, move on.
CDJ

Hempstead, NY

#72 Oct 29, 2007
Since when is A-Rod the only person to ever leave a job for more money? Guess what Yankee fans: The only people who want to play for the Yankees because of their "mystique" are Yankee fans and Derek Jeter.

A-Rod doesn't owe you anything, especially a fan base that did nothing but crap all over him for a year. Then when he started hitting monster homeruns you all jumped right on the bandwagon. How is he supposed to feel any loyalty to the Yankees when they offered him none. Getting booed by Yankee fans, getting dropped to eighth in the order by Torre, getting harassed by the Post, being picked at for every groundout or strikeout.

Where were the boobirds when Jeter turned the ALDS into his own personal double-play showcase? Where were all the Yankee fans when Jeter couldn't get the ball out of the infield? Yankee fans didn't want A-Rod from day one and you all got your wish, so don't piss and moan about loyalty when there was none on your side to begin with.
James P

Albany, NY

#73 Oct 29, 2007
He's the best for getting to the post-season. But look at what he does when the pressure is on - he's a flippin' choke artist.
No good when you need him, but great for empty stats.
Let him go play for some backwater squad and enjoy living in Missisaugua or Toledo. Count your money, A-Fraud, there aint no better place to play than NY!

Since: Sep 07

Auburn, ME

#74 Oct 29, 2007
Good riddance to an egotistical, arrogant October-choking p*ssy.
Murray the K

New York, NY

#75 Oct 29, 2007
Good Riddance to the A-Rod, the only one in New York City to loose out are the Chemists (for all the Lexa-pro he must take) and all the topless bottomless dancers and prostitutes that he sees on an almost daily basis. A very weird guy, in a very weird marraige, it makes one sick just seeing him in the papers.

Since: Sep 07

Auburn, ME

#76 Oct 29, 2007
Good riddance to an egotistical, arrogant October-choking p-u-s-s-y.
Met Fan

Elizabeth, NJ

#77 Oct 29, 2007
Johnny Yankee wrote:
As I always said about A-Rod, Yankee pride does not exist with him. For him, its all about the money.
I only hope the only team that makes him leave the Yanks is a bottom dwelling club that will never make the playoffs for the rest of his career. To leave the greatest sports franchise in american sport for the sake of a few extra million dollars, shows no heart......and that's coming from a MET FAN. The greatest stage, the greatest city, the greatest team and 240 million dollars let him go. I hope he never gets a ring
JOE TORRE

Tampa, FL

#78 Oct 29, 2007
tO BAD HE NEVER STEALS THE SPOTLIGHT IN THE PLAYOFFS OR IN THE CLUTCH
Met Fan

Brooklyn, NY

#79 Oct 29, 2007
I don't know why they call him A-Rod. What they should call him is "A-Bucks"
Cappy

United States

#80 Oct 29, 2007
Here is were the Yanks get desperate and pay Bonds $20 million a year to flex his muscles.

“27 wins”

Since: Jan 07

Bradford, PA

#81 Oct 29, 2007
You notice Brokebach previously predicted A-Rod would stay, and is no angry that A-Rod didn't take his advice.

None of Scott Boras's clients are team players, and it often bites 'em back: ask Jeff Weaver how opting out of St Louis worked out for him. Boras has a lifestyle to maintain and a cut of a new contract is his life's blood. You can bet he's been telling Alex how he should go someplace where he's "appreciated."

Maybe the Dodgers will show him the money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Unemployment rate at 5.8%, great job Obama 3 hr Proud Liberal 1
Fox is going down (Dec '09) 3 hr dog eat dog 5,747
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 4 hr Ind Thinker 16,705
Protesters return to New York, despite mayor's ... 6 hr Sunshine 11
Anti-cop protesters flood NYC despite de Blasio... 6 hr Sunshine 3
New York police shooting: Mayor Bill de Blasio ... 6 hr Ronald 2
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 6 hr cpeter1313 307,057
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 9 hr Listen dude 311,684

New York News Video

New York Dating