Mark Madoff Found Dead in Suicide

Mark Madoff Found Dead in Suicide

There are 65 comments on the The New York Times story from Dec 11, 2010, titled Mark Madoff Found Dead in Suicide. In it, The New York Times reports that:

Mark Madoff, the older of Bernard L. Madoff's two sons, was found dead in his Manhattan apartment on Saturday, the second anniversary of the day his father was arrested for running a gigantic Ponzi scheme that shattered thousands of lives around the world, The New York Times's Diana B. Henriques reports .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The New York Times.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Les

United States

#1 Dec 11, 2010
He was scared of prisona and therefore, killed himself
andet1987

Lyons, IL

#2 Dec 11, 2010
oh my.. what a waste. he looks so handsome. he does not deserve to die that young. and it's not his fault. his dad was a scammer, not him.
hmk

Johnstown, PA

#4 Dec 11, 2010
andet1987 wrote:
oh my.. what a waste. he looks so handsome. he does not deserve to die that young. and it's not his fault. his dad was a scammer, not him.
You should do the same.

“TheseDays”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#5 Dec 11, 2010
Father can further ponder the legacy he left behind to his sons.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#6 Dec 11, 2010
well.. that is probably the best choice for him. .
andet1987

Franksville, WI

#7 Dec 12, 2010
Viva wrote:
Father can further ponder the legacy he left behind to his sons.
hi Viva :)

are you my buddy from New Mexico ?:)

Andet

“Another 240 million”

Since: May 09

Up in smoke

#8 Dec 12, 2010
I wonder if Fred Wilpon was in his will??.....i'd like to see them make more millions off the Madoffs...LMAO
andet1987

Franksville, WI

#9 Dec 12, 2010
momma chamberlin wrote:
I wonder if Fred Wilpon was in his will??.....i'd like to see them make more millions off the Madoffs...LMAO
why is your name "momma" and your picture is a man ?:)

Since: Dec 07

Parker, CO

#10 Dec 12, 2010
Karma can be a b*tch, and sometimes she has PMS!
andet1987

Franksville, WI

#11 Dec 12, 2010
EverydayAmerican wrote:
Karma can be a b*tch, and sometimes she has PMS!
momma chamberlain is a woman ? where she got his beard ?:)

“NM Desert Rat”

Since: Mar 08

Elephant Butte, N.M.

#13 Dec 12, 2010
livingcreature wrote:
well.. that is probably the best choice for him..
Suicide is never a best choice. It is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. It is even worse for the wife and child he left behind.
Kat

Coffeyville, KS

#14 Dec 12, 2010
NM Desert Rat wrote:
<quoted text>
Suicide is never a best choice. It is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. It is even worse for the wife and child he left behind.
What was even worse was that the coward did this with his 2 yr. old son in the house. I find people who do this to be cowards, nothing more. It may solve everything for you but it leaves so much more on the family left behind. Even his father wasn't that much of a coward.

Since: Nov 10

Monte Vista, Colorado

#15 Dec 12, 2010
I guess now that all the lawsuits have been filed by wronged parties last week (Saturday was the deadline for filing such suits), Madoff's list of victims and the amount they lost will be going public. The New York Times said "thousands" of celebrities lost fortunes. I heard Steven Spielberg lost $75 million and Kevin Bacon and his actress wife (I forget her name) lost $10 million. They were small potatoes compared to the trust funds, academic institutions, and philanthropic institutions that lost billions.
andet1987

Franksville, WI

#16 Dec 12, 2010
windypoint wrote:
I guess now that all the lawsuits have been filed by wronged parties last week (Saturday was the deadline for filing such suits), Madoff's list of victims and the amount they lost will be going public. The New York Times said "thousands" of celebrities lost fortunes. I heard Steven Spielberg lost $75 million and Kevin Bacon and his actress wife (I forget her name) lost $10 million. They were small potatoes compared to the trust funds, academic institutions, and philanthropic institutions that lost billions.
he must be breaking records as the best(or worst) scam artist of all time ?
LMAO

AOL

#17 Dec 12, 2010
andet1987 wrote:
he was jewish, like his father, so yeah he was a scammer

Monte Vista, Colorado

#18 Dec 12, 2010
LMAO wrote:
<quoted text>
And about 80% of the people he ripped off were Jewish too.
andet1987

Franksville, WI

#19 Dec 12, 2010
LMAO wrote:
<quoted text>
so he must be as guilty as his father ?
LMAO

AOL

#20 Dec 12, 2010
windypoint wrote:
<quoted text>
And about 80% of the people he ripped off were Jewish too.
yep thats why he got such a harsh sentence. If it were just gentiles he ripped off nobody would have said or done a thing...except possibly help him do it.
LMAO

AOL

#21 Dec 12, 2010
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
so he must be as guilty as his father ?
Yes, he probably is, and the rich jews that madoff ripped off, do you truly believe their hands were clean? Give me a break.

Monte Vista, Colorado

#22 Dec 12, 2010
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
he must be breaking records as the best(or worst) scam artist of all time ?
Has to be the largest monetary scam of its type in history. I still can't grasp the scope of the thing. They were talking $40-$45 billion when he first got busted two years ago. Now it may be as high as $70 billion. These lawsuits will cost a fortune and they'll go on forever. The people at the top of the pyramid who got their money out with interest are going to get sued by all the victims at the bottom of the pyramid who got screwed out of every penny. The lawyers are going to try to prove that Madoff's bankers were culpable too. That's where Madoff's investors will probably get at least some of their money back. The banks warehousing all these billions of dollars knew they were dealing with a pyramid scheme long, long before Madoff got busted. They'll probably offer an out-of-court settlement of pennies on the dollar.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 min presser 62,873
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... 14 min Bloody Bill Anderson 1,171
ODES to HILLARY ! 23 min Simply Irresistable 2
Why do FOX News woman dress like hookers (Jul '15) 31 min 2 Dogs 167
CORY HART Advises Americans on Trump ! 49 min CORY HEART 2
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 50 min jimi-yank 42,234
News Busta Rhymes Delaying Investigation (Feb '06) 1 hr Buster Hymen - Juice 2
Madam President 2 hr Little Bo Nonlib 441
Whine and Cheese: Where are the crackers (Dec '09) 5 hr LONESOME CANADIAN... 1,358

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages