Emotional Favre: The fire is gone

Emotional Favre: The fire is gone

There are 8 comments on the Newsday story from Mar 6, 2008, titled Emotional Favre: The fire is gone. In it, Newsday reports that:

There is no doubt in Brett Favre 's mind that he can still play quarterback at a very high level.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Jim Reed

Vashon, WA

#1 Mar 6, 2008
I grew up in San Francisco. I watched Y.A. Tittle at St. Mary's College training camp (Red Hickey, the coach), and John Brodie and Joe Montana and Steve Young and Jeff Garcia. I never realized what great quarterbacks I was watching. When I look at Brett, I think that I never really appreciated his capabilities above other quarterbacks. I suspect that it will ever be thus. I will only appreciate them when they are gone. (Ignore spelling from here on out) But I did appreciate Nitscke, Butkus, Nomelini, Huff, Green, White, Seau, etc. Is it only the defensive players we appreciate during their play and the offensive players after they retire (e.g., Berry, McGee, Saloman, Owens, Sanders, Sweetness, etc.)
James Dean

Lindenhurst, NY

#2 Mar 6, 2008
Now that's Class.

Since: Sep 07

Trevor, WI

#3 Mar 6, 2008
Brett Favre, in my opinion, will be known as the greatest quarterback ever in the NFL. There are a lot of Green Bay fans drowning their tears in mugs of locally brewed beer in taverns all over Wisconsin tonight. But I'm happy he retired when he did - at the top of his game. No one can replace him, but the Packers will always be great to the home town fans. Something selling out at sport stores is a t-shirt that says, "Favre 4 President". I bought one and just may write him in when I vote in November.

“YANKS 27 Time World Champions”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#4 Mar 6, 2008
Jim Reed wrote:
I grew up in San Francisco. I watched Y.A. Tittle at St. Mary's College training camp (Red Hickey, the coach), and John Brodie and Joe Montana and Steve Young and Jeff Garcia. I never realized what great quarterbacks I was watching. When I look at Brett, I think that I never really appreciated his capabilities above other quarterbacks. I suspect that it will ever be thus. I will only appreciate them when they are gone.(Ignore spelling from here on out) But I did appreciate Nitscke, Butkus, Nomelini, Huff, Green, White, Seau, etc. Is it only the defensive players we appreciate during their play and the offensive players after they retire (e.g., Berry, McGee, Saloman, Owens, Sanders, Sweetness, etc.)
Your an old timer,aayy...
NYG SB Champs

Bronx, NY

#5 Mar 6, 2008
Favre had a great career, his numbers speak to that. Never missed a game, a great leader, the epitome of what a franchise quarterback means. I wish him well and will applaud the day he's inducted into Canton.
Bangkok Bill

Bangkok, Thailand

#6 Mar 6, 2008
Leaving with class,and a lot of $$$$ in the bank.I hope Tyson and OJ read this(they won't),see the difference,it is as plain as black and white.
tb bear

Carpentersville, IL

#7 Mar 7, 2008
James Dean wrote:
Now that's Class.
Now that's a crybaby!!
eric

Neillsville, WI

#8 Mar 7, 2008
You mean like Brian Dicklicker,who hid arthetic back and played half assed with a sore neck,then had surgery,,,and of course the overated one wants a new contract when the bears have way to many holes to fill!, Now thats class!!

by the way Favre has more division titles then the Bears have had since the 80:S have a nice day and great try!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 16 min TMShyster 36,437
Time to go? 19 min Citizen 2,575
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 30 min jimi-yank 319,399
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 55 min DBWriter 5,744
Poll Who weighs more? 1 hr Sunoco Todd 70
We VS We (Nov '09) 2 hr Two Dogs 1,967
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr Brian_G 310,367
More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages