Once again, A-Rod makes himself bigge...

Once again, A-Rod makes himself bigger than the game -

There are 258 comments on the Newsday story from Oct 29, 2007, titled Once again, A-Rod makes himself bigger than the game -. In it, Newsday reports that:

For the three or four of you out there who still believed Alex Rodriguez cared about more than just Alex Rodriguez, then hopefully his antics last night finally changed your mind.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 13
Next Last
mac

Garden City, NY

#1 Oct 29, 2007
"Bigger than the game"? Yeah, he wishes. Sorry, Arod -what does the A stand for again? Ha.
Victor - E Setauket

Budd Lake, NJ

#2 Oct 29, 2007
Posada, Rivera, Pettite are Yankees and always will be. Jeter? He will be in Monument Park. A-rod is a mercenary and always will be. His Hall of Fame hat will be multi-colored with a huge "M" on it. Good bye.
divx

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Oct 29, 2007
the bombers need a total overhaul -- the team should opt out of abreu's contract and let posada, mo, and andy go. let the 21 year olds come up from the minors and figure it out. i wouldn't mind not making the playoffs for the next year or two if we can set up a core of guys led by cano and melky.
Yanks Stink

Melville, NY

#4 Oct 29, 2007
Alex Rodriguez deserves no respect!
not again

Denver, CO

#5 Oct 29, 2007
quote...."For the three or four of you out there who still believed Alex Rodriguez cared about more than just Alex Rodriguez, then hopefully his antics last night finally changed your mind. Because A-Rod is all about A-Rod -- always has been, and always will be.
By letting super-agent Scott Boras announce to the world late last night that he was opting out of his contract, A-Rod managed to upstage the final innings of the Red Sox's World Series-clinching victory as well as the final hours of the Yankees' first managerial search in 12 years."

bye-bye alex.....thank you for showing us NY'ers your real side, not that we didn't know it already.
(and yes i live on LI, even thou my ISP is different)
Linc

Chesterfield, MO

#6 Oct 29, 2007
Boras is a pimp and Rodriguez plays the game with all the desire of hooker at the end of a busy convention weekend. They deserve each other and I hope they get a trillion dollar contract in some baseball backwater where the king of baseball can quietly build up personal statistics and fade off into baseball obscurity.
Bronx Jaz

Denver, CO

#7 Oct 29, 2007
C YA ... Don't let the door hit you in the a_s ... I'm tired of unproductive at bats ... Let's hire Girardi, bring up some young guys and play baseball the way it is taught ... we need to move runners and put pressure on the opposition ... I just hope some of our young pitchers are successful!
Tommy

Holtsville, NY

#8 Oct 29, 2007
I think hes a greedy foolish ignorant person. May no team pick him up!
Good Bye

Oviedo, FL

#9 Oct 29, 2007
Look up Classless loser in the Dictionary and you see a picture of A-Rod
Hated

Centereach, NY

#10 Oct 29, 2007
A-rod is a pansy anyway. Let him and his manly wife get the f out of here. Boras is scumbag and $-rod is a puppet.
Meanwhile Lowell (Yank's had) just won the World Series MVP and Manny (Yank's never wanted) who played in Washington Heights just got another ring.
venom

Albany, NY

#11 Oct 29, 2007
divx wrote:
the bombers need a total overhaul -- the team should opt out of abreu's contract and let posada, mo, and andy go. let the 21 year olds come up from the minors and figure it out. i wouldn't mind not making the playoffs for the next year or two if we can set up a core of guys led by cano and melky.
unless you are a ticket buying customer, your ' wouldn't mind not making the playoffs for the next year or two' is as empty as Arod's previous speeches of wanting to contribute to the Yankee winning tradition
Jacie

AOL

#12 Oct 29, 2007
A-Rod's and Boras' timing of this was pathetic and I agree..a ploy for attention at the wrong time-- no matter what Yankee fans feel about the Red Sox. Personally, I am left very disappointed with the owners and Levine re: Torre and now with Alex and his total BS. He needs a team where HE and only HE is the center of attention, and I am sad to see that. I'm still more upset about the handling of Torre.
Vote Union

Brooklyn, NY

#13 Oct 29, 2007
It's A-Rod's duty to his fraternal brothers in the MLB that he goes out to free agency and establishes the new standard for contracts - since his mega deal the owners have found gigantic new revenue streams such as MLB.tv and all of the regional sports networks - time for them to share that revenue with the people who bring it in.
reality check

Yonkers, NY

#14 Oct 29, 2007
first thing I thought of this morning when I hear the news. I have no problem with A-Rod opting out. that is his choice, but the timing was a slap in the face to MLB and Red Sox. Guess it proves what so many believe about him: it's all about A-Rod.
JoeIndy

United States

#15 Oct 29, 2007
Bye A-FRAUD! This was all about 'giving it' to the Yankees fans. Boston wins world series and ARod beats town. Same night. Let him go. Let him sign with Red Sox so he can come to Yankees stadium. This is the time for the Yankees to shine. Get Miguel Cabrera (3B) for whatever it takes. He will bring so much more for far less money. Add Joe Girardi and the Yankees will be back on track. That will be a young group with hunger for champions. Now Jeter is free to be himself with no comparisons and distractions. Jeter will always be the shortstop. I am sure he is breathing a sigh of relief. We all are.
Ken

Bellflower, CA

#16 Oct 29, 2007
I'm glad he opted out. I'm a Met's fan and this definately weakens the Yankees. I hope the Mets sign him. I could care less about his ego. A star athelete with a huge ego, like we haven't seen that ever before....
Jakers

Charlotte, NC

#17 Oct 29, 2007
A-Rod was by far the most productive Yankee in the last 4 years, and the ONLY reason you bums made the playoffs this year. You love your Yankees each off-season when they try to buy a World Series by over paying for losers like Kevin Brown, Randy Johnson, Jason Giambi, Bobby Abreu, etc. etc. etc. But then if and when you don't win, you all start crying about those same players. Get over yourselves. There a lot more garbage on that team to be thrown out besides A-Rod. Go ahead and pay twice as much for Jorge as he's worth and lets see what his numbers look like next year. Keep playing your Daughtry mp3 of "It's Not Over", but guess what, it is! Experience the Red Sox Nation domination losers.
CDJ

Wantagh, NY

#18 Oct 29, 2007
I think that Newsday and ESPN and eveyrone else greatly overestimates how much people care about A-Rod and the Yankees.

Like the Yankees have some mythical hold over everyone's imagination and that we all drop everything when we hear the word "Yankees."

Nobody cares. A-Rod gets all this attention because Newsday, instead of putting the World Series champs on the back page, put A-Rod on there.
deadkurtrulz

Charlotte, NC

#19 Oct 29, 2007
Victor - agreed. Arod is stat-ho that plays for the love of money and the love of arod only.
alex rodriguez 6 for 56

Levittown, NY

#20 Oct 29, 2007
There isn't a bone of decency or humanity in this soulless individual.

There are winning ballplayers (Ortiz, Jeter, Pedroia, Bernie Williams,) and statistic ballplayers (A-Rod, Trevor Hoffman, Billy Wagner)

This is good news for the Yankees. Go spend this money on Johan Santana.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Aquarius-WY 340,570
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 2 hr NYStateOfMind 344,587
News Cutting of pastor's role called 'vindictive' (Oct '08) 2 hr save your souls 8,792
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 4 hr jimi-yank 47,489
News See it: Queens crook sticks tongue out at guard... 4 hr tru dat 1
News Racial income gap in Monroe County is startling 5 hr RachelsGonnaRach 21
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... (Nov '16) 5 hr NEMO 7,486

New York Jobs

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages