Baring All About Sandy Hook's Nude Beach

Baring All About Sandy Hook's Nude Beach

There are 38 comments on the WNBC New York story from Aug 12, 2008, titled Baring All About Sandy Hook's Nude Beach. In it, WNBC New York reports that:

OK, let's get this out of the way upfront. Yeah, I looked. Wouldn't you? But I didn't gawk! And no, in reporting the story I didn't strip.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WNBC New York.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bud

Union City, NJ

#24 Aug 15, 2008
I would like to thank NBC for portraying nudism in a good light. Most of the media coverage for nudism try's to be trite and it can be annoying.

Being a regular at the beach I find it refreshing to see this piece keep up the good work.
Balto Bob

Redmond, WA

#25 Aug 15, 2008
I drive 200 miles to Gunnison. Wish I could get up there more often.
Beach Lover

United States

#26 Aug 15, 2008
Great story. Nice to see a piece about a nude beach that didn't include the all to common negative comments. Thanks.
Londo

United States

#27 Aug 15, 2008
I have a question. Do you ever have a problem with kids stealing your clothing? Here in Florida we have had some problems with kids waiting until you disrobe and then grabbing your clothing when you are in the water.
Tom Byrd

Lexington, NC

#28 Aug 17, 2008
Thanks for a true picture of the joy of naturism/nudism that does not take the typical "gasp and giggle" approach!
Londo

United States

#29 Aug 19, 2008
I would like to mention that we have had few problems recently but that a certain degree of caution has to be exercised of course. If I were to go to a nude beach with my girlfriend I would certainly be cautious as to who else is in the area.
Lisa

AOL

#31 Aug 25, 2008
I was able to visit the nude beach for the first time last week with a friend. All I can say is I had the time of my life! Thanks to Mayor Bob, he made us feel so safe and secure. He introduced us to a few very nice people and I swear, in about an hour's time lapse, the nudity just didn't exist, and it was a very liberating experience and I wonder why I didn't do it sooner! What a way to celebrate my 50th year!

Thanks Mayor Bob and to all the wonderful people who I can truly call friends.

Enjoy life!
Lisa
fofi

Sugar Loaf, NY

#32 Aug 25, 2008
last saturday was my first at sandy hook nude beach .

It was ok . My question is to know if people do sex. That thing is allow in canada but not all over
fofi

Sugar Loaf, NY

#33 Aug 25, 2008
I justr need to know if people have any sex contact at gunison beach.
I know that in canada nude beach they do
right

India

#34 Sep 7, 2008
my private part get erected in nude beach when i went first time
Chuck

Piscataway, NJ

#35 Dec 1, 2008
I go there a lot and I love it! People should realize, though, that although they're not as numerous, there are some female perverts that go to nude beaches. One time one of them was intently watching as I disrobed. I felt like I was doing a strip tease.
Tammy

Clifton Heights, PA

#36 Jul 6, 2009
Does anyone know where on the nude sandy hook (Gunnison Beach couples can have sex?
james

Staten Island, NY

#37 Nov 16, 2010
Nobody has posted in a long time, just a quick revival...... I grew up in the woods, its kinda scary to be completely nude, you could get hurt...
The beach however, a magical place to be nude. If it was the end of times, I would make a naked pilgrimage to the beach to experience the end of days. Its magical, I have done a lot of research, nothing compares to being naked at the beach.

Since: May 11

United States

#38 May 9, 2011
How does Sandy Hook compare to the other C/O beach nearby Lighthouse beach? Anyone ever been to both?
Pedro Cohen

New York, NY

#39 Dec 7, 2011
I have going to the Hook since 1993. It is very layed back. You see it all fat, skinny , young and old. Yes ,there are gawkers but they are harmless and some join in.
friendly Jay

Parlin, NJ

#40 May 1, 2013
hi
Hudson Valley BARE wrote:
Hey All, I think that this is great. I have been an avid naturist for most of my life, and it is great to see that mainstream news is finally covering this information. I have been running a nude social group for men in the Hudson Valley for the last two years - check us out online - just google Hudson Valley BARES.
Imdy Hook - or in the Mohonk Preserve here in New Paltz sometime soon!
Have a great rest of the summer!
bea

Monmouth Junction, NJ

#41 Oct 13, 2014
I got arrested in sandy hook for public lewdness,first time in my life,we were in the car when they came,it was no other car around us,we have to go to court in dec,and im so scared whats gonna happen,is anybody was in same situation?
bea

Monmouth Junction, NJ

#42 Oct 13, 2014
???what is the penalty for public lewdness???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 min Freedomofexpression 316,357
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... (Nov '16) 8 min NEMO 4,820
So the neo Nazis show their faces and . . . 12 min Logic board 1
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 19 min Paul Yanks 45,680
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 25 min SweLL GirL 17,341
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 32 min Paul Yanks 339,649
john peppercorn the prophet 45 min Ricardo montobomb 3
jets talk back (Dec '07) 7 hr jimi-yank 14,102

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages