Suspect sought in Riverhead bank robbery

Suspect sought in Riverhead bank robbery

There are 20 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 16, 2008, titled Suspect sought in Riverhead bank robbery. In it, Newsday reports that:

The police on Wednesday released surveillance photos of a man who robbed a North Fork Bank branch in Riverhead while wearing a baseball cap with a distinctive logo, and authorities offered a cash reward to ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Wow

Paterson, NJ

#1 Jan 16, 2008
The surveillance photos show a white man in his 30s, about 5-feet-11 inches, with an average build. He is wearing a dark-colored Quicksilver brand baseball cap, sunglasses, a dark hooded jacket, jeans and sneakers.

Is newsday now going to name the race of all suspects?
JIM

Quogue, NY

#3 Jan 16, 2008
I can see my yard from space, Google Earth.
We can't get a clearer picture of this guy from 10 feet away?
Southbound

Kansas City, MO

#4 Jan 16, 2008
QUICK! It's a white perp for once!!! Let's give a full description and run a photo!
Ed Burke

Coram, NY

#5 Jan 16, 2008
Everyone should always look Long and Hard at anyone entering a bank with sunglasses on, wearing a hat. This is the modern bandits way of replacing a mask. In fact why not make it illegal to even enter a bank and not immediately remove sunglasses ? What harm could such a law do ? Who needs to wear sunglasses indoors, other than a bank robber ?
cracker

Piscataway, NJ

#6 Jan 16, 2008
JIM wrote:
Great point! If I was a stockholder, I'f say sue the contractor for the security system, he's robbing us along with that white guy!
Idiot

Hauppauge, NY

#7 Jan 16, 2008
JIM wrote:
I don't know, maybe because banks don't use $50 million satellites behind the teller windows.
Weary

Huntington, NY

#8 Jan 16, 2008
Come on.How hard can it be to find a white guy in Riverhead?
FRED FLINTSTONE

Miami, FL

#9 Jan 16, 2008
Ed Burke wrote:
Everyone should always look Long and Hard at anyone entering a bank with sunglasses on, wearing a hat. This is the modern bandits way of replacing a mask. In fact why not make it illegal to even enter a bank and not immediately remove sunglasses ? What harm could such a law do ? Who needs to wear sunglasses indoors, other than a bank robber ?
Maybe they were perscription glasses?
Roxy

Middle Island, NY

#12 Jan 16, 2008
Wanna know where the rasicm in this case is really coming from? Look at your posts
Pfluger the Union Monkey

Needham, MA

#13 Jan 16, 2008
Weary wrote:
Come on.How hard can it be to find a white guy in Riverhead?
Exactly. Especially a white guy on foot, in Riverhead, with a bag full of cash. Maybe he's heading to the new Riverhead ski area.
JIM

Quogue, NY

#14 Jan 16, 2008
Idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know, maybe because banks don't use $50 million satellites behind the teller windows.
These aren't the same $50 million satellites that couldn't find th WMD's, are they?
Pfluger the Union Monkey

Needham, MA

#15 Jan 16, 2008
When the new ski area opens, there will be thousands of people wearing hats and masks around Riverhead.

The bank robbers will then have a field day, and never be caught.
Ed Burke

Coram, NY

#16 Jan 16, 2008
FRED FLINTSTONE wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe they were perscription glasses?
Then again maybe they were not. Dark Glasses could be taken off upon entering a bank, and replaced with the reading glasses.
Ed Burke

Coram, NY

#17 Jan 16, 2008
Pfluger the Union Monkey wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. Especially a white guy on foot, in Riverhead, with a bag full of cash. Maybe he's heading to the new Riverhead ski area.
Or the new Nascar Raceway.
Ed Burke

Coram, NY

#18 Jan 16, 2008
" Suspect Sought", so the guy in the bank video, with the bank robber disguise is 'Suspected' of being the Bank Robber ? Then who else is 'Suspected', if this guy in the video isn't the F'in Bank Robber, and only, maybe a suspected Bank Robber, then who the F is ? I love the bull Skit terminology, he's not a suspect, that photo is the F'in Guy who ROBBED THE BANK ! Where does the 'Maybe' come from, he's not 'maybe' the Bank Robber, He is The F'in Bank Robber ! When are we gonna start saying REALITY again, and why the F, Did it stop ?
Southamptonlocal

Brooklyn, NY

#19 Jan 17, 2008
Roxy wrote:
Wanna know where the rasicm in this case is really coming from? Look at your posts
I know! What is WRONG with people? His race was mentioned, because he is indeed WHITE- a suspect description. And Riverhead is very mixed, and white people commit crime all of the time. The ignorance and racism out there is astounding! So illogical! It makes me sick.
Southamptonlocal

Brooklyn, NY

#20 Jan 17, 2008
Ed Burke wrote:
" Suspect Sought", so the guy in the bank video, with the bank robber disguise is 'Suspected' of being the Bank Robber ? Then who else is 'Suspected', if this guy in the video isn't the F'in Bank Robber, and only, maybe a suspected Bank Robber, then who the F is ? I love the bull Skit terminology, he's not a suspect, that photo is the F'in Guy who ROBBED THE BANK ! Where does the 'Maybe' come from, he's not 'maybe' the Bank Robber, He is The F'in Bank Robber ! When are we gonna start saying REALITY again, and why the F, Did it stop ?
The paper can get sued for stating that the guy did it, until he is actually proved guilty in court.
NIMBY Island

Florham Park, NJ

#21 Jan 17, 2008
Ed Burke wrote:
<quoted text>
Or the new Nascar Raceway.
He probably needed the cash to get to Daytona.
nips

Brooklyn, NY

#22 Jan 25, 2008
this dude will so get caught! its just like CARMA. what goes around comes around. so after robbing a bank you get arrested becuase what goes around comes aroind!
ugly

Brooklyn, NY

#23 Jan 25, 2008
he should be put all over the news!
hes a robber that probably left on foot! or maybe it was an alien! qiuck let me get out my laser gun! LOL!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 16 min Paul Yanks 42,775
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 37 min Paul Yanks 335,471
President Trump's first 100 days - Roadmap to D... 38 min Goober of Glovers... 2,251
Add a word, Drop a word (Dec '09) 42 min SweLL GirL 17,552
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 1 hr -ROXIE- 16,005
News Some children fearful of what a Trump presidenc... 2 hr USA-1 11
Gay Teens NYC (Manhattan, Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn) (Jun '16) 3 hr empty_sockets 132

New York Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

New York Mortgages