Food Stamp Scammers Shipping Groceries to Caribbean

Full story: News Max
Some New Yorkers on welfare assistance are using their food stamps to buy and ship groceries to relatives in Haiti, Jamaica, and the Dominican Republic, The New York Post reports . Full Story
BlameItOnTheFren ch

Bryn Mawr, PA

#1 Aug 17, 2013
Have a neighbor from Haiti with at least two homes complaining his food stamps ran out among other things. No college degree or contractors license. But good old fashioned hard work bought at least two houses with in one in NYC? His kids say 3-4 properties.

The same neighbor after being layed off for over a year got a big screen and satellite dish and then some. Paid for Caribbean vacation, all while unemployed. He's also complaining he can't get utility bill assistance on his second home. Nor can he get a loan modification on his second home. He way over payed at the peak of the housing bubble. He feels discriminated against.

All of his friends and family are always driving top of line or luxary cars when they visit. They are always dressed to the hilt. I've had to pick up their trash including receipts for full priced clothing. He brought and has the best lawn mower on the block.

Point being when I hear him talk about his food stamps running out or can't get assistance ment for the destitute poor I find it hard to believe that he and his fellow countrymen are not defrauding the US taxpayer and running the same scam.

Yes, he hasn't learned how to budget or shop like many US citizens but as an immigrant he has no business feeling entitled to charity benefits ment for the most desperate US citizens. This food stamps used to ship food overseas scam is probably just the tip of the iceberg.

If he wants to help his country as do other immigrants they should learn how to lobby their congressman and charity groups for full fledged aide to their country. But I don't think that's what they want since a lot of this food winds up being sold on the black market.
BlameItOnTheFren ch

Bryn Mawr, PA

#2 Aug 20, 2013
So these supposedly 'tired and POOR' immigrants take welfare/food stamp money and fill a barrel with up to $2000 of food AND pay up to two thousand dollars to have their relatives smuggled from Haiti.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/06/19/3460364...

What else is being smuggled with those 'immigrants', soldiers for their organization?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Massive fire in Brooklyn engulfs warehouse 7 min barefoot2626 4
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 17 min Captain Yesterday 50,487
"Selma" - Start talking and thinking 36 min 2brosewilder 21
Police with rifles walking the streets of NY 54 min wondering 5
Ode to Bush (Mar '09) 1 hr mjjcpa 1,827
OBAMA is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Nov '10) 1 hr mjjcpa 17,568
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 1 hr -Sprocket- 9,800
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Pearl Jam 308,060
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 1 hr Unbiased Padres Fan 312,896
Nassau/Suffolk High School Football (Nov '11) 10 hr Fb fan 12,109

Winter Storm Watch for New York County was issued at January 31 at 3:50PM EST

New York News Video

New York Dating
Find my Match