Rangers talk back

“Stay cool!!!!!”

Since: May 08

New York, NY

#7467 Oct 10, 2013
Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree; I love the NHL Network and the classic games they show. I'm also getting a free sample of Centre Ice; probably until the end of the weekend
Oh my...you are lucky...gotta check and see if Verizon is doing that..i get lazy sometimes and gloss over channels looking for what I want...

no matter what, hope the isles do well, I am not a hater, just enjoy hockey...

ETR

“Hello boys.....”

Since: Aug 07

.......I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!

#7468 Nov 12, 2013
Hello? Hello? Is this on?? How about those Rangers lately? Who's paying attention?

“You have a right to....”

Since: Dec 07

protect yourself from Liberals

#7469 Nov 12, 2013
ETR wrote:
Hello? Hello? Is this on?? How about those Rangers lately? Who's paying attention?
paying attention ? Rangers are rolling, Islanders are folding, St Patrick Roy can coach and St Patrick's Day is not a National Holiday......yet

ETR

“Hello boys.....”

Since: Aug 07

.......I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!

#7470 Nov 12, 2013
Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
paying attention ? Rangers are rolling, Islanders are folding, St Patrick Roy can coach and St Patrick's Day is not a National Holiday......yet
I keep signing that petition on the Guinness website every year....

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#7471 Nov 12, 2013
ETR wrote:
I am....shoot..score..play defense
guys getting back healthy again..and love that Talbot goalie
good to see them back again...

and good to see ETR back on topix!
mommaroo

Riverhead, NY

#7472 Nov 30, 2013
Well, it was fun to be a ranger's fan today! Sad to see no one else was feeling it???

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#7473 Nov 30, 2013
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
I am....shoot..score..play defense
guys getting back healthy again..and love that Talbot goalie
good to see them back again...
and good to see ETR back on topix!
no doubt we all feel the win, lose...a basic 500 team...

give it time, rangers feeling out the new coach and play

kinda hard with the start they had and injuries....

and they just played flat out bad vs tampa and cannot match up against boston...

but hey, its early.

“Palpatine ain't no”

Since: Dec 10

Jimmy the Greek

#7474 Jan 13, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
no doubt we all feel the win, lose...a basic 500 team...
give it time, rangers feeling out the new coach and play
kinda hard with the start they had and injuries....
and they just played flat out bad vs tampa and cannot match up against boston...
but hey, its early.
Good call there Jimi. They seem to be clicking on the new coach's system now. Surprised Fat boy Momma wasn't on here when the Rangers were struggling but since his team was even worse, that prolly scared him away. He still fluffing in NC? LMFAO!!

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#7475 Jan 13, 2014
TMshyster wrote:
<quoted text>
Good call there Jimi. They seem to be clicking on the new coach's system now. Surprised Fat boy Momma wasn't on here when the Rangers were struggling but since his team was even worse, that prolly scared him away. He still fluffing in NC? LMFAO!!
It does take time going from the insane dictator to a new system...I saw the last couple of games like the black hawk and philly ones...totally different...checking, passing lanes...tuff defense on the penalty shifts..and the king was back so it seemed in the 3rd period blocking shots standing on his head..point blank in some cases

a total team effort...all 4 lines playing and well..something that torts never really tried and wore down his top players...

fatty is always fluffing in the Carolinas and wont dare post out of profile anymore to show his Ashville isp...

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#7476 Feb 2, 2014
Rangers taking the series from the Isles...sweet and on national tv

The king was just great.....only thing, will stupid sather trade cally??

“too much coffee!”

Since: Jun 09

oceanside

#7477 Feb 3, 2014
According to the guys on hockey night in canada, that whole scenario was thought to be pretty much engineered by sather to bring home to callahan that he's not worth what he's asking. i don't think sather wants to trade him, but he doesn't want to break the bank on him, either. makes sense to me and i don't think it's stupid.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#7478 Feb 5, 2014
mamere wrote:
According to the guys on hockey night in canada, that whole scenario was thought to be pretty much engineered by sather to bring home to callahan that he's not worth what he's asking. i don't think sather wants to trade him, but he doesn't want to break the bank on him, either. makes sense to me and i don't think it's stupid.

ah, sather...a gm whose track record is so great....I agree on trading almost anyone. no issues

but, what was reported as for what he was getting back from the blues was not so smart...a guy who last scored well in 2010? 3 years ago?

the last trade for klein I liked and the one prior to that...grinder guys who we missed in the last trade for nash...no problem for that..

but, if you want to trade the captain who is respected and liked in the clubhouse, get value back.

not a dump.

#7479 Feb 7, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
ah, sather...a gm whose track record is so great....I agree on trading almost anyone. no issues
but, what was reported as for what he was getting back from the blues was not so smart...a guy who last scored well in 2010? 3 years ago?
the last trade for klein I liked and the one prior to that...grinder guys who we missed in the last trade for nash...no problem for that..
but, if you want to trade the captain who is respected and liked in the clubhouse, get value back.
not a dump.
I don't think it's a dump; but certainly you don't want him walking for nothing if he decides to go UFA.

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#7480 Feb 7, 2014
Guinness Drinker wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think it's a dump; but certainly you don't want him walking for nothing if he decides to go UFA.

oh, I felt the one guy mentioned was below value from st Louis...just my opinion, but hey, I am with you, get something, whether its a top draft pick, good defensemen, etc....cally is a 3rd liner right now...but he plays tough and has the team support...

not a fan of letting players go in any sport with value when you can trade and get back something decent.

or, sign him.

#7481 Feb 7, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
oh, I felt the one guy mentioned was below value from st Louis...just my opinion, but hey, I am with you, get something, whether its a top draft pick, good defensemen, etc....cally is a 3rd liner right now...but he plays tough and has the team support...
not a fan of letting players go in any sport with value when you can trade and get back something decent.
or, sign him.
whatever they decide to do, just make sure he stays in the other conference
Rejean Houle

Massapequa, NY

#7482 Feb 7, 2014
Hockey is such a great sport, but you would never know it if you watch ESPN TV or listen to ESPN radio, you would think the only 2 sports that exist are football and basketball. I think ESPN has a target audience, the inner cities, and refuses to consider any other people out there that love hockey.
How many times do we want to hear stories about the Knicks, or now the NFL combine?

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#7483 Feb 18, 2014
Rejean Houle wrote:
Hockey is such a great sport, but you would never know it if you watch ESPN TV or listen to ESPN radio, you would think the only 2 sports that exist are football and basketball. I think ESPN has a target audience, the inner cities, and refuses to consider any other people out there that love hockey.
How many times do we want to hear stories about the Knicks, or now the NFL combine?

since espn does not carry it, they bury it....thankfully, nbc and the nhl channel give us some great games...I enjoy the outdoor series...the ones in ny were intense...
Rejean Houle

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#7484 Feb 18, 2014
jimi-yank wrote:
<quoted text>
since espn does not carry it, they bury it....thankfully, nbc and the nhl channel give us some great games...I enjoy the outdoor series...the ones in ny were intense...
ESPN has a target audience, the inner city black population. They have no use for hockey. They have no use for baseball as well. The inner city black population likes to watch basketball and football. i don't think it is just because they don't carry it. They are watching the trends of the inner city and kow tow to it.

#7485 Mar 5, 2014
it's official.....the Captain is off to Tampa Bay for Martin St.Louis

“Stay cool!!!!!”

New York, NY

#7486 Mar 6, 2014
Guinness Drinker wrote:
it's official.....the Captain is off to Tampa Bay for Martin St.Louis

for the "captain" of the tampons...a very good goal scorer...tough little player

it will be interesting to see how it goes...I actually like the guy the canadiens got, someone who plays well against the bruins who are the team to beat in the east...you need tough nasty players to beat them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New York Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yankee talk back 4, or is it 5 (Aug '08) 4 min FuMan Chu Yanks 330,684
Whine and Cheese: Where are the crackers (Dec '09) 14 min 2 Dogs 1,101
EndlessWinds Kennel Unethical Breeding 33 min Dani2001 1
HILLARY will be THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER (Dec '14) 39 min DILLIGAF 11,306
General Mills uses imported flour!!! 46 min Sam 1
Mets talkback (Dec '07) 49 min Hooplah 40,909
Drop a Word, Add a Word (Jan '10) 54 min Princess Hey 14,960
Topix Human Sexuality Forum Discontinued 22 hr Charlie Coupland 26

New York Jobs

More from around the web